[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, I agree flat earth is some bunk. But Hollow Earth? Was Admiral
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: hollow_2971889b.jpg (66 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
hollow_2971889b.jpg
66 KB, 620x387
Ok, I agree flat earth is some bunk.

But Hollow Earth? Was Admiral Byrd a kook?
>>
They would have figured out the earth was hollow a long time ago through the behavior of seismic waves from earthquakes. The Earth does not behave like a hollow object.
>>
>>8198591
How would you explain the earth's magnetic field? Also, we know the mass and average radius of the Earth and thus the average density. This density is much higher than the density of the crust (which we can measure directly), thus there's more dense stuff underneath. Also volcanic activity.

It would take quite a lot of patchwork to explain a hollow earth. The fun part is that Gauss's law tells us that a hollow earth will behave exactly as a solid earth in terms of gravity and orbit (if they have the same total mass).
>>
>>8198602
>>8198604
I think OP means an earth that is a gigantic centrifuge in terms of gravity, and light doesn't travel in straight lines.

In which case I really have to question how orbits work.
>>
>>8198602
>>8198604

I don't know enough about either subject but this video addresses this. Like I said it could be all bunk but I'd like to know why.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubKFmIDBMjU

The goofy 2000s tech music really isn't helping the cause
>>
>>8198723
ignore the new age stuff too lol
>>
>>8198645
If you fuck around with coordinate systems then anything is possible, but I'd personally stick to Euclidean unless otherwise noted, just for the peace of mind.
>>
>>8198645
No, A hollow earth with an interior "earth" complete with its own energy source (that doubles as the "core") and ecosystem. All as described by admiral byrd
>>
>>8198591
Here is a literal seismic image of a plate subducting into the mantle.

>Was Admiral Byrd a kook?

Yes
>>
File: figure3.jpg (70 KB, 583x472) Image search: [Google]
figure3.jpg
70 KB, 583x472
>>8198740
And wouldn't you know it, I forgot the image.
>>
>>8198745
plate tectonics still function with a hollow earth
>>
>>8198591
>Was Admiral Byrd a kook?
Only if you believe his "secret lost diary" was real.
>>
>>8198591

For historians, Operation Highjump is still a mystery because it makes no sense and all documents are still classified. Admiral Byrd's El Mercurio interview of March 5, 1947 is too vague for any conclusions.

LMH has something anecdotal on her earthfiles.com web site about a pilot, missing scientists and more: scroll to July 1, 2016 and May 5, 2016
>>
>>8198827
>For historians, Operation Highjump is still a mystery because it makes no sense and all documents are still classified. Admiral Byrd's El Mercurio interview of March 5, 1947 is too vague for any conclusions.

Huh? Cursory googling gives me these http://www.theblackvault.com/documentarchive/operation-highjump/
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.