[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is Stephen Hawking actually smart or do we just believe him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: stephen-hawking.jpg (310 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
stephen-hawking.jpg
310 KB, 2048x1536
So is Stephen Hawking actually smart or do we just believe him because he's [spoiler]a ROBOT[/spoiler]
>>
>>8174848
Nah , he's actually a moron
>>
>>8174848
I just ordered a brief history of time, I will be the judge of whether or not he's smart.
>>
>>8175024
But youve never even written a book
What right have you to criticize
>>
>>8174848
He's trying way too hard to stay relevant by pushing all this political and ai scaremongering bullshit. I guess he wants to be cool with the kids like Tyson or Bill nye
>>
>>8175047
Dude the post was total irony.
>>
>>8175074
>he employed sarcasm on the autism board
A plan doomed to fail
>>
His only contributions to physics are in a field where it's currently impossible to verify any claims with experiment.
He's a huge asshole and Susskind + 't Hooft should have ended his career when they proved him wrong about information loss.

He has coasted his entire life on those 26" rims and the pity of people who don't understand a single thing about science.
>>
File: 1460504415770.jpg (46 KB, 597x616) Image search: [Google]
1460504415770.jpg
46 KB, 597x616
if he is a robot why does he always warning the world against IA and the singularity?
is he/it a traitor?
>>
>>8175092
He has a good point about AI, anyone who possesses it will become way more dangerous. I think it's also the key to skyrocketing scientific advancements. I am looking forward to reading the singularity is near by Ray Kurzweil. I just ordered the book yesterday.
>>
>>8175086
>He has coasted his entire life on those 26" rims and the pity of people who don't understand a single thing about science.
That is an interesting concession. I actually think this may be why he's so famous, because he's a scientist in a wheel chair who can't talk. I could be wrong though, he seems to be acknowledged for his studies or what ever a lot. Really though, I can't think of any other reason he's a house hold name besides that he's in a wheel chair.
>>
>>8175155
True AI is impossible though
>>
>>8175086
Hawking radiation is pretty interesting and exciting to learn about...but you're right, you can't verify it with experiment...or at least I don't think anybody knows how to.
>>
>>8175084
Kek
>>
>>>8175155
>True AI is impossible though

Of course it is possible, there is literally no reason why AI can't exist. Someday it will be a reality.

T. Skynet
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.