[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a decent hologram technique that can create volume with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: pinarviola_hatsunnee3[1].jpg (61 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
pinarviola_hatsunnee3[1].jpg
61 KB, 850x478
Is there a decent hologram technique that can create volume with some technique ? The problem with holograms is that they can only use light that has to be casted on a surface except for mid-air ionization technique which is shit.

Is there a way to block or occlude the light coming in mid-air to fake volume ? What are the latest the most modern hologram techniques ?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoWi10YVmfE

You might like this, OP.
>>
I'm not an expert on the subject by any means so forgive me if there are any flaws in my physics.

That being said I have considered the subject and I have formed a hypothesis that it might be able to create holograms using a technique wherein lasers are scattered at various points in 3d space by way of a non uniform electric field.

The basic idea is that a focused laser grid is projected into a region, and by very very precise manipulation of a magnetic field within that space you can cause the lasers to defocus at chosen points causing light scattering just as if they had reflected off of a solid surface. Obviously the main problem would be precision control of the em field itself. It would be very difficult to get the desired wavelength reflection so color would be a problem, also you would basically have to sculpt the field into the desired shape which might not even be possible to begin with, and even if it is creating fine details would be absurdly difficult. Basically it might work for geometric shapes, but images like a human face might be out of the question
>>
>>7657389
yeah, this is what I meant by ionizing particles in mid-air. Anything with white background and it doesn't work.
>>
>>7657382
project it onto a tube of fog.
>>
>>7657405
Interesting idea
>>
>>7657405
wat
>>
>>7657405
>I'm not an expert on the subject
then why are you commenting on it?
>>
>>7657405
Clever, I had a similar idea but using a single molecule led's and manipulating the em field as opposed to scattered lasers, though your idea is better
>>
>>7657405
>by very very precise manipulation of a magnetic field within that space you can cause the lasers to defocus at chosen points

Right, because light is magnetic...

By what mechanism can a magnetic field cause a laser beam to defocus?
>>
Cubic lcd system, duh.
>>
>>7659887
Well, http://m.phys.org/news/2014-09-defying-physics-magnetic-field.html The physics're easy enough to visualize in my mind, but more info pertinent to the modules would help.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK