[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a theory on what could cause gravity that may go against
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1454394403433.jpg (71 KB, 516x418) Image search: [Google]
1454394403433.jpg
71 KB, 516x418
I have a theory on what could cause gravity that may go against popular science and I was wondering what people may think about it.

Gravity is caused by the sun. It is a condensed ball of molecules that has a reaction happening that need to be fed. It does not burn like a fire because it is an intense chemical reaction, but like a fire it needs to be fed to continue "burning". It pulls matter, including planets, towards it, and as these planets are pulled towards it it is spiraled around the sun, sort of like a toilet flushing. The sun pulls these planets towards it and as they travel towards the sun in a spiral they have a gravity created on them, much like an increase of gravity when you are spun around at a high speed on a park ride or on a astronaut g-force training machine. The gravity of the earth that is created by the sun can also spiral objects towards it, which results in the moon that spirals around the earth (but will eventually will be caught in an orbit and will stay at all times in one part of the earth. Look it up). Perhaps what will happen to the moon will happen to the planets as well, who knows. But this is just a theory that came to my head and that I was wondering what other people thought about.
>>
So then why do planets have moons? CHECKMATE ATHEISTS!
>>
>>8060248
Please be kidding

But in case you're not, /saged
Also, planets don't spiral towards the sun, they fall towards it, the spinning comes from them already having tangent velocity. The sun's reaction is not chemical, its fusion. The whole "sun's gravity create's the earth's gravity" thing doesn't make any sense.
>>
Ever stopped to think about it through?
God, we get these kinds of stoner theories all the time. People need to start considering how real physics work, at least read some introductory textbooks, rather than rely in mere intuition.
I mean, seriously, if you're going to theorize at least try and have it make sense.
>The sun needs matter to feed it so it pulls it from the environment
By virtue of what principle exactly? The issue is how come gravity exists as a large scale phenomenon with such a weak force, as in particles interacting in space with no inherent connection between each other (spooky action not whitstanding). Not like the sun is a conscious entity that says "hey I need food, come to me planeeeets!"
>>
>>8060248
>>>/x/
>>
>telling us to look up tidal forces, as if we don't know what they are
>>
My understanding is that the sun any everything else are attracting each other, like magnets. Also everything is magnetic to some degree.

The reason we are cycling around the sun is that other planets and stars are also affecting us and have done so forever and eventually forced us to circle the sun, same with the moon.

Also I think everything is being pulled together, put people say that the universe is expanding, which kind of makes sense.

I assume that everything has always been magnetically been pulled together, and eventually everything has actually been together, and as some physics laws state, all forces have an equal counter force, the force of everything being forced together eventually backfired (big bang).

I guess black holes are some extremely magnetic objects that pull in, probably caused by a few planets and galaxys already being pulled together!
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 640x960
>>8060248
>sun is burning
>spirals
Read a physics book pls. Wikipedia will do it.
>>
File: 1274726613677.png (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1274726613677.png
17 KB, 400x400
>>8060248
>>
>>8060248
This is almost the newtonian theory of gravity: everything is falling into everything else via acceleration proportional to inverse of the square of the distance. The only thing you've done is antropromorphise objects slightly and add the irrelevancy of which reactions are going on. Remove that and you are correct.
>>
>>8060531
Though other masses (planets) may have effects on the Earth, their influence isn't what prevents us from falling into the sun. It is simply Earth's velocity perpendicular to the vector towards the sun. We simply keep missing the sun, because we are falling too fast to the side of it to be able to hit it. Since there is little friction or other masses to slow our trajectory, we don't fall into the sun.
>>
>>8060531
magnet objects...
>facepalm<
>>
File: Reactioning.gif (461 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
Reactioning.gif
461 KB, 500x282
hold me close, /sci/, the darkness is closing in...
>>
>>8060248
>Perhaps what will happen to the moon will happen to the planets as well, who knows.
Well, Earth at least is too far away for it to happen before the death of the sun.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.