[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
oldfags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: dddddd.jpg (781 KB, 1600x1068) Image search: [Google]
dddddd.jpg
781 KB, 1600x1068
Anyone here who matriculated >25?
What's your major? How do you like it?
What did you do before uni?

I'm 27 and got into med school last year, so far it's close to the greatest thing I've ever done.
>>
>>8174477
>27
>med school
lol
>>
>>8174485
What did you mean by this?
>>
My mother was working on her AS in her 50s. I knew plenty of adults at CC who were getting degrees, one started at 52 I think, part-time. Uni is incredibly youngfag territory, diversity is a fucking joke.

Most adults
>worked for a while but want a degree to advance
>were in the military or something and thought something was cool
>had a child or children and one parent either has time+opportunity to study, or needs to increase revenue in the future (i.e. a full-time adult with children "shouldn't" be going to college)
My CC was very accommodating and had great teachers. (people who's job and desire was teaching and interacting with students, not research) Uni has far fewer adults, although I've met some. Usually their partner works (if they have kids), or they're single and going to uni, but getting into the huge debts, even if they're working full-time (very uncommon). More schools are offering night and online/independent courses, for some classes.

Most adults I see going to university go for business, legal, or health field. I've seen a few adults in Engineering fields, but they're still easily exceptions than a norm (Electrical Engineering, and I think we had 2-3 people over 30).
>>
>>8174477
>med school

>has time to fuck around on 4chan.

Lol yeah m8. We're all failures here.
>>
>>8174498
Note, when I said full-time adult with child, I mean a single parent. If there's two parents often the wife is working full-time making decent/good money, while the husband might be working. Many times if I saw an adult woman she was single or otherwise separated.
>>
>>8174499
I just enjoy the constructive atmosphere around here after 6 hours of biochemistry, don't judge me
>>
>>8174518
as much as I'm having fun here too but name one single thing this board has contributed to science..
>>
>>8174477
I matriculated when i was 16, enjoy being old.
>>
>>8174588
It's found the link between engineering and homosexuality.
>>
Matriculated when I was 31 years old..... After spending 8 years of my life as an 11a in the Army.
UW, MS3 doing rotations in Anchorage Alaska- and no I'm not the oldest, my class is like 75% 22-25 year olds and rest are my age and a few are in their 40s and 1 is a previous PA-C who's in her 50s
>>
In my country we have 3 years of obligatory army service. Many people stay for even longer to make money. After getting discharged from the army people usually spend at least a year working+travelling the world before enrolling in university, and med school usually takes more than one try to get into.
Bottom line, median age of starting med school is roughly 25 for men and 24 for women. When I started (22), I had people with me who were 30+, including lawyers, a guy with a phd in physics, army Majors and more.
>>
>>8178028
Israel?
>>
>>8178090
Indeed
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.