[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
someone explain to me why the integral of [eqn]6/x^3[/eqn]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: matematicas.jpg (12 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
matematicas.jpg
12 KB, 284x177
someone explain to me why the integral of

[eqn]6/x^3[/eqn] is NOT 6lnx^3, therefore 18lnx
>>
>>8157190
Because it's -3/x^2. Why would it be something else?
>>
think of it as 6*x^(-3)
>>
>>8157190
>18lnx

Because the derivative of that shit is literally 18/x

This is why if you don't think of integrals completely in terms of anti derivatives you are bound to end up at Mc Donald's sucking dick at the playground.
>>
>>8157239

so 1/x^3

is not lnx^3
>>
>>8157241
No, nor is 1/(x^3) the derivative of ln(x^3) . Chain rule, nigger.
>>
>>8157241
No it isn't. Not even close, really.

This is what happens when you embrace the
>not without my formula sheet
mentality instead of looking at the bigger picture.
>>
>>8157246
Different anon here, I was a plug and chug calc student and I never had any problem using the chain rule so I'm not entirely sure what you mean.
>>
Can't be assed to use LaTeX rn, so I did it on a sketchpad. Sorry, it's a bit hard to follow, but I used a fairly basic by-parts method.
>>
>>8157305
Actually, I don't know why I used by-parts. Reverse power-rule can be used in all cases except when n = -1 and it's much faster in this case.
>>
>>8157305
that's what I was thinking lol
>>
>>8157305
WHY
[[integral of 6/x^(3) dx]] is of the form {{integral of cx^n dx]] which is always [[(c/n+1)x^(n+1) + C]].
>>
>>8157319
didnt read this comment

i am >>8157331
and obv, not when n=-1

lmao
>>
File: 1466526634612.png (201 KB, 1500x1153) Image search: [Google]
1466526634612.png
201 KB, 1500x1153
>>8157190
>>
>>8157190
because
[math] \displaystyle
\frac{d}{dx}(-3x^{-2}) = 6x^{-3}
[/math]
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.