[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone qualified to speak on the economy of the US right now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Anyone qualified to speak on the economy of the US right now. I hear it's currently worse than 2008 and there is a recession or depression that we are in that will finally become apparent in the coming months. fear mongering or is there some truth to this???
>>
>>8147727
I'm not really qualified.
I am however a small business owner. I can say with some confidence that markets have changed since 2008 and show no sign of going back. To me it feels leaner. Companies are less willing to spend. Many are still making cuts and struggling to stay afloat.

I think we should seriously consider the possibility that the economy we enjoyed in the late 90's and early 2000's was a fluke, and we may never see it again.
>>
File: 1460366834606.jpg (37 KB, 640x271) Image search: [Google]
1460366834606.jpg
37 KB, 640x271
>>8147727

I told my parents to invest in gold before 2008, and they did, so I now own more than 60% of the US citizenry, which is not a lot.

Our system will crash again and very soon, the market is more chaotic than it has ever been so invest in things that may will benefit from the majority of people suffering.
>>
>>8147727

We live in a fraudulent economy, which is no longer a capitalist structure.

The same institutions that caused the global financial meltdown, are still up and running, and they are engaging in the exact form of risky speculation that caused said meltdown.

We're all fucked.
>>
>>8147737
I think owning a business makes you somewhat qualified since you participate in the economy and must have knowledge of how the market works to operate a business. thanks for your input.

>>8147756
I'm currently investing in food, water, guns, shelter supplies, medicines, and silver.

>>8147854
I personally believe something is going to happen near the end of this year but I can not currently back that up with facts so thats why I look for answers.
>>
>>8147756

>investing in gold like an uncivilized pleb
>>
>>8147854

>The same institutions that caused the global financial meltdown, are still up and running, and they are engaging in the exact form of risky speculation that caused said meltdown
>implying the financial system is what it used to be before 2008

get rekt pleb go back to your circlejerking shithole.
>>
>>8147854
>>8147874
God speed, gents.

>>8147883

Go back to your hedge fund, ass.
>>
>>8147727
Economist here.

Answer is no, and the easiest explanation I can give you is that everyone who agreed with you didn't give a single reason for why the economy is going down under other than "I feel it lmao" which is frankly what we economists call "fucking retarded". By the way, if you guys really think the economy is going to collapse and be worse than '08, why the fuck are you guys buying gold or silver, literally short every stock you can afford and let your investment portfolio do the talking.

Real answer is no, and it's because the AER didn't say anything about a crash happening :^)
>>
>>8147895

>Go back to your hedge fund, ass.

kys
>>
>>8147909

Are you soft or a hard economist?
>>
>>8147917
Was a hard one a few minutes ago. Now I'm a soft economist with messy trousers.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.