[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you're in a jet going exactly the speed of sound >you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
>you're in a jet going exactly the speed of sound
>you say "testing"
>your sound is now going twice the speed of sound
explain that one science bitches
>>
>>8067762
>your sound is now going twice the speed of sound
It doesn't. Sound travel through the vibration and propagation between atoms in the air. No matter how fast is your body moving (along with the jet), whenever you speak out, the propagation speed between the atoms do not change.
Think of it as a mosquito flying inside your carpool. Even if you drive your car to move ahead, the mosquito's speed does not change, therefore it will hit the backseats.
It's very similar for when you speak in a jet.
>>
>>8067771
Something tells me you need to brush up on relativity.
>>
>>8067762
>>you're in a jet going exactly the speed of sound
>>you say "testing"
>>your sound is now going twice the speed of sound
>explain that one science bitches
what a piece of stupid idiot

you grab a shitty concept and make the less interesting question possible

the real interesting genius tier question of the superior mind is this:

if one object start travelling at the speed of light in one direction and another into the other dairection

then they just broke relativity

relative speed between two of em TWICE THE SUPPOSEDLY UNBNEATABLE LIMIT OF SPEED

i sometimes think that great physics is constrained by great powers who limit the brains of idiots who love money

only trough free thinking and meditation cna you achieve truth, like, i just broke relativity and im nnot even studying har dsciences
>>
>>8068899
that doesn't break relativity faggot

that just means the two objects are moving away from each other at a rate of 2 times the speed of light per unit of time

as neither object is moving faster than the speed of light individually, relativity wouldn't be broken
>>
>>8068899
This isn't a very good analogy. A better one would be
A sealed container is traveling at the speed of light, and inside the container a light turns on, the light inside the container is still only moving at the speed of light despite the containers velocity.
>>
File: CfHahWIUMAAGq1j.jpg (37 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
CfHahWIUMAAGq1j.jpg
37 KB, 600x324
>>8067771
huh
>>
>>8068904
>everythings is relative
>relativetiyt 101
>doesnt know the basics yet wants to argue with a paradigm breaker

walk on home boy
>>
>>8067762
Relative to the air around it, through which it propagates, it travels at the speed of sound.

I don't know why are you bringing special relativity in this, since Galilean works just fine for a slow moving system like that.
>>
>>8068966
what if the plane was open cockpit and it was travelling through air going the speed of sound backwards
>>
>>8067771
>if you drive your car to move ahead, the mosquito's speed does not change, therefore it will hit the backseats.
Ouch, your retard is hurting me!
>>
>>8068962
I literally just explained how your example ISN'T a paradigm breaker

>still convinced it's actually a paradigm breaker
lol go back to the slums fuccboi
>>
File: burger-king-creeper.jpg (14 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
burger-king-creeper.jpg
14 KB, 300x225
>>8068904
>the two objects are moving away from each other at a rate of 2 times the speed of light per unit of time
>>
>>8068988
i literally just u failed to unmderstand the basics

not going and right now right now commiting suicidal

all of my has
>>
>>8067784
Sound does not travel anywhere near fast enough for relativistic effects to come into play.
>>8068984
I believe that he meant to type "otherwise" instead of "therefore."
>>
>>8067762
What if you blow so hard the jet stops?
>>
>>8069014
Bruh, he's talking about Galilean relativity
>>
>>8069145
maybe you could ask your mom

because she blew so hard that

my semen stopped

in the bottom of her throat
cause she was giving me oral sex cause shes a slut which implies youre son to a slut
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.