[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today while talking with my boyfriend something came up. He
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 533x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 533x385
Today while talking with my boyfriend something came up.

He said "I miss flirting with other girls"

This really confuses me, I mean sure I kind of miss flirting with other guys and getting extra attention but the pros of being with him far out weigh that.

It feels discouraging to hear him say that.

Adv, does this mean that he's bored or looking to end the relationship soon? Is this normal?
>>
Probably
>>
>>22922451
Probably to what? It's normal or ending soon?
>>
>>22922457
Yeah
>>
>>22922434
I'd say he is either bored or testing the waters for an open relationship
>>
>>22922434
Do you feel he'd share anything with you? Was he single a lot before you? If so it was probably just a fleeting thought. I was just thinking today about how much I'd miss exchanging googly eyes with random girls if I actually had a gf. If I had a girlfriend I probably wouldn't be afraid of saying that to her, nor would that mean I'm bored.

tl;dr depends
>>
>>22922511
Ya I do think he shares a lot with me. Maybe I'm making out to be more then it is. When he said it I felt like he is FIGHTING the urge to flirt with any girl he get to the chance to talk to.
>>
>>22922532
Probably
>>
>>22922434
>He said "I miss flirting with other girls"
>This really confuses me
>It feels discouraging
>I mean sure I kind of miss flirting with other guys and getting extra attention

I'm getting some mixed messages here.

Regardless, maybe he's just telling you how he feels because he wants to maintain an open and honest relationship. Try not to freak out. Just hear what he's saying and work something out. Do you trust him to flirt with other girls and NOT fuck them?
>>
>>22922434
wait, he said something out loud that you said you feel too but it's discouraging? I'm 37, been with the same woman for a long time. You miss the chase sometimes, you miss somebody new and different being into you. It doesn't mean he'll cheat just like you said that you miss it too doesn't mean you'll cheat. It sure as hell doesn't mean it's over. I still flirt from time to time but it's something that was always a big part of my personality. I'm not looking to go get a side piece or anything like that, it's just fun to chase once in a while and have a bit of adult fun. My wife thinks it's funny when I get hit on or when I flirt because she's known me so long. For us we know that we're always coming home to each other so it's a no risk endeavor and it's surely not a sign of the end of a relationship.

TL:DR - Learn to 20's, it's not sign for the end of anything.
>>
If my girlfriend said something like this too me, I'd open the relationship.

In reality though, you can do a number of things. I don't think its a problem if you flirt with other people. I flirt with everyone, including people I don't find attractive, because its simply fun.

If it bothers you, tell him it bothers you. Open a discussion. He was willing to tell you his thoughts, tell him your thoughts.

Communication is the key to a long lasting, healthy relationship.
>>
>>22922763
yea, and what this dude said, instead of bringing it up on some board realize that you're both human and talk to him
>>
Basic flirting, no touching, is healthy and can bring energy to your relationship. It's like opening the menu and taking a look without ordering.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.