[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if the most likely reason that black people have dark skin,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: _1418688169.jpg (41 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
_1418688169.jpg
41 KB, 600x300
So if the most likely reason that black people have dark skin, less sensitive eyes( dark brown) and often wider nostrils is because of adaptation the heat in the areas they lived( wider nostrils means more air can enter) and people with white skin son't for the opposite reason. Why is it East and south east Asians who live in their respective climates and geographic areas have evolved, on top of different skin pigmentation, slanted/almond eyes? What purposes could that feature serve to adaption. I always wondered this.
Literally not trying to create a race war or /pol/ thread( Im honestly praying they don't invade). If you have any good sources I could look into please post.
Pic somewhat related.
>>
>>8150454
they fucked things that had slanted eyes.
just like white people share a common ancestor with the rhesus monkey.
>>
>>8150467
Well yes so, there is no advantage to having such eyes in any environment then? Their common ancestors just happened to mate with other primates that looked like that(for some reason)? Also, why do most East Asian have dark eyes when they're ancestors lived in cold climates mostly(reflecting their lighter pigmentation). Could this be the fact they they share common ancestors with Persians and other Middle Eastern peoples?
>>
>>8150454
>>8150507
Smaller "slanted" eyes mean you are less sensitive to sunlight glaring off fresh snow. Look at inuits, they have extremely small eyes reflecting this type of environmental adaptation.

The east Asian race as we know it would be descended from peoples who lived further north near Siberia before migrating southward.
>>
>>8150514
Thanks for that. Would you mind telling me where you got your source? I'd like to read up on this more?
>>
>>8150514
>Smaller "slanted" eyes mean you are less sensitive to sunlight glaring off fresh snow.
no it doesn't.
>>
>>8150454
>less sensitive eyes( dark brown)
what, their pupils aren't brown, their irises are
>>
European climate is gloomy, cold and wet. Hence pale skin, large eyeballs and forward extension of nose.
Asian climate is stark, cold and dry. Hence partially pale skin losing only brown pigment but keeping yellow, loss of the fold I can't spell in the eye giving protection against dust and glare but less able to cope with running water, and snub noses better for moistening but not warming air.
>>
File: ohsnap2.jpg (64 KB, 480x498) Image search: [Google]
ohsnap2.jpg
64 KB, 480x498
>>8150454
most of asia is further south than europe and has a lot of cloud cover, in terms of latitude you'd want to compare kamchatka with ireland

lighter skin means more vitamin D, darker skin means less sunburn

yellow skin is due to a thicker fat layer

"slant" eyes, or epicanthic folds is probably an adaptation allowing fatty insulation of the eyes

contrary to nazi beliefs, east asians seem to have better adaptation to the cold than northern europeans
>>
>>8150553
Epicantic is eye fold. Sparser facial hair is also a glacial modification.
>>
>>8150546
The iris and pupil are connected, anon. Iris controls the pupil.
>>
>>8150555
Hold up there bro, Asians vary widely in the amount of facial hair they have.
>>
>>8150554
>>8150553
>>8150514
>>8150537

Are you all gonna start posting sources you found this stuff from so I could read or are you all really just pulling shit out of your asses?
btw, here is the mechanism behind why darker pigmented eyes are less sensitive than lighter.
They can compensate slightly more besides just closing the pupil.
https://www.dukehealth.org/blog/myth-or-fact-people-light-eyes-are-more-sensitive-sunlight
You see? That is a source.
>>
>>8150657
None would be deemed swarthy
Even their cousins native American are like that
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.