[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does decreased temperature increase atomic synchronization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: velocity distribution.png (1 MB, 2507x1648) Image search: [Google]
velocity distribution.png
1 MB, 2507x1648
Why does decreased temperature increase atomic synchronization in an object?
>>
>>8150620
Because that's the definition of temperature.
>>
Less brownian motion
>>
I now absolutely nothing about physics but I'll give it a shot. Please tell me how stupid and wrong I am.

Stored energy is an measurement of potential, as in how many different things it can randomly do in the next second. As you take energy away from an atom it has less potential or less "things it can do." Eventually if you remove enough energy from an object the atoms are so limited in what options can perform that some of them start randomly doing the same thing and sync up.
>>
>>8150620

YOU decrease TEMPERATURE while CHAD increases ATOMIC SYNCHRONIZATION in an OBJECT
>>
>>8150911
Shit explanations are worse than no explanation. Kill yourself.
>>
It's called statistical mechanics. As temperature approaches 0, the probability of finding the system in the ground state approaches 1. The ground state of a large collection of atoms generally implies some sort of geometric order - whether it be a particular type of magnetization or the actual physical arrangement of the atoms.
>>
>>8150911
non sequiturs will not be rewarded
>>
>>8150911
>potential, as in how many different things it can randomly do in the next second
No.

I suppose you're starting to see some connection between and energy and entropy though, so that's something.
>>
>>8150947
Shit explanations are very useful as you can get power over people if you can manage to fool them.

If you know how stuff really is but no one believes you, then you become a miserable irrelevant fucker.
>>
Fermi-dirac probability.

At really low temperatures (0 kelvin), according to the Schrodinger equation, you can pretty much know where the electrons and atoms will be because all the relevant particles are fermions. Fermions don't occupy the same position according to the Pauli principle.
>>
>>8150665
fpbp
>>
>>8151388
Pretty sure this thread is about Bose-Einstein statistics bruv
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.