[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any recomendation on old science textbooks? I feel comfy reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: old-books.jpg (3 MB, 2047x2835) Image search: [Google]
old-books.jpg
3 MB, 2047x2835
Any recomendation on old science textbooks? I feel comfy reading old textbooks because prefer the old writing style of people back then, a bit purple prose, but much better than today's dry writing.

If the books are less outdated with current science, the better, but I wont be rejecting anything. Just feel free to post.
>>
File: P_G_Bergmann_Intro.png (407 KB, 872x717) Image search: [Google]
P_G_Bergmann_Intro.png
407 KB, 872x717
Google Books has it.
>>
>>
Read anything by Dover books. Everything they print is pre 70's just about.
>>
>>8141549
An Introduction to Celestial Mechanics (Dover Books on Astronomy) by Forest Ray Moulton
>>
>>8141549
Go with Dover and MIR Publishers. The soviet books are pretty good.
>>
>>8144979
recommend soviet textbooks, they're really simple and good if you want a very general understanding of different subjects
>>
File: 0808.jpg (31 KB, 227x350) Image search: [Google]
0808.jpg
31 KB, 227x350
>>
>>8145006
Any in particular? Not op btw.
>>
>>8145006
Soviet text book guy?
>>
I'm not sure what my book was called, but it was a "Modern Science" book from like 1938. It had eugenics as the last chapter, and references Luther Burbank and how a family comparing the first and second marriages resulted in a "feeble minded" lineage in one case, and a normal-minded (I think that was the way they put it) in the other. I found it in a bowling alley/hotel which was being renovated. They had a lot of cool books in the attic, I wish I could've kept them.
>>
>>8145267
Depends on what you want to learn about. As said previously, Dover tends to publish a lot of them at very cheap prices.
>>
File: Oil2.jpg (3 MB, 2478x3726) Image search: [Google]
Oil2.jpg
3 MB, 2478x3726
Here's an image. I don't think it was from the book with eugenics, but was still an old book. Right inside the cover.
>>
File: history.png (48 KB, 425x1057) Image search: [Google]
history.png
48 KB, 425x1057
>>8141549
how old you talking about OP?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.