[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just graduated with a degree in computer engineering and while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 09-13-hawking.jpg (28 KB, 277x277) Image search: [Google]
09-13-hawking.jpg
28 KB, 277x277
I just graduated with a degree in computer engineering and while helping my cousin with homework realized I still don't understand imaginary numbers at all. Am i fucced?
>>
Imaginary numbers are real fucking easy. You can learn that and the main ideas behind complex numbers in ten minutes on Wikipedia.
>>
>>8158066
how the fuck did you pass signals/systems course then?
You are either bullshitting or had a meme degree
>>
You'll be fine OP. Everybody in STEM has turned stupid anyway. I blame Internet and video games.
Humanity has intellectually peaked some decades ago, we're never going back.
>>
>>8158066
no
please join us at the church of wildberger, where we don't believe in such nonsense and develop math as intuitively as possible.
>>
>>8158078
>I blame Internet and video games
This man knows what's up.
When I was younger, I had absolutely no fucking problem with school and especially math and science. It was piss easy and I literally passed the first 8th grades with a constant 1.0 (A).
The I got into videogames. Year after year I got more and more problem with math and science. It feels like I've become pretty stupid over the years. It feels like my brain just can't do this anymore. I'm in second semester physics at a university now I'm absolutely failing.
It's like my brain literaly gut dumber.
Also, I got lazier compared to my younger years.

Fuck videogames to be honest.
>>
File: 1464813308685.gif (2 MB, 430x250) Image search: [Google]
1464813308685.gif
2 MB, 430x250
>>8158378
Spent 11 years playing video games and now the joy has died. Now I spend my days here. Can't say i'm disapointed though I completely lack social skills.
>>
>>8158378
>It feels like my brain just can't do this anymore

That's a good thing. It means that the material is harder, and you're getting a good education. Quit being a dumb ass.
>>
>>8158378
dafuq? I know a kid who plays video games all the time and he's going to MIT. I asked him if he watches movies though and he said no. So he's chosen one way to divide his time. He can't do everything, but what he does do he enjoys.
>>
>>8158066
All the numbers in a computer are obviously real. You're fine.
>>
>>8158919
Top fucking kek.
>>
>>8158066
It helps to think of them in terms of phase and magnitude. Like, a lot.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.