[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is outside the universe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: dogs.jpg (114 KB, 500x561) Image search: [Google]
dogs.jpg
114 KB, 500x561
What is outside the universe?
>>
We don't know. We'll probably never know.

God?
Gods?
More universes?
Or just nothing?

You choose what you believe anon
>>
The universe isn't something. It is everything.
>>
>>8180408
define the universie

define outside the universe
>>
File: 1363777807_nerd1.jpg (38 KB, 480x364) Image search: [Google]
1363777807_nerd1.jpg
38 KB, 480x364
>>8180408
>What is outside the universe?

A sweaty otaku nerd who just installed Sim Earth 3.0 on his PC
>>
>>8180408
The universe is simply the collection of everything we can observe. If we observe something outside the universe, what we call the universe should then expand.

However, universe is also used in the sense of the collection of all mater, and spacetime. In that sense, we don't know even if there is something else, let alone what that is.
>>
>>8180408

Kind of maybe Hilbert space and other universes.
>>
This kind of questions is for monkeyposters.
>>
>>8180620
>other universes.

It'd still just be more universe. The term means everything is included.
>>
We cannot leave the universe without leaving the 3rd dimesnion. Picture it as the surface of a 4d globe.

What lies outside is the multiverse.
>>
>>8181523
I thought the universe is 4D, what with time stretching and all.
>>
File: 1361562150859.jpg (28 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
1361562150859.jpg
28 KB, 346x346
>>8180593
>>8180418
I guess he's talking about the last minutes of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNb3H9kICbA

Bump, because I'm interested too.
>>
>>8180408
There is no outside the universe
>>
>>8180408
Dank memes
>>
Allah
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.