[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you support Boaty McBoatface? Can the high ranked egghead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: boaty_mcboatface.jpg (76 KB, 703x540) Image search: [Google]
boaty_mcboatface.jpg
76 KB, 703x540
Do you support Boaty McBoatface?
Can the high ranked egghead in science take jokes?
>>
>>8039938
Who the fuck cares about the name?

They never should have had the survey in the first place, whoever came up with that idea wasn't considering what would happen.

If they wanted to gain public support or whatever they should have given the survey to local elementary schools or something like that, have kids write an essay on what they think the name should be, the kids then tell their parents and it'll be good, some nice name

they should just name it whatever they want, nobody will remember or care in a month
>>
>>8039938

Social media is the downfall of humanity.
>>
>>8040028
Yes, thank you.
>>
> /sci/ - Science & Math

this board is a fucking meme
>>
>>8039938
I'm not actually aware of anyone who'll be on the boat for more than 20 minutes complaining about the name.
>>
>>8040022
I remember when Mountain Dew held a vote for the name of their new flavor.

"Hitler Did Nothing Wrong" won by a landslide.
>>
>Can the high ranked egghead in science take jokes?
given that the spikes on the tails of stegosaurids are called "thagomizers", a growing number of physicists refer to the Big Bang as the "Horrendous Space Kablooie", and there was recently a (failed) push to make hella- the SI prefix for 10^27, I'd have to say maybe?
>>
File: 1461915645635.jpg (28 KB, 404x404) Image search: [Google]
1461915645635.jpg
28 KB, 404x404
>>8040238
>Horrendous Space Kablooie
>>
>>8040028
this guy gets it
>>
File: LAjzc5X.jpg (411 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
LAjzc5X.jpg
411 KB, 1224x1632
>>8040140
http://imgur.com/gallery/gaJxp
>>
>>8039938
>Do you support Boaty McBoatface?
No, it's a dumb name. Letting the public pick the name without moderation was dumb.

>Can the high ranked egghead in science take jokes?
As a scientist, when someone else buys you a $300,000,000 boat to do research from, you don't question shit, and frankly you don't care as long as you get to do your work.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.