[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Range_of_Homo_neanderthalensis.png (148 KB, 970x463) Image search: [Google]
Range_of_Homo_neanderthalensis.png
148 KB, 970x463
Biological breeding thread

This is a pretty interesting topic in my opinion as well.

I am a crossbred guy and I did my research. My father was a blonde man with blue green eyes and my mother was a turkish asian person (she is tanned a little bit but she is the only one of my aunts and uncles) I want to know if I can get children since the asian race is very close to the white one (survival possibilites for an example, hokkaido and kyoto in Japan are two very hot and very cold places so the asian body can adapt there easily. My mother's side of the family is from the coldest place of Turkey (Kayseri, the place with the ice mountain in the middle of the country). Again the question: can I get children from the white race if my race is 50% different while my body has adapted to this climate while staying healthly?
>>
>>8146755
That was a mishmash of words that meant pretty much nothing. You care way to much about race when choosing your children, if you actually cared about potential fitness you'd attempt to find an outlier to donate an egg.
>>
>>8146765
The thing is that race matters, A black person needs 10 times more vitamin D than a white one. The bone structure is different as well for an example.
>>
>>8146755
Are you feeling well anon?
>>
>>8146765
This pretty much. OP inhaled too much /pol/ in a very short period of time. lel
>>
>>8146773

Race might matter but it's irreverent to the question at hand due to the fact that you know clothes, heating and cooling tech exist.

It would be different if op was interested in something like blood dilation where he would have to mate with an asian (specifically a Tibetan) to get beneficial effects for his kids. But min max temp adapting in this day and age is kind of worthless.
>>
>>8146888
Its still relevant. Even blase things like facial features influence heat loss in local adaptation. Equatorial populations can't manage winters as well.
>>
>>8146894
Detroid has a lot of blacks, in fact blacks seem to thrive in the northern US states
>>
>>8146894
I'm racist as fuck, but even I know that except for vitamin D production, your race isn't going to matter significantly for the climate you live in.
>>
File: 1373515177629.jpg (45 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
1373515177629.jpg
45 KB, 310x310
>>8146755
And this is why you don't let your kids browse /pol/
>>
>>8146894
All the supposed evidence of this are "just so" stories. It just so happens that the larger nostrils of mountain folk serve to warm the air they breath. It must be evolution. Right?
Well, probably not
Black people live in cold climates and do not die. The fact is, humans are different in different places. Equatorial humans in the Eastern hemisphere share some similarities with those in the Western. North Asians share some simiarities and some differences with Scandinavians. As well as Middle Easterners. As well as Africans.

The adaptation to cold climates in humans is shelter construction, fire, and clothing technology, which originate independently in all populations the world over.
This is no different to cultural adaptation to meet any other need. Humans stopped adapting genetically because evolving memetically is far more efficient.
There is little to no evidence that any traits aside from technologies adopted toward the needs of their new environment are responsible for human's ability to cope with cold, tundra, desert, monsoon, &c.
Don't let your natural propensity to see patterns simply run wild. Humans have that issue of seeing something where nothing exists. It's why all cultures developed astrology.
>>
>>8147139
Population separation works no differently in people than finches, your stock is climatically relevant.
>>
>>8147187
If finches had technology to harvest fruit there would be no beak-shape selection pressure
>>
>>8147218
You are taking technology for granted and not considering how divergent populations had to develop. It's commonly theorized asian have epicantic folds as a response to the ancestral glacial biome.
>>
>>8146755
Turks, and all other people of the middle east are generally considered white anyway.

Unless they are obviously black, arabs and other semitic tribes are considered white. They really don't fit into any other racial groups.

Don't worry OP, your children will be 100% white. Most of the current population of Europe was originally founded by peoples of the middle east anyway. "Whiteness" is a trait found in the area around the black sea, the original Europeans were dark skinned.
>>
>>8147223
That is, assuming your spouse is white as well.

Honestly though it really doesn't matter, we're all mixing as a species anyway.
>>
>>8147220
I don't know what you you'rere trying to argue here.
If you're looking at coincidence of features in populations from similar climates and using this as evidence that they must have evolved in response to climate differences, well that's not a correct approach.
>>
>>>/his/
>>>/pol/
>>>/int/
>>
>>8147223
The middle east is in asia.
Ergo, they're asian.
>>
>>8147223
This.
Also, OP you're fucking retarded. And you're also not "Asian".
Take a break from /pol/ for a bit.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.