[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The agreed-upon site in the Overtown district will enabl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: derp.jpg (21 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
21 KB, 460x276
>The agreed-upon site in the Overtown district will enable the construction of a privately-funded 25,000 seat arena at an estimated cost of $250m. Beckham and the MLS brass dreamed of channelling the European-style ritual of walking to the match, as adopted successfully by MLS fans in Seattle, Portland and Toronto.

>Except Overtown isn’t the kind of place people like to walk right now. Max Ramos-Paez of the Southern Legion fans group said: “People seem to like the location in terms of where it is in Miami. However, some don’t like that it’s in Overtown due to its notoriety as a dangerous area.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/11/miami-david-beckham-mls-stadium

Holy shit is this guy retarded?

Now his final option is dying as well because people don't want to walk through a neighborhood filled with dindus. The county is now demanding parking garages as well.

He should just let it go, he's been trying for 2 years to get a site. Miami doesn't really have divegrass """""fans""""" anyways.
>>
File: 1426531067546.jpg (24 KB, 320x306) Image search: [Google]
1426531067546.jpg
24 KB, 320x306
>>65938220
>Holy shit is this guy retarded?
You're seriously asking this question about Beckham???
>>
>>65938220
>Beckham and the MLS brass dreamed of channelling the European-style ritual of walking to the match, as adopted successfully by MLS fans in Seattle, Portland and Toronto.

Has Beckham ever been to Miami? It's 90 degrees here on average in the summer (which is when most of the MLS season is played). The fans would all die of heat strokes.

>He should just let it go, he's been trying for 2 years to get a site. Miami doesn't really have divegrass """""fans""""" anyways.

Actually, Miami has a ton of soccer fans. But they all like Barcelona or Real Madrid, nobody cares about MLS.
>>
>Overtown is a neighborhood of Miami, Florida, United States, just northwest of Downtown Miami. Originally called Colored Town
>the area was once the preeminent and is the historic center for commerce in the black community in Miami and South Florida.

N O P E
O P E
P E
E
>>
>>65938220
>Overtown

So Beckham's plan is to kill all the people in Miami who actually care about MLS. Clever.
>>
>Overtown had a population of 10,029 residents, with 3,646 households, and 2,128 families residing in the city. The median household income was $13,211.99. The racial makeup of the neighborhood was 74.77% Black
lel I wouldn't go to the games if they were fucking free
>>
>>65938220
"Hey guys, I want you to walk in mid-July in the most humid part of the country through the most dangerous part of the city"

We wouldn't even do this for football.
>>
>>65941986
Would you do it for burger?
>>
>>65942006
>walking through the ghetto parts of Miami in the middle of summer

Assuming it's the best goddamn burger ever, then yes, but only because I'd be able to blend in. If I was 100% white then probably not.
>>
>>65938220
>>65941942
>>65941968

>parts of his country are so dangerous people are afraid to walk the streets in broad daylight

kek

KEK

>America
>a first world country

pick uno
>>
>>65942399
>implying you would walk through abo neighborhoods
Dumb kiwi
>>
>>65942590

I'd unironically have to catch a three hour plane trip to get to one
>>
>>65942399

It's not that, it's just that this specific part of Miami kind of out of the way, and Americans have a tradition of driving pretty much everywhere. Plus, Miami is absurdly humid, and the season runs during the summer. It would be insane to make fans walk in the richest parts of the city, let alone fucking Overtown.
>>
>>65942604
I would as well for a nignog neighborhood. Your point?
>>
>>65942656
>Americans have a tradition of driving pretty much everywhere

it smacks of plain arrogance that he is trying to force some shitty European "tradition" in another country.

any marketing 101 course will tell you that the first thing you do when trying to introduce your product to another country is to adapt it to the local norms
>>
Question for the MIA fags, is the location ass deep in your ghetto, like surrounded on all sides and you would have to walk through an open air heroin market to get there? Or is it like Atlanta's Georgia Dome, where its location is "Vine City" (IE where they filmed Tha Bluff) but it's on the outskirts of where it's truly ghetto

if it's the latter y'all shouldn't care, unless the aim is to draw lily white suburbanites who are scared of their own shadow, which in that case it needs to go out in the suburbs where they can feel safe and protected in their little bubbles
>>
>>65938220
>Miami doesn't really have divegrass """""fans""""" anyways.
He must be assuming they do because of how many argies are there.
>>
>>65942675
His point is that none of his cities have abos. Abos live out in the bush. Whereas you guys have African Americans living on top of you and making you too scared to walk through your own neighborhoods. Talk about c.u.c.k.e.d.
>>
>>65941927
90 degrees
Kek nice "warm" day
>>
>>65943078

I'll take a chimichanga con queso por favor, andale andale mayate
>>
>>65938220
MLS is lame
>>
>>65941942
>United States

is there any place at all he could have ensured fans don't get shot on the way to the game?
>>
Overtown is a shithole, I wouldn't want to live in any South Florida black or cuban neighborhood
t. su amigo en miami
>>
ITT: a bunch of fucking pussies complain about i-its n-not in m-muh suburbs and bring out their deep fear of the black man.

Grow some fucking balls, besides with the right investment and city planning they can start to recover Overtown like they've been doing with Midtown, Upper eastside and Wynwood.
>>
>>65942590
The Maori really aren't that bad though.
>>
i'm sure the location was cheap, and these people are too naive to know what goes on in "bad neighborhoods".
>>
>>65944347
This is "Low-income non-whites make me uncomfortable": The Thread
>>
File: David Beckham and Ryan Newman.jpg (126 KB, 767x1024) Image search: [Google]
David Beckham and Ryan Newman.jpg
126 KB, 767x1024
>>65938220
>Holy shit is this guy retarded?

David Beckham just wants to do good in this world, stop bullying him.
>>
>>65944529
>David Beckham just wants to do good in this world, stop bullying him.
As long as it always benefits him and promotes his brand.
>>
>>65943086
In America, living in the city is undesirable and cheap. That's why niggers and poor whites/young people do it. It is much more desirable to have your own home/lawn/driveway in the suburbs or a few towns over and drive to work in the city.

So no, no one lives where the niggers live except them. No one wants to and all the businesses that aren't Liquor Stores/Fast food places have all since moved away.
>>
>>65944510
Confirmed for never seeing south/central Florida ghettos. Lived in the worst part of Orlando for 2 years and had 12 murders committed in a 5 block radius of me, one outside of my doorstep. Over a 100 murders in that tine if you count the whole "neighborhood" of Pine Hills.
>>
File: GzL9QoQ.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
GzL9QoQ.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>65944347
>wynwood

Full of hipster trash m80
>>
>>65943075
It's really not that bad. Marlins park is also in a bad part of town and it's not a big deal
>>
File: 1443966820723.jpg (455 KB, 2448x2450) Image search: [Google]
1443966820723.jpg
455 KB, 2448x2450
>>65945251
>living in the city is undesirable and cheap
>living in the city is cheap

Confirmed for 16 years old.
>>
>>65945291
Crime hills represent
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.