[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm usually good at math >but Integrals are somewhat hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: disappointed-black-man.png (1 MB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
disappointed-black-man.png
1 MB, 1200x675
>I'm usually good at math
>but Integrals are somewhat hard
>>
>A
>but ¬A
>>
File: 1451209118830.jpg (8 KB, 255x204) Image search: [Google]
1451209118830.jpg
8 KB, 255x204
And once again pseudo-intellectual high school calculus kiddies think there's nothing more to integrals than the first trivial examples of the fundamental theorem they had to solve in school.
>>
>>8206750
>3 posters
Are you on your phone OP?
>>
>>8206739
That's because you didn't study the basic elemental fundament of derivatives and diferencial calculus.

>mfw when the teacher started doing the 1st integral on the blackboard I was already doing the 30th exercise on class.
It's just practice you brainlets. I forgot about maths 3 years ago and now I'm doing great at Uni.
>>
This guy gets it. Make sure you understand the principle and then just exercise.
>>
File: 1436837400280.jpg (59 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
1436837400280.jpg
59 KB, 489x423
>pass functional analysis, topology, measure theory and differential geometry with good grade
>failed electricity and magnetism 2 times
>>
>>8206739
Just do like we physicists and expand whatever you want to integrate in a Maclaurin Series.

bam!
>>
>>8209257
I'm mad because my teacher doesn't explain the principals and just teaches us rote way to tackle a problem.
for example, we're doing reverse chain rules and she just does the steps, not explain g how it works
>>
>>8209294

If you want to get ahead, you have to go above what every other asshole is doing and teach yourself. School is pretty much a joke.
>>
>>8206739
http://archives.math.utk.edu/visual.calculus/4/index.html

now, you have no excuse
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (204 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
204 KB, 1920x1080
>>8209293
>reading the derivation of the heat diffusion equation and navier stokes
>that taylor approximation that turns them both into a differential equation
>lol now you just use RK4 or crank nicholson

biggest mathematical ass pull ever.
>>
>>8206739
you aren't good at math. calculus is literally one new concept. every other part of it is just fancy algebra and trig tricks. if you suck at calculus it means you really suck at algebra and trig and should have made sure you actually understood earlier material.
>>
>>8210053
And you are sure that OP isn't good at math, because you know very well what his strenghts and weak spots are and you're an omnipresent senpai math prodigy?
>>
>>8209294
Watch khan academy videos on calculus 1. I failed the course last semester because I did fuck all for it and just didnt know how to do shit. Last exams went really well and I should vastly improve my averadge grade with them.
>>
>Be me
>Always forgets to put the Constant of Integration
>>
>>8210294
>be me
>be myself
>currently existing through my own perception
>not living out vicariously through others, but actively partaking in my own experiences

newfaggotry aside,
>5-6 years removed from a first course in calculus
>actual solutions to difficult integrals--i.e. sources which provide solutions to common, non-trivial integrals--pick their favorite constants in terms of the parameters of the integral to make things look nice
>sometimes doing senseless algebra with definite integrals because of these vanity terms which evaluate to zero anyway
>>
>>8206739
I think I'm pretty good at math and I hate integration theory.
I finally got through Stieltjes integration and I'm just hoping Lebesgue is more elegant
>>
>>8206739
I'm good at math
And integrals make me hard baby

(Just kidding, I suck at math)
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.