[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if we started a colony on mars would money still exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: money.jpg (123 KB, 387x168) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
123 KB, 387x168
or would all the people living in the colony work for free?
>>
>>8204984
resources would simply be rationed.
>>
but who wants to live in a trash can
>>
>>8205002
I already do,I wouldn't mind if i did it on another planet.

>>8204984
Virtual currency to save space.
Generated here and used there.
>>
no commies allowed on mars
>>
>>8205072
If you knew one commie snuck aboard well disguised as a true blue all American free market capitalist, but couldn't figure out whom, would you purge the whole colony?
>>
File: image.jpg (347 KB, 1232x1060) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
347 KB, 1232x1060
Pay your fucking air bill!
>>
>>8205073
CLEANSE
PURGE
KILL
>>
I would imagine that in the early stages there would be a military-style rationing system, and there would be a rudimentary bartering economy. Eventually black markets would develop and shortly after that you'd have currency.
>>
>>8205073
>Implying it's impossible to tell for sure

Just cut them open and see if green ichor comes out.
>>
File: 2422062860_28cb728785.jpg (35 KB, 450x315) Image search: [Google]
2422062860_28cb728785.jpg
35 KB, 450x315
You must pay the oxygen you breathe

>mogul touching themselves just at the idea
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 500x637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 500x637
>Returning Mars to the Oxygen Standard

On Earth you can subsist on the land free of any form of currency. Our primitive ancestors discovered pretty stones and metals in rivers and kept them despite being of no value to survival. That is, until someone discovered they could get their survival needs in trade for the pretty rocks. As agriculture developed those on land with pretty rocks soon had to do nothing but collect them and when that became too much of a burden get others to collect it for them by inventing gods who'd punish them if they didn't. Some people reject this path and will try to return to subsistence on the land but society will still try to extract its share of their effort.

Some day there will be people on Mars and other worlds but they won't have any kind of land to subsist on. They will be wholly dependent on their society for survival since not even oxygen will exist without the effort to make it.
>>
>>8205703
I already see those Jews planning this excessively

With how some people are, paying for air on Earth shouldn't be that hard to impose
>>
>>8206918
>Our primitive ancestors discovered pretty stones and metals in rivers and kept them despite being of no value to survival.
That's wrong you dumbass. The advent of currency with no practical use is very modern. It has two origins, one in the coin system which replaced usable metal with standardized amounts of usable metal, which then slowly developed into placeholders, and in the banking system which replaced contracts of exchange with bills, which also turned into placeholders.
>>
>>8206918
Erm, after terraforming, oxygen will exist somewhat freely.
>>
>>8205948
I watched this movie yesterday for the first time
did arnold dream the whole time, any theorys ?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.