[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help, me /sci/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Hector_-La_Voz-_Lavoe.jpg (19 KB, 250x358) Image search: [Google]
Hector_-La_Voz-_Lavoe.jpg
19 KB, 250x358
Everytime I talk to people I always end up giving my opinion on something and calificate subtly theirs as inferior. I end up explaining (if I can) how my POV works. Even though they started talking to me about their problems and lives.
It seems to be a problem.

How do I improve my personality scientifically?
Do you guys have a method?
Implying psychology is a science, of course.
>>
>>8171341
Drink milk to remove your status effects.
>>
>>8171343
Is there a psychological concept of my problem?
So I can start to look from that point.
>>
>>8171341
>Implying psychology is a science, of course.
Implying Meyers-Briggs personality theory isn't the equal of Abel's proof that there exist no general algebraic solutions to polynomials of degree 5 or higher.
>>
start with the assumption that there's something they know that you don't. cause there probably fuckin is.

also: quit being a dick.
>>
File: dick-cover-photo.png (272 KB, 861x768) Image search: [Google]
dick-cover-photo.png
272 KB, 861x768
>>8173631
>also: quit being a dick.
THIS
OP, you should take this to >>>/r9k/, not /sci/.

And unless you stop being a dick, you'll always be a dick.
>>
>>8173631
How do I believe that?
I was raised as a fucking genius. Never studied until some years ago. Now I struggle studying so I failed my first year of UNI.

How do I change my mind?
Is PNL actually useful?

I "know" I'm not a genius. But I still feel superior to them. I know I'm not but I feel like it.

How do I fucking change that, psychologists?
Is there a method for that shit?
I have some friends btw, but 3 of them are weird (not too social).
>>
>>8173657
>fail freshman uni
>feel like a genius
>"how do I change that?"
>>
>>8173669
>fail freshman
Yes, because I didn't study. I got 0 average grades, because I didn't bother to do the exams.

Yeah. I tried to convince myself I'm stupid.
I'm not trolling, please.

I literally can count with the fingers of one hand the times I actually studied. I'm not gonna describe my HS life; you can guess it: having great grades without effort, easy comprehension, versatility etc...

So how do I convince myself I'm stupid?
How do I convince myself I actually need to study? I know it sounds like I'm trolling but this is something that I noticed and I was trying for years to solve. I've visited a psychologist, but she didn't help me so much.

I think that some psycho-anons over here, who knows vanguardist knowledge about that matter, can help me with this shit.
>>
>>8171341

calificate is not an english word
>>
>>8173691
dude I have the same story. so damn smart, never studied, aced classes. that's me

but I'm about to go into a really fucking intense school, study physics, and I'm just now getting a damn plan. basically I'm just gonna deprive myself of everything that distracts me until I get my shit done.

I'm terrified, though. Filled to the brim with anxiety. We'll just see how it goes, though.

For now I've got "calculus for dummies" read it every other day, do practice problems for a few hours, and dipshit the rest of the day away. it's working out pretty well, imo.
>>
>>8173691
>How do I convince myself I actually need to study?
if you're suffering from some sort of mental illness, there is no convincing you

If you think you dont need to study anything, please explain to me what inter-universal Teichmüller theory is all about.
>>
>>8173714
It's not a thought. It's a feeling which invades me everytime I procrastinate. I try to study, but everytime I let down my guard, BOOM. I see myself with some shitty mobile game/PC game/playing the piano/another shitty activity.

I thought about PNL to help me "focus" on my projects and plans, so I don't get distracted.

>mental illness
I don't like to assume nothing. But I recognize I was ultra-distracted as a kid, but I still got the best grades kek.

I'm not gonna tell you my whole life, so is there any info you can find useful to tell me what to do?
>>
>>8173721
modafinol
>>
>>8173741
Is actually my tendency to get distracted, unavoidable? Is that the problem?
I don't think I have problems with concentration.

Some anons told me before that I don't need motivation, just do it. I believe them. Because I became /fit/ when I was a fat 14 yo kid. I trained everyday on summer with this "slogan": "Don't think, just do it." It seems that I'm not buying that idea now, or I am too stressed for that shit.

Fuck. It wasn't that satisfactory to post my shit over here. But I'm done though. Thanks, anons.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.