[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albert Einstein thread. Post questions about him; suggest books,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
Albert Einstein thread.

Post questions about him; suggest books, documentaries, or any other information about him and discuss his life and work.

I have some questions I would like to ask:

1-Let us imagine that Einstein was never born. Is it possible to say that his theories would eventually bloom by the work of other minds in a period of 20-30 years? Or his insights were so unique that we cannot say for certain how much time would pass without anyone reaching them?

2-What is the best book about his life? I know the famous Isaacson one, but I guess there must be some more complete texts.

3-What do you guys think of this Eugene Wigner definition:

>“I have known a great many intelligent people in my life. I knew Max Planck (Nobel Prize 1918), von Laue (Nobel Prize 1914) and Heisenberg (Nobel Prize 1932). Paul Dirac (Nobel Prize 1933) was my brother in law; Leo Szilard and Edward Teller have been among my closest friends; and Albert Einstein was a good friend, too. But none of them had a mind as quick and acute as John von Neumann. I have often remarked this in the presence of those men and no one ever disputed me.
>… But Einstein’s understanding was deeper even than von Neumann’s. His mind was both more penetrating and more original than von Neumann’s. And that is a very remarkable statement. Einstein took an extraordinary pleasure in invention. Two of his greatest inventions are the Special and General Theories of Relativity; and for all of von Neumann’s brilliance, he never produced anything as original.
>>
File: 1376847928045.jpg (574 KB, 1200x1252) Image search: [Google]
1376847928045.jpg
574 KB, 1200x1252
>>
File: 1376849337526.jpg (592 KB, 1200x1252) Image search: [Google]
1376849337526.jpg
592 KB, 1200x1252
>>
File: NT6i0gsh.jpg (224 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
NT6i0gsh.jpg
224 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>8174524
>>8174528
>>8174530

lol
>>
>>8174231
/sci/ stands for science and math not scientists and mathematicians.

Faggots, please take your cult of personality posts to /thrash/ or /b/, where they belong. Talking solely about scientists is not talking about science.
>>
>>8174556

OP here. Well, if I might defend the board I am not from here, but from /lit/, /his/ and /ic/

I like to know more about the routines of productive and creative individuals. Sorry if I am bothering.
>>
>>8174556
Hello and welcome to 4chan.
Our orientations are located in >>/b/ (the section titled "Random") and we hope you have a pleasant stay. Thank you.
>>
I learned Einstein once said that the only conversations he really appreciated where the ones with Gödel.

What was there relation? What did they talk about?
>>
>>8174610
their* sorry.
>>
>>8174610
were* sorry
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.