[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a rekt cheaters and academic shitheads thread? >Homework
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
Can we get a rekt cheaters and academic shitheads thread?

>Homework is piss easy googling assignment. Class of 130 students.
>Group of kids turn in identical homework. Professor would never notice in such a large class except...
>They all sit together and had one of their friends deliver a stack of their homeworks to the front of the class.
>All of them get 0.
>>
>>8067584
>I cheated on every hw and lab
>Got As
>Passed exams off of pure creativity of solutions.

It was awesome mate.
>>
File: weybay.gif (1 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
weybay.gif
1 MB, 288x288
>>8067584
This was some crazy shit
>taking P chem lab in university
>bunch of people have old lab reports
>don't take them because muh honor
>apparently the group all turned in the lab reports with the same exact spelling error besides being so different from one another
>professor notices this
>he goes back five years and pulls up the original lab report with the same exact spelling error
>each one of them has to explain how they have the same spelling error as a five year old lab report all with similar results
>one of them tells the professor that they had old copies of the lab reports and names everyone, like an idiot
>they all got written up and expelled
>mfw

It was like some batman type shit.

I really didn't like that professor but after he did that he became one of my favorites. They were the same group that cheated through Gen chem and Orgo together.
>>
>Gen Chem 1
>Kid in row behind me comments how professor never pays attention during exams and how easy to cheat it would be, says "you cout have a sheet of notes right here and he wouldn't notice."
>Professor passes out exam, class begins taking it
>A few minutes later, professor begins walking around
>"What is that on the floor? Is that notes?
>Kid: "Uh..uh..yeah..I forgot to put them away
>Is it chemistry
>Kid "Uh yeah, but not this class
>like what other chemistry class would you take before passing gen chem I?
>dumbass busted cheating
>>
File: 1440743432103.jpg (96 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
1440743432103.jpg
96 KB, 800x437
>>8067584
>Calc I
>professor gives out the final
>he SPECIFICALLY states that's going to come around periodically and lift up your paper
>like he's not even stealthy about it
>he goes from left to right
>this one girl thinks that putting her phone underneath her final she won't get caught besides the professor saying this in advance
>she gets caught
>she starts instantly crying like a bitch and begging not to be expelled

I never followed up but how could you be that stupid.
>>
File: 1452861643860.jpg (26 KB, 192x171) Image search: [Google]
1452861643860.jpg
26 KB, 192x171
>>8067653
This is so satisfying.
Seriously though, you can cheat in uni and graduate, but you can't just do the same after you get a job.
>>
File: 1430276429566.jpg (30 KB, 480x408) Image search: [Google]
1430276429566.jpg
30 KB, 480x408
>Be TA
>Help the students with their homework every week
>Keep reminding them that do not copy each other because anyone who involved will get 0, no matter who copies who.
>Still copy in assignments anyway
>Receive 0
>"No, I didn't copy from him"
Their codes are fucking identical, even the comments. What the fuck is wrong with some CS students? They think other people are stupid or what?
>>
Freshman year, the same person I overheard complaining about how much harder she had to work to prove herself as a girl at a tech school later bragged to me about how thoroughly she cheated on our econ final. Four years later it still makes me mad.
>>
>>8067716
CMU
>>
>>8067584
>taking cal I
>do none of the homework
>Get C, when would otherwise have A
Genuinely going to kill myself. If my dreams are unreachable, not point in putting off the inevitable.
>>
>>8067730
What's your dream?
Why would you even want to kill yourself because you had a C in Cal I?
>>
>>8067735
To get into a genuinely good genetics post-grad program, which I'll never do if I can't motivate myself to do the work.

I increasingly get the feeling that making anything but an A means you didn't truly engage with the material, and thus you're falling behind.
>>
>In lab for General Chemistry 2 right after a test
>guy goes up to the professor's desk to get his lab work checked off, ask question, w/e
>leaves calculator at the desk
>time goes by, teacher sees calculator and says "someone left his calculator up her-"
>looks at it for a few seconds
>has all the diagrams and definitions written in sharpie inside the cover and back of the calculator.
>teacher doesn't know whos calculator it is.
>says something along the line to the class "well thank you for the calculator whoever left it up here. Because if you come and claim it, you're getting dropped from the class with an F"
>goes on about academia honesty for a few minutes
>the kid comes to the teacher after lab and admits he cheated
>teacher let him finish the class but got a 0 on the test.

I wish he got dropped desu
>>
>>8067749
>not just programming it into the calculator

Are people actually this dumb? Tbh I programmed all the constants into my calculator and used the built-in conversion functions in Gen Chem.
>>
>>8067749
was it a graphing calculator? if so the moron could have just punched in the definitions in his calculator and scrolled up for the history
>>
File: 1453063198833.png (325 KB, 1542x1793) Image search: [Google]
1453063198833.png
325 KB, 1542x1793
>>8067748
Don't worry, you can do it anon.
Finding motivation is hard enough. But you can also learn to motivate yourself, there are things that can help you so you can try them out, one by one.
Falling Cal I or anything is not the end of the world.
>>
>>8067756
It's community college, so yes.

>>8067759
I don't think so. Might have just been a scientific calculator.
>>
Nobody got rekt but I'm posting it anyway

>Taking test
>Professor grades tests during the class for people who get done early and the fact he just wants to get it out of the way
>Walks out to go take a shit or something
>Left his answer key on the desk
>Guy runs up and takes a picture on his phone
>Proceeds to text it to half the class
>Everybody is staring at their phones hidden under the table
>>
File: rest.jpg (134 KB, 710x508) Image search: [Google]
rest.jpg
134 KB, 710x508
>Doing CS assignments
>Google problem I'm having
>Literally the solutions for the assignment I'm doing show up as the third result
>And all the solutions for all the other homework we'll be doing for the rest of the quarter
>Save the link in a google doc asap
>Copy the solutions but make it more like my own style and also intentionally drop a few lines of code to try and cover my tracks
>Turn in on the due date
>Increasing dread about getting busted for plagiarism haunts my footsteps

Lord have mercy on me, I don't want to get expelled for a class in a minor I'm not sure I want to keep pursuing
>>
File: chrysippus.png (117 KB, 238x351) Image search: [Google]
chrysippus.png
117 KB, 238x351
>genetics professor
>also teaches pharmacology
>pharma had a test day before genetics lecture
>he tells us how he caught a girl cheating on it
>she had a slip in her socks she would pull inand out during the exam
>she didn't know TAs were sitting all over the room, including behind her and got caught

to put this into perspective:

You have to take an entire year of chem, followed by an entire year of Ochem, followed by an entire year of biochem, followed by an entire year of pharmacology

what an idiot
>>
>>8067776
You are the reason we have to create new material every new semester.
>>
>>8067763
is exercise really the way to go?

college freshmen here and I haven't stepped foot in the gym once. Should I really try to make an effort to use the treadmill for 30mins a day? I feel like this is a pretty reasonable goal that I can make enjoyable with listienng to music.
>>
>>8067776
I do this shit all the time, professors have better things to do than sit there and examine similarities and differences for hundreds of students' worth of assignments. At the very most they'll Google the text and if there's no carbon copy match they'll move on
>>
>>8067780
SO WHY DIDN'T THEY DO IT
THESE SOLUTIONS ARE FROM 2013
TWENTY THIRTEEN
THREE FUCKING YEARS AGO
I'M BITING MY FUCKING NAILS AWAY HERE AND THE ASSIGNMENTS DON'T EVEN GET GRADED FOR TWO FUCKING WEEKS AFTER THE DUE DATE
>>
>>8067763
Thanks, anon.

I'm just worried it may be too late. I'm almost done and I only have a 3.4.
>>
>>8067769
fucking lol

My STEM professors have all used multiple versions of the test, though.
>>
>>8067791
multiple version are just the questions mixed around anon
>>
>>8067720
CMU students copy? Wow
>>
>>8067786
>is exercise really the way to go?
Yes. I neglected my body and health in the first 3 years of uni.
In the 4th year, I felt like shit. Years of not having exercises and unorganized sleeps put my body in a really bad shape.
30 minutes per day helps a lot if you could do it.
>>8067789
3.4/4 ? It's not that low. But if you want to compete then you should find something more to back you up. You can do research with a professor while you're still an undergrad, it can really help.
>>
>>8067786
/fit/izen Chem major here, probably mostly smoke blown in that point, I have experience in college both while lifting and while a Lanklet twink, can't look back and see a distinguishable differance, regardless of how much it makes you feel good to think every aspect of life is better when you're swoll
>>
>>8067791
To be fair if he used multiple tests he would have just had multiple keys on his desk; you could easily figure out which corresponds to which even if they're not marked anyway.
>>
>>8067653
>expelling them for cheating on one thing

really?
>>
>>8067788
kek your TAs and Lecturers are fucking lazy.
>>8067795
It's not like 100% students are highly moral with full integrity anon. MIT students also cheat sometimes.
Sometimes they are just desperate and cheat.
>>
>>8067807
Not him but it depends on the professor; some will just fail you for the test, some will pursue expulsion for a first offense. I personally haven't cheated since community college but the latter is bullshit.
>>
>>8067807
My calculus professor has repeatedly told us if she even caught us looking at a naighbors paper we'll be cited and sent to honor court. So it's not hard to believe what this guys says
>>
>>8067816
>Something catches my attention off to the side
>Glance over
>Get expelled from the school
>>
>>8067687
like people don't steal ideas from each other all the time.

>>8067712
>Four years later it still makes me mad.
you need bigger things to care about mang

So what are you guys thoughts about programming shit in yo' calculator?
>>
>>8067807
do you have any idea what happens to you if you cheat in the bio department of any university? you'll never work in the field after that
>>
>>8067834
Not him but why bio specifically? And is it actually any university or are you just guessing?
>>
>>8067841
well at least the universities in southern california

and it's bio because 1) high pressure related with the major (mostly medicalfags) and 2) a good amount of bio is just knowing information rather than applying it (especially for EEMB and lower div bio classes) so it's more convenient to cheat in bio vs. something like math or physics where even if you had the equations lined up in front of you, it's hard to do well because you have to know how to apply them

because of these, biology departments have bigger problems with cheating and thus punish it more heavily
>>
File: 1462889292146.jpg (18 KB, 383x294) Image search: [Google]
1462889292146.jpg
18 KB, 383x294
>>8067584
Who /toldheadofstudentconduct/ here?

I told them about some smelly arab in one of my math classes. he would sit in the back and be on his phone googling the answers

>mfw would finish the test early, then record him on my way out
>mfw caught him 3 times, getting him kicked out
>mfw that arab was never seen again
feels good man
>>
>>8067845
Are you not afraid that he will bomb your house?
>>
>>8067845
You sound like a massive douche but I can't feel bad for anyone who gets caught cheating twice and still fucking does it after.
>>
>>8067821

Your schools don't have restrictions on calculators? We've got to have a calculator selected from an approved list. All of the approved calculators are complete non programmable for this reason.
>>
>>8067851
tfw using a shitty $8 TI because I keep losing them and don't want to buy anything expensive
>>
>>8067850
How am I a massive douche? I studied my ass off for those exams, and I caught him cheating on 2 midterms and the final. He most likely cheated the first test too.

>>8067849
I am now.

Pic related, a screenshot from the vid proving his phone was on the desk
>>
>>8067858
> How am I a massive douche?

Because you are the type of person who constantly compares his own performance to the performance of other. A self-righteous person who can only derive self worth in relativity
>>
>>8067860
Eh, I'm the one who called him a douche and compare my performance to others constantly
>>
>>8067858
>>8067860
also the type of person who is too stupid to realize he uploaded a thumbnail sized image
>>
>>8067860
I bet if you ever get a relationship, you will let some other guy fuck her because it's not fair that you have imprisoned her
>>
>>8067858
Screenshot for ants etc.
>>
>>8067864
also, of course it's a thumbnail size, I took a screenshot directly of the phone. I wasn't going to upload the entire screenshot
>>8067862
I'm glad you aren't that much cucked then
>>
>>8067865
you got me

cuckolding is tied for #1 on my fetish list. tied with pegging since it's unfair for her to be the only one being penetrated
>>
>>8067584
Impossible.
Cheaters at my uni stick together and know what they do.
70 people will graduate this year by not studying for a day in a 5 years university.They have much better grades than me and are friendly with the professors which means they will land great job.
Get good
>>
>>8067876
Well if you ever get a degree you'll know the satisfaction of earning it fair and having those who cheated expelled. You should add that too.
>>
File: 1461567368991.jpg (72 KB, 956x960) Image search: [Google]
1461567368991.jpg
72 KB, 956x960
>>8067709

CS is probably the trickiest to cheat with.

I got away with it for a whole semester but got caught because I used a snippet of code that would help me store pointers.

I obviously changed the code around but some other meatheads copied the same code. The CS professor, who is also the head of the department found it.

Long story short, I changed majors, got a 0 and never cheated again.

Best thing to happen to me.

CS is garbage anyway.
>>
>>8067851
community College tier yo
lol the ti-84 im using is theirs

>>8067858
>How am I a massive douche?
Because you're a narc.
>>
>>8067845
>>8067858
>>8067865
>>8067874
>>8067884

> literally you
>>
>>8067887
>CS is garbage anyway.
>can't even do CS homework without cheating
topkek m8
>>
>>8067891
>>8067897
Like I said, if you fags knew what it meant to graduate you'd understand.
>>
>>8067899

>spending 12 hours a day in front of a computer, and turning into a code orangutan.

>living.

Choose one weasel.

Also, CS is a garbage major.
>>
lol, why cheat?

you're only fucking yourself in the long run. especially CS. I see kids cheat all the time in the lower level CS courses, and then these same kids struggle with the later ones.
>>
>>8067904

What does it mean asshole?

Because I have have a couple of theories on it as well.
>>
>>8067906
>spending 12 hours a day in front of a computer, and turning into a code orangutan.
I'm actually laughing thinking that somebody could spend that much time on CS assignments. What major did you switch to, Engineering?
>>
>>8067904
>Everybody is either a snitch or a cheater
Great false dichotomy world we live in
>>
>>8067904
yawn.
who cares bro?
do shit for yourself, not to be able to shit on others.
>>
>>8067906
>sour grapes
It's okay anon. Just admit that you couldn't handle CS.
>>
>>8067912

I'm talking about a career in it dingus. I have plenty of friends in the industry.

The homework was just repetitive and convoluted.
>>
>>8067911
>>8067913
>>8067914
I worked for my degree by myself without cheating. Not calling everyone a cheater, just saying that if you guys even knew the feeling of graduating (which i'm sure you guys don't since everyone on /sci/ is still in college), you'd know the great feeling of doing it without cheating.
>>
>>8067912
If he couldn't handle CS, what makes you think he would be able to handle engineering?

Dude is probably in finance or IT or something now...
>>
>>8067917
>I'm talking about a career in it dingus.
I'm aware.
>I have plenty of friends in the industry.
They must be shit if they haven't moved up to management.
>The homework was just repetitive and convoluted.
Maybe you just went to a shit school, my homework was neither of those things.
>>
>>8067919
How many times did you tip your fedora while typing this?
>>
>>8067920
Yeah, at my school at least, there's definitely a lot more EE -> CS than CS -> EE
>>
>>8067916

You know cognitive dissonance only truly applies if you know that person feels like they really want to obtain that object.

I'm glad I realized it's garbage. Why are you so regretful anon?
>>
>>8067924
How do you think I typed this? I pressed each key with each tip
>>
>>8067922

>projecting this hard.

That's kinda pathetic.
>>
>>8067904
> Aristotelian Graduation Model
> Galilean Theory Graduation
> Newtonian Theory Graduation
> General Theory of Graduation

suicide is an option you pretentious cunt
>>
>>8067919
>even knew the feeling of graduating
meh. got an associates in medical massage therapy, going to a traditional school now because fuck it.
granted- i didn't need to cheat, the hardest thing being A&P, although I'm sure some kids did: you can be dumb as rocks and still be an MT.
they're working in the field, im not.
meh.
>>
>>8067919
i have an undergraduate degree and didn't cheat

i still think you're a twat
>>
You do realize graduating is just a fucking formality now days.

It's literally a fucking scam that are perpetuated by the same sour suckers.

True universities don't make you go broke for the next half of your life.

This
>Feel good feeling
is utter bullshit, you are not there to "feel good", you are there to be prepared for a career. Yet we get sucked in on what a degree represents.

So many people on this board need to get their head that have been stucked in their ass since undergrad.
>>
>>8067931
>>8067935
>>8067941
>/sci/ promotes cheating
Seriously this surprises me. Guessing cheating is a way of life to you guys. I wouldn't know like I said, I work hard and get what I deserve.
>>
>>8067943
Well sucks for you that you didn't get accepted to college, or had to take out loans. Sorry anon.
>>
>>8067945
>I walked 20 miles through broken glass uphill with no shoes to school every day and loved every second of it
>>
>>8067945

Cheating is a form of adapting to our changing society.

Why would this surprise you?

Are you naive?
>>
>>8067945
holy shit
apathy != promotion
work on yourself, who gives a fuck about others?
>>
>>8067943
lol, maybe English majors, but most STEM graduates are able to pay their debts back in a reasonable amount of time
>>
>>8067950
this is what cheaters actually tell themselves. this is what they actually believe.
>>
>>8067945
>>/sci/ promotes cheating
This shouldn't surprise you. You don't have to spend long on /sci/ to realize that there are worthless people here too, anon.

Treat it as a reminder that -this- is what you're fighting against when you bust them.
>>
>>8067945
> trying this desperately to save face

> strawman
> false cause
> appeal to emotion

learn some rhetorical theory next time before you choke to death on your own saliva
>>
>>8067919
>>8067945
You still have a bullshit argument for spending so much time just to bust another student for cheating.

If you think that your degree is being devalued by other students passing by cheating, then your school has so many institutional problems with the way it enforces academic honesty, your degree is worthless anyway.

The only other reason why you want to get the other kid busted is because you only feel that your work has value when it's being compared to the other people in your class. If you gave a shit about learning and not trying to 'one-up' other people, you wouldn't even be concerned with how anyone else in your class is doing.

To me, it sounds like you don't have any passion for what you're learning, and you're only in on it for the pat on the back. In other words, you're a brown-nosing, kiss-ass narc.
>>
>>8067945

You have a very childish outlook on life.
>>
>>8067958

>biology is a delusion

hooo leee shiieeet kek.

It's literal practice of adaption no matter how you look at it.

Stay deluded fagcake
>>
>>8067947
>was rewarded for my hard work by having 3 job offers and admission to my universities PhD program following the semester I graduated if I wanted to continue my education
Nah son
>>8067950
Anon >>8067958 said it best

>>8067955
If you don't give a shit about others, then why do you give a shit that I told on that other student? I gave a shit because he was going to cheat his way through other tests as well. Maybe now he learned his lesson
>protip: he didn't

>>8067960
>>8067962
Sorry for not taking those shitty philosophy classes and learning all those fucking arguments. You can claim I'm arguing, but really just letting you guys know I'm not trying to change you guys, just letting you know that I felt good for not being a cheater like you guys.

>it sounds like you don't have any passion for what you're learning
Nah, math was and is the best thing that ever happened to me.
>>
>>8067972

Hate to break it to you, but no one plays fair in reality.

I'm not even stating an argument, it's a claim. see >>8067969
>>
>>8067972
>Sorry for not taking those shitty philosophy classes and learning all those fucking arguments

Are you sure you're a college graduate? Using basic logic does not mean that I'm wasting my time on a four-year philosophy degree. I'm an engineering student.

>just letting you know that I felt good for not being a cheater like you guys

The irony is that, bar none, the people responding to you have never cheated. They don't like you because they can tell that you're an asshole, not because you're opposed to cheating.
>>
>>8067972
>then why do you give a shit that I told on that other student?
I've spent a lot of time in the hood.
ergo
Appeal to authority is a bitch move.

do what thou wilt anon.
bubba might still fuck your face with a shank.
>>
>>8067977

Also this.

If you guys can't even use logic, how do you even use creativity in a productive way?

Sad.
>>
>doing lab reports
>putting a lot of effort into producing a quality report
>lab partner contacts me
>says he'll finish the lab reports and turn them in
>we have to submit separate reports, so we agree that I'll keep doing what I'm doing - writing the "hard" parts, then I'll let him do the "easy" parts, paraphrase, and reformat the report
>seems like a good deal, but I should've known better
>fast forward to the end of the semester
>see him one day after the labs are over, I'm about to go check the grades on the reports
>he's acting awkward, unengaged, and just really seems like he doesn't want to talk to me
>blow it off, thinking its nothing
>get my hands on my reports, grades are on the last page
>looking over the work, see that there is no problem or marks over my sections
>get to the parts he was supposed to do
>Each part is literally one paragraph (a one paragraph conclusion, wtf negro?)
>grammar is awful, there is shit for any scientific reasoning and explanations
>parts are full of red marks
>dude didn't even reformat the reports
>get to the last page, says 0% - copied
>mfw every lab report is like this
>mfw no face for my face

tl;dr : If you want anything done the right way, do it your fucking self. I should've known better, but sometimes you have to learn the hard way
>>
>>8067720
Want to go to grad school there for CS. Any tips for grad app?
>>
seems like a big chunk of students are cheating, another big chunk of students are popping adderall and pulling all-nighters to cram for these exams, and you have a select few "honest" students.

most courses nowadays

something is wrong here
>>
>>8067977
>the people responding to you have never cheated
Really? Seems like I struck a nerve when letting them know that I actually got a degree without cheating. Like they're jealous or mad that I would rat them out.

I would do it again. :)

>>8067979
>ergo
stop reading right there. Tip yourself a goodnight.
>>8067980
>>8067977
>learning all those types of arguments
>all those
Yeah, those don't seem like basic logic anymore rather very specific types or arguemtns (which, are based off logic). That's what I was referring to, not the logic itself.

>>8067992
Yeah I was actually surprised how many people would buy adderall in college and take it like a vitamin
>>
>>8067992
How the fuck is using addy not "honest"? Is having energy and being able to focus on work somehow cheating?
>>
>>8067994
>Really? Seems like I struck a nerve when letting them know that I actually got a degree without cheating. Like they're jealous or mad that I would rat them out.

So, let me paraphrase what you're actually saying here:
>u mad bro?

Again, are you really a college graduate?
>>
>>8068001

For the same reason Sports players are dishonest when they pop for performance enhancing drugs.

Again, this is why this entire discussion is retarded.

Cheating is an offense against chivalry which some moral fags on here still believe.

Don't worry though, they will learn later in their life.
>>
>>8068001
No, it's not cheating. and I didn't mean to imply that using adderall is "not honest". I was pointing out an observation that an increasing number of students nowadays are using it for all night cram sessions before an exam. It shouldn't be like that.
>>
>>8068011

> It shouldn't be like that.

So subjective.
>>
>>8068003
No I was just simply saying that you guys are getting way too into me saying that I don't cheat and report cheaters. There is no other reason why someone would be so furious on me doing the right thing.
>>8068010
Eh, I wouldn't go that far, I was just saying that there is a surprising amount of people doing it so casually. Kind of like this anon >>8068011
>>
>>8068012
If a thief steals your wallet at gunpoint, many would say it's wrong, but somewhere out there someone will claim it was for his best since he needed food or he needed the money more than you for his dying cancer children. Simply subjective bro! You don't know his life! You're privileged!
>>
>>8068012
You don't see anything wrong when many students have to pull all night cram sessions to pass these classes? It's a test on who can memorize and cram the most knowledge into their heads!

Guaranteed most of that shit will not be remembered after the exam is over.
>>
Remember people there are no rules in life.
You can cheat all you want because you have to or simply because you can and there is nothing wrong with it.
Rules apply if you get caught.
So don't get caught(or if you do make sure you got your back covered and have someone protect our ass)
>>
>>8068015

>This is what prey actually believe.

LOL, go back to eating your tree branches.

Don't worry, everything is fine.
>>
>>8068021

I'm a Sexual Tyrannosaurus.

Stay the fuck out of my way.
>>
>>8068020
too bad that arab guy got caught and expelled :^)
>>
>>8068020
Remind me never to make the mistake of being your friend.
>>
>>8067887
Why didn't you just use references? I mean... you're allowed to use other people's stuff as long as you give them credit
>>
>>8067979
>I've spent a lot of time in the hood.
>ergo
>Appeal to authority is a bitch move.
>do what thou wilt anon.
>bubba might still fuck your face with a shank.
A university isn't "the hood", a prison, or a high school.

Cheaters who are caught just fold; they don't double down and risk a fucking prison sentence.
>>
>>8068020
>So don't get caught
You're eventually going to get caught, and when you do, it won't be pretty.
>>
>>8068041

>More scared prey
>>
>>8068045

It wasn't allowed.
>>
>>8067906
Better than turning into a math teacher.
>>
>>8068050

Cheating all the way through university is dumb.

Cheating to become more efficient while understanding the material is smart.

There is a difference.

It's like eating chocolate cake, don't over do it.
>>
>>8068052
nice edge.
>>
>>8068061

Reality is pretty sharp, grazer.
>>
>>8068065
lol I'm posting this on /r/cringe :^)
>>
>>8068050
It depends.
Ive seen people get caught on multiple occasions and nothing happened to them for reasons I wont get into.On one occasion the entire class was punished by failing and taking new exam which was fine by everyone because by the time the new exam came around the acquired the questions.
>>
>>8068067
>they acquired*
>>
>>8068065
>tip
>>
>>8068067

Sometimes cheating is needed for time management.

Sometimes cheating can be beneficial.

Cheating is just a tool in your arsenal, a powerful and dark tool.

How you use it is up to you.
>>
>>8067986
I had a similar experience.

>3 people were assigned to write a paper
>nothing special 20 pages on radio-diagnostic imaging and image transformation
>tell them at the start of the semester "let's do this quickly, let's not leave it for the last minute"
>ok ok, chill dude
>entire semester goes by
>in a few days time we need to present it
>ok guys, can you send me your parts? I'll make them whole and do the PowerPoint presentation
>literally hours goes by
>days
>Oh sorry anon we don't have it anon
>YOU FUCKING WHAT.jpg
>entire assignment was my 10 pages and my part of presentation
>to top it of I was alone at the day of presentation
>literally niggers
>got shit passable grade

And from that day onward I decided not to trust people
>>
>>8068060
Oh yes, of course, grades are stupid, it's the knowledge that counts. I thought you were one of those people who cheats just to get an A.
>>
>>8068080
Uh yeah you should have followed up, more than once. Learn from your mistake.
>>
>>8067584
>cheat on every exam I have ever taken
>phone
>write on desk
>peak at others
>when walking to front to get exam, memorize the answers as I walk by "abbacd"

>lots of mnemonics
i know this isn't cheating, but it feels like it is being able to memorize a list of 20 definitions

>get test back
>see an answer marked wrong
>erase and change to correct
>teacher asks if he made any mistakes
>raise hand

I got caught once but he just warned me, "dont let your eyes wander anon" in front of the class.
I honestly don't know how people get in trouble cheating.
>>
>>8068093
He should of told the professor that his group was incompetent.
>>
File: Bq6PF7YIEAAIrkj[1].jpg (21 KB, 565x336) Image search: [Google]
Bq6PF7YIEAAIrkj[1].jpg
21 KB, 565x336
>be in Gen Chem
>dude and his gf would talk loudly in lecture and fuck around in lab
>rarely would finish any lab experiment
>would always leave early
>blatantly talked about getting the data from other people
>didn't even show up to the final
>next semester
>he's in my Diff EQ class for the first two meetings
>never see him in that class again until the first test
>didn't show up for the second test
>go to Diff EQ office hours
>he's literally eating lunch with the professor

I can't prove that this dude at my school is cheating but his behavior and relationships with some members of the faculty makes me suspect that something is up. Or maybe he's a tutor auditing classes, but an unethical one.
>>
>>8068108
>had the exact same situation in highschool
>did this
>was picked on for the rest of the year
wew
>>
>>8068108
What he should do is accept personal responsibility. It doesn't matter what the other people did wrong, what's important for him to understand is what he did wrong.
>>
>>8068110
>I can't prove that this dude at my school is cheating
I bet $100 that the professor is giving him the questions.
Any takers?
Source
I study in eastern europe this kind of behavior is practically standard.
>>
>>8067584
>Intro to Bio class
>Final project is to a research presentation on a topic of your choosing that's related to biology
>Black kid steals a powerpoint off google the day of presentations
>It's really fucking obvious he didn't make it, there's barely information with lots of animations, graphics, and music
>He got a 0 for his project
>>
>>8068066
Unless you somehow make it into a video (of 2+ people) it'll just get deleted hombre.
>>
>>8068112
Who cares. They picked on you for dumb reasons. Dumb people.
>>8068114
The group was assigned. Your mother yell at you for forgetting to take the trash out or something? "YOU DIDNT REMIND ME"
>>
>>8068020
Go ahead and put all your work into cheating.
You'll be fucked once you graduate and actually have to work in the field you know nothing about.
>>
>>8068114
They are 20+ years grown ass people if you can't do your part in a half a year it's not my fucking problem
>>
>>8068128
>You'll be fucked once you graduate and actually have to work in the field you know nothing about.
hhahahahahahahhahahah

>get at interview
>whoa anon nice grades at nice uni
>you are hired dude
>learn the routine in the first two months
>just do what everyone else does
>300K starting
you naive bruh
Everyone cheats if you think otherwise you are a mule.
>>
>>8068114
INB4 "in the real world..."

In the real world if people do literally nothing they get fired, and you don't have to work with them any more.
>>
>>8068136

in the real world people can literally do nothing and get away with it.

you naive bruh?
>>
>>8067584
>Be me studying physics
>Tutors don't care if you copy your homework since all that matters is that you pass the exam.
>You're even allowed to use hand-written notes.
>Still 25-40% failure rate.

Technically cheaters are being busted since you can't pass these exams by cheating.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>8068135
>being proud of being an unethical edgelord
>>
>>8067617
Me too mate, got all through undergrad physics whilst applying the Solution Manual operator.
>>
>>8068150
It's not 2005. Edge-shaming won't work moralfag.
>>
>>8068020
Nietzschian asshole.
>>
>>8067671
>Calc 1
>in college
Holy fuck just kill yourself.
>>
>>8068286
More Stirnerian.
>>
>>8068286

more like randnism. But, it's a jungle out there.
>>
>tfw cheated homework for entire math undergraduate degree
>tfw university discovered cheating senior year and wanted to remove all my classes for the past 4 years as punishment
>convinced them not to
>>
>>8067807

Plagiarism is no joke
>>
>>8068303

How did you convince them?

And how much dick did you have to suck to get out of that one?
>>
>>8068338
It was a horrible experience. I go to an ivy league school and they take it extremely seriously.

They ended up giving me a non-imposed suspension, which is like having a suspension on your record, but thankfully not on the transcript, "in the past" so I never actually have to stop taking classes but have a very bad blemish on my record. No ivy league grad school. But I intend to get a job out of college anyway.

There was a lot of apologizing and a lot of work and stress for a few months while they deliberated what to do. Hopefully it's all in the past now though.

I did learn the material. Honestly. I earned my degree and I would NEVER have cheated on a test. But I fucked up by googling the answers to homework questions and I know it.
>>
>>8068338
I had 3 experiences with professors dealing with students cheating in my time.

The first professor just failed me in the course. No more words about it, no punishment, just an F to send a clear message.

The second professor threw a fucking tantrum saying this was "the most serious case he's ever seen" and I would "be lucky not to be expelled" and should rethink my life and everything. He was furious how by looking up the answer to one proof on a homework I had insulted his entire professorship and the university and he advocated to expel me.

The third professor sent an ominous email to the class saying that the entire class had cheated. He then told us at the next class that he was going to restructure his entire course to disencourage cheating and wasn't going to get anyone in trouble this time, but would make his office hours 24/7 and make his homework worth almost nothing and change the way he teaches and everything to prevent cheating from occurring again. He said that to be honest, he had looked up answers as an undergraduate and so had all the TAs at some point so he understood why we did it. He was absolutely excellent and I never looked up an answer online for homework after the lecture he gave that day.

The third professor taught me a lot and I felt like I understood and he understood where we were coming from. The second professor became unprofessional about it and I know I deserve the punishment from the first professor.
>>
File: Femme Fedora.jpg (758 KB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
Femme Fedora.jpg
758 KB, 1936x2592
>>8068303
>>8068350
how could they even discover this?

What were you working on??
>>
>>8068135
Yea I can see your point, at least for me I'd end up becoming a drone and hating my job.

side note:
>Chem major, doing CS elective
>get assignment (converting Roman numerals to standard/ascii numbers)
>should be easy peasy
>day assignments due in lecture
>lecturer has looked over code and says around 20 people have plagiarized
>opportunity to redo before day is out and pass

I followed up later and around 5 people failed from this, a few guys I talked to were in my class. Honestly such uninteresting people, minimum amount of time in class and literally unable to communicate anything. Saw one dude in Ochem who failed that, made me larf
>>
>>8068303
How did they find out? Did you just straight up copy shit from online verbatim? Also how did you convince them not to?
>>
>>8068358
Well in one case, topology. Another analysis, and the third was in abstract algebra.

They discover it because for any given topic in a standard graduate topology or analysis course, there's a "canon" of practice questions, so to speak, that everyone learning this topic across the country, has to do, more or less.

So if you google a typical homework question, 4 or 5 google results might pop up with the answer. Now I never copied word for word, but there were times when I didn't understand the concepts at all and needed to turn in the work on time, so I changed around words, changed variables, or tried to paraphrase the parts I did understand.

But the bottom line is that I had looked online, and eventually, after all my hundreds of cases of this, one or two were bound to be similar enough to what's online that they would detect it. That's how.

Almost every time this happens though, it's because another student ALSO happened to use the same online answer and magically two students answers were the same or had the same mistake (bound to happen if in a given class 2 students always check their answers online), so both students get caught.

But once you do it, and if the work happens to be worth a LOT of the grade because it's too hard to sufficiently test knowledge of something like algebraic topology with any kind of in-class exam, you get paranoid that even though you think your proof is right, it might have mistakes, so you check online "just in case" and it becomes a habit.
>>
>>8068362
How did he fail Ochem? I found it easier than any other chemistry class I took (especially Pchem, that sucked).
>>
>>8068372
he was just an idiot, never went to lectures. In labs he was always taking aqueous layers instead of the organic. His NMR spectra were off so bad, one time instead of using chloroform as a solvent for what ever organic acid he had he diluted with god knows what and just fucked it completely.
>>
>>8068366
Here: >>8068367
My university judged the punishment with my "life circumstances" in mind and I had a lot of things going on.

A real suspension or worse would have destroyed my spouse's immigration case and ruined my life in many other ways. I made cases and pleas like this and also discussed how asking for help in a problem online being forbidden was a bit confusing when we as students were told every class to ask each other for help anyway. Things like this. It was a process that took months and it was horribly stressful for me never knowing if I would be expelled and everything.

Well I certainly learned painfully never to do this again.

Since then, if I really have not been able to complete a math assignment on time, I just do my best on what I have done and accept the lower score. Fuck risking my marriage for a few extra grade points ever again.
>>
>>8068367
That sounds messed up. There are generally only so many ways to prove something, especially if the question is based on the definition of something (like determining if something is a group, ring, vector space, etc. for instance). It seems like they would 'catch' way too many people who aren't actually cheating that way. I could see if this was the case on a test, but a lot of people probably assume that because you can use the textbook and notes on homework using an online source (provided you aren't just copying it without understanding it) would be fine.
>>
>>8068377
Oh man, that sucks.

>>8068378
That sounds terrible. I saw your comment after commenting. That just sounds like it would be hard to prove someone was cheating as long as they weren't just copying stuff from online verbatim. It sounds like the professor might have just been trying to make an example of you.
>>
>>8068384
A lot of people, including my advisor, had mixed feelings about whether I had really cheated. But the "second professor" referenced here: >>8068355
was throwing a fit and blew the whole thing into a huge deal.

I knew I was wrong and I wrote an apology letter confessing and everything immediately as soon as they contacted me, so I never pleaded otherwise, just stressed that I had horrible judgment and had never been so remorseful and knew that I had disrespected the university by doing so, and that's why they were a bit nicer on punishing me.

>>8068389
I was an example though.

He also told me to drop his course (this was in the first 2 weeks of school) so I did.

But while walking down the hall a week later, I happened to overhear a TA telling a class that "a student has been kicked out for having cheated his way through the whole major" and she was undeniably referring to me. I just happened to overhear it and listened to it. And the math department head called me a "disaster" and that whole time was just bad.
>>
>>8067763
thanks bro
>>
>>8067943
>don't make you go broke

Damn, I sure love living in Europe and getting 700€ a month and all As when I hardly attend.
>>
>>8068355
>and make his homework worth almost nothing
This is how it is for me in pretty much all of my classes, the final test is just 80%+ of your final grade. I wouldn't even know how to cheat.
There are a few classes of course in which assignments make up a lot of the grade but they tend to ask you to write report, code, things like that. Atleast it won't be standard textbook questions that you can just look up the answer to. Can still copy from others in your class of course.
>>
I once got an angry e-mail from my former course director because I've put my assignments online after I got my marks. Two years later students attending the same course found them and half the course turned in copies of one of my assignments.

I told him he should change his assignments.
>>
>>8068407
Good.

My programming class says the same thing, that we can't put our assignments online even after we graduate. But I've adapted some of them and I'm proud of my work. If they're really so worried they should write some new assignments.
>>
>>8068403
This is how it was in my high school actually, and it was excellent. Now suddenly I get to college and I have math teachers actually checking math homework and grading it based on how correct it is. Feels like my high school teachers were more professional and actually cared about us learning the material while most of the college professors couldn't care less.
>>
File: 1435081631875.png (86 KB, 268x309) Image search: [Google]
1435081631875.png
86 KB, 268x309
>>8068407
>I told him he should change his assignments.
Someone give this man a pussy.
>>
>>8068407

hahaah you fucked up his gravy train.

Professors are usually fucking lazy, pretentious assholes.
>>
>>8068391
That sounds terrible. The second professor sounds like a cunt. It was also pretty unprofessional for a TA to bee talking about it. I'm guessing you were able to graduate and get a job? The third professor sounds a decent guy, but I don't really know that making most of the class based on test grades is a good idea for upper level mathematics because you can't really communicate what you know that well.
>>
>>8067943
>americucks
>>
>>8067788
why, it should be new to you regardless. youre cheating yourself
>>
>>8067807
Why the fuck would you even go to uni if all you're going to do is cheat? You don't *have* to be there you know. Plagiarism is fucking serious, only a child would not understand this.
>>
>>8068505
>Why the fuck would you even go to uni if all you're going to do is cheat?
Get a degree
> You don't *have* to be there you know.
If you want a decent job, you do
> Plagiarism is fucking serious, only a child would not understand this.
it really isn't.
>>
>>8068513
>Get a degree
Worthless if you don't know shit.
>If you want a decent job, you do
You won't get a decent job if you cheat. The interviewers at these companies catch on pretty quick whether you know your shit or not. Or did you think you could just send an email and then you'll be hired? Dumb ass.
>it really isn't.
Yes it is.

You're one stupid ass motherfucker.
>>
>be a filthy subhuman Political Science major
>people plagiarize essays in shitty feminism pre-law courses
>they get caught and kicked out
>go into the sub-field I want (Int'l Relations [there's a lot of statistical analysis here, /sci/! Don't denigrate me!])
>zero (0) black people
>nobody cheats
>nobody copies shit
>badass professor spends a third of each lecture talking about getting shot at in various places around the world because she keeps getting called in as a wartime advisor on account of being a security specialist
>had to cancel class for two weeks because she got tapped to go to Ukraine when that was blowing up
>came back, talked about getting shot at some more
>learned more from 66% of that professor's lecture than 200% of any other prof's lectures
>>
>>8068403

My grade is entirely based on one set of exams at the end of the year, as well as a minor contribution from labs and projects.

My homework is checked and I hand it in but this is only to discuss it and I'm not graded on it.

I try to do my homework myself for learning's sake, but I don't really have time to agonize for hours over every problem I can't figure out and at that point there isn't too much difference between looking up the answer and having it explained to me.

Although I did feel slightly bad when I found the answers to the course problem sheets online.
>>
This thread has given me some serious pause about some of my study habits. I try and only get the barest hint sometimes of where to begin, and I try and work out as much of each problem as I can, but sometimes that little hint is just so easy to find online.. and sometimes if I'm running particularly late.. well the whole solution is there. These are physics problems, and they're tough sometimes.

I know the correct way to do things is tackle the hw, get your questions together and bring those to the prof. or the grad students. But to do that, you have to be starting your hw as soon as you get it, which just doesn't seem possible sometimes.

I mean, if you get help from the professor, or from grad students.. it's like almost the same as googling it, right? Yeah.. I know it isn't. It's a bad habit that's very easy to slip into. So far I've never been caught but.. yeah it is cheating.
>>
>c++ class for engineers
>there are like 10 retarded indians who all sit in the back
>faggot abdul doesn't even ask me and just plugs his drive into my pc and starts copying my program
>he proceeds to share it with all his fellow indians
>teacher bro was watching
>they all get a fail on the project and suddenly they all dropped the class the next week

Man these middle eastern kids are fucking cancer to engineering
>>
>>8067653
10/10 I came
>>
>>8068578
I'm sorry did someone ask for your opinion? Cause I don't recall anyone in this thread asking for your dumb ass to speak up with the same retarded shit that always dribbles from your flapping lips.

Now gtfo.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8068578
>Indians
>middle eastern
Anon, I think you might be confused.
>>
>>8068592
> I tell who gets to state their opinions and who doesn't.
lmao this buttmad sjwtard. go spread ebola eslewhere retard. you don't belong to a science board.
>>
>>8068592
C'mon dude, if you've ever met one of the Mud People you would know that literally ALL of them are incompetent and completely lacking in any sense of ethics and morals. It's like they're genetically predisposed to immoral, psychopathic behaviour.
>>
>>8067882
Sob* i...its not that people are better than me, i..its all just because they were all cheat..cheating from the start, i'm better than them i'm a good college student, i...i'm an honest boy, someday they'll see, you'll all see.
>>
>>8068617
Yeah sure, I'm mad. Furious even. But you're just a piece of slime, and everyone on this board knows it.

So maybe this ain't the board for you, get it?
>>
>>8068592
Pajeet please.
>>
>>8068633
> everyone on this board knows it
Nobody here stands with you mudslime. now stop shitting on the streets and beaches and fuck off.
>>
>>8068592
Fuck off, street shitter
>>
>every midterm for Calc 3
>2 black kids in class, first one asks to go to bathroom during exam
>second one asks about 30s to a min later, so both of them are out of the room at the same time
>there is nothing to prevent cheating because our grad student teacher was a too lenient nice guy
>literally every time

Not that I can prove they were cheating, but come on it's a 50min exam there shouldn't even be bathroom breaks allowed, especially not two people at the same time who are friends at that.

Also not cheating, but when I see people ask the professor a question during an exam and the professor can't help but give them some sort of advice I am always a little surprised or annoyed that I'm doing everything myself and taking my mistakes as they are because it's a fucking exam. This is also partially the professor's fault though, really shouldn't be indulging the students that way.
>>
>>8067709
HOLY SHIT A TALKING CAT!!!
>>
>>8068627
I don't have problem with cheater nigger you people have.Stop projecting.
Cheating is ok here if you can pull it off,western people are just starting to realize they can do it to.
>>
>>8068669
>his is also partially the professor's fault though, really shouldn't be indulging the students that way.
You are autistic anon.
Im sorry to break it to you but start networking with your professors(lick their boots)
>>
>>8067807
>tfw rich Saudis get caught cheating constantly but someone gets bribed into not having them expelled

It's pretty disgusting, what goes on at my uni. One of the physics professors was heard screaming in the hallway when he caught some Saudis talking in the bathroom during the final (surprisingly, this was the first instance of cheating in physics all semester). One had turned his in and the other asked to use the bathroom and disappeared for 15 minutes, drawing suspicion.
>>
>>8067748
Because you're right.
If you got anything below an A, it's because you're a pathetic lazy fuck with poor study habits.

Fix. Yourself.
>>
>>8067786
STEM doesn't have time for exercise during undergrad.
Save it for grad school.
>>
>>8067860
>>8067864
>>8067891
>>8067897
Fuck off, kids.
>>
I think there would be less cheating if we stopped treating universities like job training sites.
>>
>>8068513
You won't get a decent job and a degree won't mean shit if you cheat. If you cheat, you're fucking lazy ass stupid motherfucker who noone would want to hire.

You think degrees matter? Degrees matter on paper, but as someone who doens't want to hire assholes like you, I don't give a fuck about degrees.

All I care about is if you know your shit and want to hustle hard and work your ass off.
>>
>>8067874
screenshots from phones keep their respective aspect ratio and are upscaled for computer screens you absolute fucking faggot

what kind of god damn motherfucking phone do you have?!?
>>
>>8068384
As someone who has graded courses like the one he's describing, the online solutions are not always correct solutions. They are often riddled with little mistakes or handwave some certain part of a proof, and when multiple people all have this same mistake it's pretty apparent what's going on.
>>
>>8068135
you're so naive

what you're implying is that people will want to pay you for being a drone and doing mundane shit.

the people who ACTUALLY get fucking PAID are people who know their shit and find practical novel solutions to problems that you won't encounter every day. The people getting paid 300k aren't doing the same thing day in and day out like a routine. what the fuck?
>>
>>8068960
Most of the people get nice paycheck for doing the same shit every day.
If you think that everyone is a researcher and that companies will allow you to play with their money you are mistaken.
>>
>>8068535
why do you care if there were zero black people? why is that something you had to point out? what did that add to your story? what the fuck was the point of your story? to talk about cheating? not cheating? that you're a FUCKING POLISCI major? to talk about how cool your professor is?

what the fuck reported
>>
>>8068969
No. Very few companies who are equipped to deal with the modern age pay employees a nice paycheck if the employee is simply doing the same boring mundane shit day in and day out. You have to know your shit and actually create value for your company.

Why would I pay someone a nice paycheck if they're not generating more than that in value to my company?

And I'm considering a nice paycheck nothing less than $100k/year salary.
>>
>>8068294

ignore this post
>>
>in Computer Science
>Literally never wanted to pick this subject
>Teacher says "make a document with more than 2000 words"
>"lol bitch i don't know 2000 words"
>Gets up to 400 words
>Spaces down a few sentences and starts writing random shit
>Turns the random shit text white so it isn't visible
>"Done sir!"

>Currently having a break down cause i'm seriously gonna fail Computer science
>>
>>8068104
>memorize the answers as I walk by "abbacd"
>multiple choice exam
LOL
>>
File: 1329595082948.jpg (15 KB, 334x500) Image search: [Google]
1329595082948.jpg
15 KB, 334x500
>>8068981
Nigger detected.
>>
>>8067584
This drove me nuts. I worked my butt off to master advanced concepts and destroyed everyone including some professors in practical tests. But was constantly hammered by the bloody grading curve as relative to the cheating class I often scored the lowest. Copying last years course work really doesn't help you understand things the way actually doing it does.

In one class I was the only student to not get 100%, yet that same professor was so impressed by my understanding he go persuaded the Dean to grant me a scholarship.

And don't get me started about my high school's valedictorian group.

>>8067820
"Stalker Woman" was the first thing that came to mind
>>
>>8067807
>cheating on one thing
if you're cheating so hard that you get caught, I guarantee you have cheated/would have cheated on many more things
>>
>>8068538
>Although I did feel slightly bad when I found the answers to the course problem sheets online.
I usually get pissed if there are no solution sets because how else am I going to check if my answers are correct? Profs should always supply answers to the homework (after the deadline if it's something you need to hand in) so you can actually learn from your mistakes.
>>
>>8068592
Holy shit, how can one person be this salty?
>>
>>8068592
POO in LOO
>>
My adviser supervised the freshman level labs and the TA's would report suspected cheating to her. Best story was some dude found the answer key online, printed it out, put his name on it and actually handed it in just like that. We laughed about that one for a while.
>>
>>8068981
Black people are seen as "bad" by other races now, for two reasons:
>The ghetto shit
>They are different
Normally, the hate between races is at a low level, i.e:"what the hell is that gook doing", "hue, hue look at that whitey boy", "holy shit you are too black, faggot", "look at that shitskin". This level involves a variable level of social discrimination and higher/lower job opportunities.

"Culture" means social knowledge and behavior. Complexes, fears, ideology and ambitions are shared between fathers and sons, and neighbours.
There are some relative "degenerate" aspects of every culture which make them seen as "inferior" or "bad".

Nevertheless, there are well-known heedless and harmful behaviors of every culture which damage the actual connivance between the dominant culture and the secondary culture.
A great example of this kind of degenerate culture, is the ghetto.

Latin-americans: Raids and groups
South-americans: Racial discrimination towards natives and blacks
Chinese: High sexual discrimination towards women

Some small American countries have far more cultural problems than some big countries such as Germany or France.
>>
>this thread
Fuck, paraphrasing shit you find online isn't good enough? My uni lied to me.
>>
File: 1379186991297.jpg (175 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
1379186991297.jpg
175 KB, 1000x1414
Not really cheating but,

>Given short multiple choice exam in lab class
>Got wasted all weekend and didn't study
>Notice it's not negatively marked
>Answer all questions as false
>73% grade

Here's a another top tip, on the first day of the academic year, download all the files that are available to you that have been left up from the previous year. If possible, and you have access, also download all the files from the following year e.g. if you are friends with someone who is in the year above you.

Often they leave the coursework answers up for stuff that gets repeated.
>>
>>8069137
You still have to credit the person who actually came up with the idea you stole.
>>
I don't get this shit.

Are grades in the US determined by fucking homework? Doesn't seem like a big deal to google homework, when that will only get you more rekt on the exam.
>>
I was never the type of person to cheat, but I started using addy for finals week second half of freshman year. Still wonder if it even made a difference
>>
>>8068592
>DESIGNATED
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 400x300
>ochem II exam: 99% braindead rote memorization test
>black kid in full sweats and hoodie sitting diagonally one seat in front of me, i can fully see his lap and his obvious meaty bulge
>takes out his phone and leans over his desk pretending hes asleep, looking down at his crotch
>has most absurd sitting posture of all time, looks likes hes having some kind of seizure with his head ducked and his arms stretched out and bent at 90 degree angles to shield the phone
>proctors everywhere, pooinloo professor patrolling
>kid cheats off phone for 20 minutes straight, occasionally ducks head up and looks around like pariscope, then dives back into sweater and limbs
>i get tired of waiting for him to be caught and start making full eye contact with the TA's and then pointedly look over to black kid who is still scrolling like mad thru his phone
>5 minutes passes as 3 TAs surround him like sharks watching him from all angles, hes not even checking to see if its safe anymore
>bagginess of his sweater and his lanky limbs shields the phone from their view, he occasionally looks up at test and writes something as if it struck him by inspiration
>5 mins later professor comes over and kid sees him, immediately hunches over like hes constipated, arches his neck to look up, lips agape with mock confusion
>kid starts shuffling around and squirming trying to get his phone inside his hoodie pocket as professor asks him to sit up and show his hands
>kid literally leaves phone on lap, covered partially by sweater and puts his hands on the desk
>professor walks off probably to eat some curry, TA's shrug
>kid goes back to cheating
>hands in his test
>no shits given

>his face when he looks back at me
>>
>>8067709
>Correcting first year programming assignments
>A few of the students put copyright notices all over their code, which always makes me smile
>One time the name on the notice doesn't match the name of the student, confusing me
>The guy copy-pasted another student's work and didn't even have the sense to remove the copyright

Another time I got a program which included text from the bottom of a gmail page, where the guy had copied too much.
>>
>>8067986
>Phys 2 Lab this past semester
>Electricity, Magnetism, Optics, Etc
>Experiments are fun as shit, relevant, and engaging
>Writing the Lab reports is fun because the manuals help you discover new ideas and actually help build a physical foundation for the theory discussed in lecture
>Lab partner is autistic memelord, does 5% of the work for each lab for lack of interest
>Can't write reports because he didn't understand the lab (see above)
>Asks me every single time a report is due to let him see mine
>Tell him no every single time
>I get an A and he gets a D
>Lab is worth 30% of the grade
>Pretty sure he failed because of this

Never give in to degenerate cheaters /sci/
>>
>>8069086
>And don't get me started about my high school's valedictorian group.
Fuck you. Get started. I wanna hear it.
>>
>all these ghetto retards complaining about "snitches"

how about don't go to university if you're going to cheat you goddamn fools

>b-b-but I wanna make a lot of money and not have to learn anything

kill yourself
>>
God /sci/ sucks at cheating. I learned that shit in highschool, grow long hair and learn an obscure language.
>>
>>8068146
Where are you studying?
>>
>>8069148
same shit in UK for physics
20% of the grade is homework and noone gives a shit if you copy it
exam is brutal tho
there are like 50 retirees scouting around and if you look at them funny they give you rektal inspection
>>
>>8068440
teachers were never wrong when they said this
>>
You mean you retards don't put the formulas and shit in your TI calculator?

lmfao If you actually bother to remember all that obscure shit you'll never need to use again.

Fuck me if I'm gonna remember the derivitive of and arccos function
>>
>>8068080
You should've explained the situation to your professor. They might be sympathetic and help you out. Numerous times I've been grouped with lazy, useless people and aced the projects while my teammates failed or barely passed, because I talked to the professor and showed that I did my part.
>>
>>8069569
Yeah like professors actually let you use graphing calculators on exams. Unless you are taking a class for retards or something non-math then I doubt it'll be allowed.
>>
>>8067584
Just had one in the class I TA for. >Noticed a lot of people have similar code
>try desperately to find some kind of proof that it is plagiarism.
>find that all of the dates at the top of the page are from like 2014 or some shit when it was due this semester.
>prof calls them in back and terrifies every single person into confessing.
It feels even better when it's the students who are jackasses during class that get caught cheating.
>>
>>8067786

Exercise helps but you don't necessarily have to go to the gym. Just getting your heart rate is a good start. Walk home instead of taking the bus, take walks if you're stuck on a problem, ride your bike to school, dance to music even if it's just shuffling your feet to the rhythm
>>
>>8067795

People cheat in ethics classes. There's no limit.
>>
>be freshman in highschool
>skinny short nerd
>integrated 3 math
>be put in class with all the retarded seniors/juniors
>only freshman in the class
>make friends with guys at my table, talk about WoW, help them understand the math
>never give them answers though
>some mexican kid comes up to me about halfway through the year
>"hey man, i'll pay you if you do my homework"
>"uhh... no." little surprised, never happened to me before
>"come on man, i'll pay you"
>"n-no."
>"well how about I just don't kick your ass then" he starts trying to be imposing
>"n-no" actually getting kind of scared at this point
>he looks mad "well, if you ever get in a fight you better curl up on the ground cause im gonna kick you when your down"
>i just stare at him kind of shocked
>he walks away
>i turn back to the guys at my table, shaking a little
>"Nice bro! If that guy ever messes with you i'll fuck him up" all of them nod
>teacher talks to me after class about how proud he is i stood up to that guy, fucker was watching the whole time and did nothing

hung out with those guys all the time after that, mexican never talked to me again
i think he got expelled or dropped out some time later, stopped coming to that class about halfway through the second semester
>>
>>8069638
>being scared of a mexican
>>
>>8069638
you must be REALLY short. mexicans are the manlets of North America.

should've taken his money and reported him lol
>>
>>8067748
>genetics
>calc I
i think you're safe, anon
>>
>>8069604
Let's keep this thread on topic please. It's about RACE and RACIAL DIFFERENCES.

Proceed.
>>
>>8068592
LOOOOOPY POOOOOOOPY
>>
>>8068135
>Hey anon, can you brominate this for me? Thanks
>Anon dies
>>
>>8067858
You're a douche because you went out of your way to impede someone's progress when their outcome cannot have any affect on you.
You didn't even get anything out of it.
>>
>>8067919
>haha you youngin's

Ya smug cunt
>>
>>8069670
Biology students who don't suck at math are in high demand for most med schools.
>>
>>8069842
>how dare you help to punish cheaters
fucking cuck
>>
>>8069569
studycards got me a passing grade in calc 2, for real
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.