[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here like reactor idle or factory idle? I've found
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: factory.png (344 KB, 1428x798) Image search: [Google]
factory.png
344 KB, 1428x798
Anyone here like reactor idle or factory idle?

I've found idle games kinda relaxing as the only goal is to optimize. Anyone else on /sci/ play these type of games? Do you have any special techniques or do you just wing it until it gets to 100% efficiency?
>>
>>8144441
Bump
>>
>>8144441
pretty neat, going to have to start playing these. How long does it take to reach the max tech level?
>>
>>8144506
The max tech level is probably something that would take weeks to get to but trust me it's hard enough at a base level to figure stuff out. Reactor idle is easier then factory idle but they both got their merits. Reactor idle is more to do with designing heat density maps with heat transfer systems capable of keeping things below critical temp and feeding said heat to generators to make power so money can be made. Factory idle is more about designing input and output systems so as to ensure everything gets the right amount of x resource and the capability to excrete y amount of resource. This also adds in a function where most buildings have an upkeep cost so that comes into play.
>>
>>8144441
>only goal is to optimize

that's the point of every game, ever.....
>>
>>8144441
I've been playing it for a few weeks however I got bored of it around the time I started researching engines; when the whole 'idle' part of it came into a larger affect.
>>
>>8144514
Just to name a few that don't care about optimization:
Amnesia the dark descent
Hatoful boyfriend
Papers Please
Undertale
Skyrim
Firewatch
>>
>>8144523
Yeah I feel that, it gets a little samey then. Have you ever played SpaceChem? It mixes in Codex of Alchemical Engineering into factory idle with a story.
>>
Factorio with every resource set to high and enemies set to passive is super comfy.
>>
>>8145129
>Ok I have all my minerals now I just need to do some research
>Oh I can automate this
>Oh but first I have to build a machine to build this part
>But before that I have to build a machine to build this part
>Fuck resources aren't reaching the end of my conveyor belt.
>Fuck this conveyor belt is backed up
>Fuck I'm out of wood
>Fuck it's 3:00AM
>>
File: 1465616157761.jpg (46 KB, 640x305) Image search: [Google]
1465616157761.jpg
46 KB, 640x305
>>8145140
>Oh I need some conveyor belts and inserters
>Just run through my green science factory and grab a fuckload of them
>>
>>8144529
>Skyrim
You know when you ask a child to draw something and it always turns out into a cute-however-awful drawing?

That's sorta how coding for Skyrim was made.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.