[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I git gud at pic related? I'm struggling at Chapter 7 atm.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
How do I git gud at pic related? I'm struggling at Chapter 7 atm.
>>
>>8126731
If you haven't picked up an intro to proof book you should do that first.

Next you read Spivak, every chapter; you fully understand everything in the chapter. Then you do the problems. Repeat til you finish the last chapter.

Good luck
>>
>>8126770
already did a proofs book but this shit is still hard af
>>
It's ok, OP. I'm currently struggling with chapter 5.

>>8126770

Are you saying I should read ALL the chapters before trying to start the problems? Or do you mean I should just fully understand a chapter before starting that chapter's problem?
>>
>>8127014
You should re-read and attempt to clarify what precisely you don't understand in the chapter. A lot of his problems are proofs and require extended thinking. Don't drop everything and ask /sci/ or someone else if you can't figure it out. Figuring the proof out is a part of the learning process.
>>
>>8126810

not him but if you're having trouble then you might want to do something like pic related instead of jumping straight to Spivak.
>>
>>8127036
hold up that last link in the picture is wrong
>>
>>8127044
someone type the link pls

also shitty crop m8
>>
File: 8Chan prog CS Books Sticky.png (489 KB, 1903x1620) Image search: [Google]
8Chan prog CS Books Sticky.png
489 KB, 1903x1620
>>8127050
just removing the compsci stuff. Here's the full.

http://math.uga.edu/~pete/2400full.pdf
>>
>>8127060
What a bunch of garbage
>>
>>8127078
it's memey but I thought the beginning book suggestions were pretty good. That's why I cropped the rest out to begin with.
>>
>>8127060

I found the real link
http://www.math.harvard.edu/~shlomo/docs/Advanced_Calculus.pdf
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.