[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post popsci bullshit that makes you cringe af. I'll s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: tangledupwithulol.png (179 KB, 370x371) Image search: [Google]
tangledupwithulol.png
179 KB, 370x371
Post popsci bullshit that makes you cringe af.

I'll start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN0f6VYesmk
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jint5kjoy6I
>>
>>8136295

Literally anything involving quantum physics. It gets abused constantly in the form of "maybe magical bullshit is possible because muh quantum flapdoodle."

In terms of contributing a specific example to this thread, I was forced to watch this movie in a shitty interdisciplinary studies course back when I was in school and it's the worse thing I've ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DJ8RTyGiDo

I hate that "maybe we don't know some things therefore MAGIC IS REAL AND SCIENCE PROVES IT" attitude.
>>
>>8136304
>I hate that "maybe we don't know some things therefore MAGIC IS REAL AND SCIENCE PROVES IT" attitude
I hate that radical empiricist "I CAN'T SEE IT SO ITS NOT THERE" attitude.
>>
>>8136552
>I CAN'T SEE IT SO ITS NOT THERE
that's not radical empiricism
that's infantile imbecilism
>>
>>8136606
that's what empiricism amounts to.
"see" obviously also includes "measure"
>>
well how do you tell if something is there or not
>>
>>8136304
>video 10 minutes long
>2 minutes of intro music ZOOMING THROUGH SPACE
>1 minute of inane questions HAVE YOU EVER BECOME SOMEONE NEW?
>2 minutes out of context and irrelevant quotes THE TRICK TO LIFE IS TO LIVE IN THE MYSTERY
>finally get to title card ITS TIME TO GET WISE
>stupid inaccurate simplifications of "muh quantum uncertainty" SCIENCE SAYS WHAT HAPPENS WITHIN US CREATES WHAT HAPPENS OUTSIDE
>bullshit simplifications of soft"""""""science""""""" psychology WHAT IS BUBBLING UP TO CONSCIOUSNESS IS THE REALITY THAT IS MOST SELF SERVING
>WHEN YOU STUB YOUR TOE, YOUR TOE HURTS!!!!!
common guys, what's wrong with popsci? it's just getting people interested in science? :^)
>>
>>8136295
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyaEQEmt5ls
>>
>>8136304
I extend this: Anything with quantum computing, but especially retards claiming it will make strong AI possible
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 600x620
>>8138282
Fuck, this is a whole new level of cringe.
>>
>>8138282
It's pretty well known that England is a Germanic country. I'm 100% sure they used actors for that, nobody can initially be so stupid and then immediately be so fucking manipulatable.

F U C K G L O B A L I S M
>>
>>>/sci/catalog
>>
>>8138282
>"I'm super-proud of my country, I even think I'm better than others"
>This DNA test proves you have a background of mixed nationalities
>"I'll strt crying, now where's my paycheck?"

R E T A R D E D
>>
>>8136304
>>8138063
That is not pop-sci, that is pop-pseudosci.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.