[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tea Time Haven't done one of these in a while. Lets talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: more tea.jpg (92 KB, 1086x711) Image search: [Google]
more tea.jpg
92 KB, 1086x711
Tea Time

Haven't done one of these in a while. Lets talk /soc/, whats going on? Anything you want to talk about?

Tell me all of your secrets...
>>
>>22902628
I got back with my bf after he cheated on me. He ended up dating the girl for a while. After we had been back together for a month, she found out she was pregnant.

I want him to be in the kid's life, yet I don't think I can be. I can't honestly see myself helping to raise this baby. Somebody told me to either fully accept the child or not.. I don't think I can.
>>
>>22902661
This is a pretty complicated situation. I mean he cheated on you and got someone else pregnant. The most logical thing to do is to leave him and get ahead of this all. That probably sounds bad, but I'm thinking about the fact that he's lost the right of your trust and you just said that you don't think you can accept the child. Now I get there are feelings involved and I don't know either of you so this is just my basic input here. But I just don't see this working out for you. But in the end you will do as you will do and I hope you make the decision thats right for you, but... But this just seems like a terrible thing for you to stick through.

Thats my advice as some total stranger on the internet. I hope you can figure this out and do whats best for yourself.
>>
>>22902710
Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it. It's just so stressful. I have been thinking about leaving him. I told him I don't want him to not be in the baby's life just because he wants to be with me; that's not fair to the baby at all.

But thanks again for your input(:
>>
>>22902721
Of course, and I get it. I mean my ex wife cheated on me and left me while I was in Iraq and that fucked my world up for a very long time. I struggled for a long time, I missed her, I hated her, I loved her, I still needed her in my life, et cetera...

Its hard to do what is obvious when you still have feelings for someone, but in the end she did me a favor and I can appreciate it now that my life has changed and I'm better.

You just have to be strong for yourself and do what you think is best, whether it hurts or not.
>>
>>22902734
I'm sorry that happened to you anon): I'm glad you are doing okay now
>>
>>22902748
No need to apologize, and thank you. Sometimes we just have to learn some life lessons the hard way, it makes us better people you know? And I hope you feel the same way soon.

Anyways since you're the only person here how are you on this fine evening? Drinking any tea?
>>
>>22902765
I'm alright, just lying in bed and watching TV. I actually don't really like tea haha how are you?
>>
>>22902808
You don't like tea? Goodness...

I'm swell, thinking about making brownies. Its a slow night and I don't have plans. Just taking it easy really.
>>
Do you know how I can get a gf?

I'm fairly good looking but I have no gf
>>
>>22902820
Well that depends, what kind of personality do you have? I mean the internet is a pretty tough place filled lies and bullshit, you'll hear all sorts of horse shit like alpha/beta talk,but it honestly depends on the personality.

Just fucking be cool, smile, ask, be personable. Thats how I get along in life, I mean its just one of those things man. You have to be realistic, have realistic expectations and not get ahead of yourself. Treat woman like humans and people will like you.

And be sure to have some god damn humility.
>>
File: image.jpg (642 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
642 KB, 1224x1632
>>22902628
Well they wouldn't be secrets if I told you silly
>>
>>22902941
Thats the point, I want to know your secrets...
>>
More bumps.
>>
So I like this guy I work with, and it's just so hard to tell if he likes me back. I'm usually able to pick up on things, but it's different with him. I don't usually work at the store he works at, but when we do work together we talk all night. About everything.

I just can't tell if he's just really friendly and social or if he's really just flat out interested.

It's not a huge deal, I'm just curious and also kind of shy when it comes to qts.
>>
>>22905080
Hmmm, well why don't you just ask him if he'd like to hang out some time? I mean if he'd like to hang out there is a good chance he has interests in you. And there is nothing wrong with asking him you know? Guys like that shit sometimes.
>>
>>22905080

You're going to have to seduce him by force unfortunately. Hang out with him at home and start the cuddling. Or whatever.

If he doesn't take the first step it's up to you.
>>
>>22907206
I'll just bag him up, throw him in the trunk, and take him home with me. Force him to watch the twilight zone on Netflix and cuddle me until the break of dawn. If he doesn't like me after that then I guess I'll just lose hope... Or keep him until he does.
>>
>>22907183
Yeah I guess I should just stop being a pussy and ask him. We have a lot in common so it wouldn't be hard to figure out something to do.
>>
>>22907932
Be straight up and be like, 'hey faggot, lets go do something because well I like your faggoty ass' or something like that. Worse comes to worse, he doesn't feel that way, you save your time from over thinking this when you could be at home still being awesome otherwise.
>>
A month ago, I probably would still being the same thing you're doing.
Sure, I told her whats up and how I felt. Got denied, learned a bit more about her while so. Did it hurt a bit, yeah, but shit happens.
We're still totally straight up cool cats as friends and all. In fact, her and I have a date planned later in the month.. (although totally irrelevant)
>>
>>22907932
I wouldn't say stop being a pussy, I mean its tough to try and see if there is a connections with people like that you know? But honestly whats the worst that can happen? He says no?
>>
>>22908741
That's totally the worst that can happen. Fuck it, I'll do it.
>>
>>22909105
I'm proud of you anon, you go do you!
>>
I'm drinking some nasty ass epimedium tea, regretting bitching out from a hookup with a cute asian chub I chat with on growlr
>>
>>22909208
Haha, well you could stop I suppose, what about it is nasty? I've never have epimedium before, sounds nasty though. Never heard of growlr before either. Why did you bitch out?
>>
Drinking with friends who claim I need a gf and I have "needs" that I need a gf and etc. When I can fax and fulfill my needs with fapping.

Hugless kissless virgin etc. But they worry about me, which is cool and I get that we've been friends since the 3rd grade, but they prompt me to be confrontational when I drink with the whole "you need a gf" thing but I'm not a people person and I don't like going outside.
>>
In the middle of a strange time.

I work for a Junk company. It's hard stuff; I'm not the biggest guy in the world and moving the pianos is starting to take its toll on me. My back hurts, my shoulder hurts, and my knees kill me going up and down stairs. I've become much stronger, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I'm contemplating getting a new job.

My ride is starting to act up on me. I've used all the diagnostic tools at my disposal and still can't figure out the problem. Until now, I had believed myself to be a proficient mechanic. I've built custom motorcycles over the years. But this has got me all bent out of shape that I cant figure it out. At this point I'm basically throwing parts at it. I believe I might trade in for a hearse or police car tomorrow.

I'm fed up with this girl I've been talking to. She is the victimized type. Woe is her, the world is out to get her, and everyone sucks. And I mean, some days I get it. Yeah the world sucks and people are shitty. But shit, can't you move on and hold your head up? Not everyday brings rain, Sunshine. Maybe I'm too positive of a person.

I keep looking forward to owning my own home. A coworker and I were talking about it and he said that my efforts were futile and I'd never own a home. Which is depressing to hear, but more than likely realistic. I've budgeted to stay within my means rather well to this point. My bank believes I can do just fine.

How has everyone else been?
>>
>>22910416
I get the whole being pressured and confronted thing. But they just care about you, you dig? Having a significant other comes with responsibilities, theres a lot of compromising that comes with being with someone. Sometimes its not for people. No big deal.
>>
Is it a big deal that I'm not "purely" white

my dad's korean and my mom's white. I'm about as caucasian looking as it gets sans almond eyes

barely anyone in my life knows because i legitimately never think about it. my granola crunching coexist bumper sticker having "i don't see race" girlfriend just found out and flipped her shit because she feels i "betrayed" her

is this really a big deal or is she just fucking retarded
>>
>>22910479
Oh man, I would definitely suggest getting a new job. It can be good to have a tough job sometimes, but if your shoulders, back, and knees hurt its not worth it. I'm retired from the military and my body is wrecked, don't let some shit job ruin your body and health brodog.

I can understand that feeling man. I used to be a helicopter mechanic, and I do all of my own work on my motorcycle. But sometimes shits just all fucking stupid. When I worked on bird those things would break for reasons unimaginable. I mean there were times when $100k parts would just not work, and we would never figure it out. God damn gremlins man, somtimes something just doesn't make sense...

Nonono, I totally understand this. Sometimes people want to be upset. I'm talking to this lady right now who just talks about being triggered all the time. And I can understand life sucking, I supper from severe depression. But fuck you're right, its possible to just take it as it comes and laugh about it. Find a way to enjoy shit that sucks. Maybe you just need to move on without her, there are always more people to meet.

Owning a house can be a fickle mistress, no amount of budgeting can help if there are economic collapses and you go underwater on a house. So I can see the pessimism your coworker is expressing. But in the end if its what you want thats whats important, of course being a realist and knowing that unforseen bad shit can occur is good, but you have to do what you think is best for you. And if you want to own a house then everyone else can go kick rocks, just be sure to try and live within your means like you stated, I believe in you man.

I'm well to be honest, my life is quite well. Not to sound like a cunt or anything but haven't been better in years. I hope you can fell better about some stuff yourself.
>>
>>22910535
Purely white? Look man race is bullshit, people like to throw it around but you're just a fucking person. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, we as humans love to put meaning into shit that doesn't matter. And its pretty sad that she feels betrayed for that.

I mean what has changed since she found out? Do you perform less as a human? Do you smell any different or can you effect anything less in your environment? Stay strong and just continue to be.
>>
>>22910481
Nah its not about that. I'm kind of a pessimist and they all have normalfag advice like "just be uourself" etc. And when that fails they don't know what to think.

They try to help but I think it's just a matter of meeting the right person desu.
>>
File: ebin.png (368 KB, 734x594) Image search: [Google]
ebin.png
368 KB, 734x594
frigging fembots, man
>>
>>22910639
Well its totally about meeting the right person, I mean you have to be able to click of course, but you still have to make effort from time to time. I mean you'll never know who the right person is if you're not making those shots in the dark right?

>>22910646
I don't follow.
>>
I just got confirmation that I passed my masters degree. I dont have anyone to tell right now, but I feel good.
>>
>>22910834
Fuck yeah! Thats pretty god damn cool, whats the degree in?
>>
>>22910859
Financial Mathematics and Risk.

I scraped through. Only just made it, probably down to some generous marking. But whatever. I got a good score in my thesis which is easy to use when impressing employers.
>>
>>22910869
A pass is a pass, fuck everything else. I'm proud of you, does the career field look good?
>>
>>22910881
I dont know. I havent secured anything yet, and I always put off doing the applications because they are long and difficult. If I really applied myself to them I think Id have options.

World top 25 ranked uni masters + 3 month investment bank intern experience. Hopefully there is something out there. Right now im working in Pizza Hut, and its degrading.
>>
>>22910889
You're a god damn trooper, shits payed off. I hope it works out for you. I'm a uni drop out so good jorb, sorry about the pizza hut thing. I've never worked in the food biz myself so I can't say I understand. But yeah man, shits looking up for you.

Whats next? Taking some time to unfuck your brain? You won't need to move for work would you?
>>
>>22910900
Im applying for graduate schemes currently.

My masters was at uni in London. I was living with my gf whilst she was on a 1 year training program. She payed for almost everything and I basically buried myself in debt to fund the rest since I didnt have time to work.

At the end of the masters and her training program, she got a job in a different city. The loan I took to pay for my masters needed repaying. I couldnt afford the rent on the place we had in London on my own and still manage to repay my loan. Had to move back with parents (about 2 hours from London) and took the first job I could get since my financial situation is so bad.

So now just applying for some grad schemes in my home city, and for the bigger investment banks in London.
>>
>>22910931
I'm sorry to hear about the debt, thats pretty scary. I can't say I can relate again, the VA pays all my shit. But you'll make it man, sometimes you gotta just dredge through shit. But fuck, I mean you have a god damn masters, so fuck yeah.
>>
>>22910668
I don't leave the house often enough to make "shots in the dark". The women here are uggos, or fatties. I get that beggars can't be choosers etc. But waist size means more to me than breast or ass size, and it's not hard to look like you weren't hit in the face with a shovel when you got out of the womb.

I never thought I had terribly high standards until recently desu.
>>
>>22911010
Where are you from?
>>
enjoying some pg tips and sopranos atm
recently switched to tea after learning the theanine in it makes for a caffeine buzz that doesn't have the jittery effects and crash that you'd get in coffee or energy drinks.
much love to my fellow tea people.
>>
>>22911015
Nova Scotia, Canada.
>>
>>22911024
Well howdy stranger, its nice to meet another tea friend. What kind of tea are you drinking?

>>22911026
I have family in Nova Scotia, well I hope you can find someone homie.
>>
File: tumblr_ngt79j1MXF1tehzmpo1_500.jpg (18 KB, 403x226) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngt79j1MXF1tehzmpo1_500.jpg
18 KB, 403x226
>>22911030
Just the way of the road I guess.
>>
File: pg_tips.jpg (42 KB, 400x441) Image search: [Google]
pg_tips.jpg
42 KB, 400x441
>>22911030
pic related, is this what everybody in britain drinks?
>>
>>22911055
Hmm, never heard of it. I'm in Canada. Hows your day?
>>
>>22911066
sleep schedule is fucked, asmr isn't working the miracles it usually does. right now it's the calm before the storm of finals next week.
>>
>>22911109
Try binaural tones, maybe that will help. I have insomnia myself, but I take Ambian to help with the sleeplessness.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.