[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nerve damage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: ECQ5Xau.png (400 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ECQ5Xau.png
400 KB, 1920x1080
help sci

For two days now my ringfinger and pinky are numb, start with a stinging under my shoulderblade going down my arm it becomes a tingling sensation.

I tried sleeping on my back, getting exercise, stretching the fuck out of my back but it seemed to only make it worse :(

what do I do now, I have to wait 12 days for my doctors appointment but it gets worse every day!
>>
>>8174089
Learn how to use a question mark?
>>
>>8174091
im typing with one hand and its urgent.
>>
>>8174089
Sign of diabetes or imminent heart attack
>>
>>8174093
>>8174094
Fair enough. And yes, phone up the emergency services.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingles
>>
>>8174094
that sounds a bit drastic
>>
>>8174089
If OP is female. It could likely be early signs of Multiple Sclerosis... If it happens a few times and no diagnosis can be made, should do an MRI.
If OP is male it's still possible but a lot less likely.
>>
>>8174089
>what do I do now
Take some NSAIDs and wait. Could be some nerve root compression. Is this on your left or right only or on both sides?

If on both sides it could be spinal cord compression, potentially tumors and thus more severe, you might want to go to emergency reception in that case.

Have you hit your head or neck recently?
>>
>>8174114
fuck man I'm male but I had my eyesight worsened quite a bit over this year, I almost always have to wiggle with my foot or hand but more to calm me down so it's not forced also I do smoke.

fuck I hope its not MS.

>>8174167
>nerve root compression

my aunt is amassage therapeutist and she said it was this from bad posture.

>Is this on your left or right only or on both sides
only left
>Have you hit your head or neck recently?
No but I had really monotone posture over the last week because I was constantly sitting in front of the pc studying.

>potentially tumors
can lung cancer compress the nerves on said location?Because I do smoke some weed and occasional cigs and had some slight stinging in my chest recently.
>>
bump, could it really be my heart, I'm 25?... :((
>>
>>8174731
nah, sounds like compression of the ulnar nerve, doubt it's a tumor but you should make sure it isn't
>>
Are you currently touching any uninsulated electrical components with the affected hand?
>>
do you use the computer a lot? could be carpel tunnel
>>
cervical spondylosis may be possible reason. such symptoms generally arise due to herniated cervical disc. would have said carpal tunnel syndrome. but since the pain starts from the shoulder blade, an herniated disc at the cervical spine (just above the shoulder) seems most likely. Do consult a doc, CT scan or an MRI will provide a better diagnosis.
>>
>>8175523
yes I do! But carpal tunnel affects the other three fingers (thumb, index, middle) I don't have those symptoms.

>>8175492
how? Are there methods to check myself or just get an x-ray somewhere?

>>8175626
I was at a massage therapist yesterday, I feel alot better today but I'm still stiff.
She mentioned that it could be a herinated disc but not at my age... I hope shes right, I'm gonna check anyhow.
>>
When I was 17-18, i started waking up with my right arm asleep, I mean completely numb from shoulder to fingertips.
Didn't matter how I slept.
Feeling would come back when I got up and moved around. The tingling was intense, like actual needle points.
I sometimes had dull aching muscle pain for hours.

This lasted a good two months, then stopped and it never recurred, it's been 15 years.
I mean, aside from something obvious like falling asleep on the couch with my arm under me.
>>
>>8175840
I am ruling out carpal tunnel. I am 25 and have a herniated disc on the lumbar (or lower) part of the spine. Symptoms started with intense tingling sensation at the lower part of the leg. Further muscle stiffness and pain occurred and had to be admitted to hospital. Therapy improved on the pain and the stiffness. But the pain reoccurs for certain periods and goes away. My docs, a Neurosurgeon suggested my posture, sleep habits, being an active soccer player and biker along with muscle weakness are to blame for it for its occurrence at such an early age.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.