[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /sci/ help me out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: panic.jpg (8 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
8 KB, 239x211
I'm doing Physics for the first time in 8 months and I have an exam tomorrow determining the future of my life.

I need to be tested on the following topics:

-Mechanics (projectile motion, momentum, forces, work+energy+power)
-Materials (density, stoke's law, hooke's law, pressure, young modulus, elastic strain energy)
-Thermodynamics (heating, molecular kinetic theory, ideal gas equation)
-Further Mechanics (impulse, kinetic energy of a non-relativistic particle, motion in a circle, centripetal force)
-Oscillations (simple harmonic motion, simple harmonic oscillator)

Please save me, I have 10 hours until the exam. Please respond with life-saving definitions / scenarios that you've remembered from high school and post em here.

Love you all. Thanks
>>
you can't learn that in 10 hours. give up.
if it determines the future of your life you should have thought about it in the previous 8 months.
>>
also: electricity (p.d, resistance, electrical power, energy and efficiency, resistivity, current)
>>
>>8134003
but I can. I can memorise the equations and definitions. I have pretty eidetic memory, its just I don't have the resources right now and don't have time to create them from creative sources
>>
>>8134003
I've done the maths exam and am very familiar with the way derivatives work in physics (i.e derivative of d = v, likewise of v = a)

Its not like I'm starting from an inexperienced position, I have some basic mechanics and electricity knowledge
>>
bump help
>>
>>8134006
Then pull an equation sheet of the internet.
>>
>>8134000
-Mechanics (projectile motion, momentum, forces, work+energy+power)
1h of study

-Materials (density, stoke's law, hooke's law, pressure, young modulus, elastic strain energy)
Another 1h of study

-Thermodynamics (heating, molecular kinetic theory, ideal gas equation)
Doable within 1h

-Further Mechanics (impulse, kinetic energy of a non-relativistic particle, motion in a circle, centripetal force)
30 mins

-Oscillations (simple harmonic motion, simple harmonic oscillator)
Since you mentioned simple it's 1h right here

You can do it in 10h, I learned the entire volume my Uni makes available on Linear ODEs and the one on solving them with Laplace Transforms.

Learn the intuitions, take notes of the formulas, do a couple of exercises in the end
>>
>>8134015
>I learned the entire volume my Uni makes available on Linear ODEs and the one on solving them with Laplace Transforms
In about 4 hours and I was getting pretty tired by the end of hour 2
>>
>>8134020
need to remember experiments too, any idea where I can get in-depth online resources from for these topics fully explained?
>>
>>8134022
khan academy
>>
>>8134022
>need to remember experiments too
That will take longer. Keep in mind it's not just about memory, you get very tired after a couple of hours of understanding and memorizing

>any idea where I can get in-depth online resources from for these topics fully explained?

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/8-01l-physics-i-classical-mechanics-fall-2005/lecture-notes/

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/8-333-statistical-mechanics-i-statistical-mechanics-of-particles-fall-2013/lecture-notes/

It's not all here though
>>
>>8134028
Thanks man, very useful.
>>
>>8134034
Don't forget to move quickly (those PDFs are very simple and there's a lot of them) and to take brakes
>>
>>8134040
Alright cool cool. My plan is to go over all the equations of the topics, get the base units in order and understand how they're derived, then develop on them with some knowledge from some notes.
>>
>>8134000
You're fucked, and I'm someone with first hand experience.

Anyways, you're fucked because not only do you need to know equations, you also need to know which equation to use when, and which derivation of which equation to use and when.
>>
>>8134000
Do you have a decent understanding of calculus and Newton's Axioms?
Then you can derive most of Mechanics and oscillations from the concept of movement effortlessly.
>>
>>8134000
So how'd you do, buckaroo?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.