[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I wrong in thinking that the better part of a food's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1466541212001.jpg (635 KB, 2000x1332) Image search: [Google]
1466541212001.jpg
635 KB, 2000x1332
Am I wrong in thinking that the better part of a food's nutrients are lost when it's stored and packaged? As in even if freezing meat keeps it from going bad, it also loses much of the nutrients that composed the original organism?
>>
>>8175543
>Am I wrong in thinking that the better part of a food's nutrients are lost when it's stored and packaged?

yes
>>
>>8175548
But when you eat something fresh, its essence has yet to fully depart it. If you freeze it and then eat it a few months later, that essence will be completely disappeared by that point in time.
>>
>>8175556
>essence
>>
>>8175564
What gives motion to objects

The soul, in other words
>>
File: 1465740412771.jpg (175 KB, 1920x1541) Image search: [Google]
1465740412771.jpg
175 KB, 1920x1541
>>8175583
>>
>>8175583
>>8175556
fuck I hope your not OP
>>
>>8175543
they look emptier than a 1000 yard stare.
Sad!
>>
>>8176100
Makeup dulls expressions
>>
>>8176103
>Makeup dulls expressions
So does hanging out with a 92 year old guy in a wheelchair.
>>
>>8176124
Are you a democrat?
>>
>>8176135
Dunno about him but I know you're a republican to be offended by an honest comment that would apply to a democrat as well.
>>
>>8175543
fresh is best, then frozen, canned is worst

freezing actually destroys vitamin C
>>
>>8176365
>fresh is best
>food harvested
>frozen is instantly packaged
>fresh is put through "beauty" machines because it has to look right
>then it's loaded into crates, homogenized with all the contamination of 100 other products
>sent to the store where some cuck in the back loads it off the truck
>then some other cucks put it on display
>then it's left there for days
>somehow this is better than instantly freezing it
>>
>>8176365
>freezing actually destroys vitamin C
Never heard that before.

Who told you these things, they sound awfully suspicious.

OP, you are wrong for thinking that. Frozen food retains its nutrients longer because it doesn't get a chance to degrade. Frozen food is actually better for you in general.
>>
>>8176371
that's not "fresh" food then.

Never been to a proper market before? They seem to be dying out in the US.

That being said, I freeze alotta meat.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.