[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdl eRJd9YNY never would i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdleRJd9YNY

never would i thought that the based salamander khan himself would be this dank
>>
Well that was awful.
>>
>>8122772
The autism is off the charts.
Not even Khan Academy can teach you how to measure such levels of autism.
>>
How good is khan academy when it comes to science? I haven't done science since I've dropped out of high school and don't remember anything at all about science. Is it a good place for beginners when it comes to science?
>>
>>8122818

It's designed to get you through high school and public universities.

If you're in school, then watching the videos and doing practice questions/problems in your book will pretty much guarantee you an A.

If your goal is learning to develop your skills, then just watching the videos leaves a lot to be desired
>>
>>8122818
I'd stick to textbooks just do a ton of research on all the possible ones before you buy

but khan academy isn't bad he tried to make an effort to teach things intuitionally which schools certainly don't do
>>
File: 1461464153439.png (604 KB, 633x787) Image search: [Google]
1461464153439.png
604 KB, 633x787
>started on Khan Academy last week
>currently struggling with grade 5 fractions

At least it's easier today than compared to back then
>>
>>8122772
>Have to attend class because most professors take attendance
>Shitpost on 4chan from my laptop all class; pay zero attention
>Cram for tests two days before the test, puts assignments off for the last minute
>Consistent top 10% of my class

I'm either a genius or the average student is retarded
>>
>>8122880

Welcome to modern day western education.

The goal is to maximize profits by pushing as many special snowflakes through the system as possible.
>>
>>8122880
literally what I do; I took a statistics class which had computers in it. I remember reading about Marxism and dumb random Wikipedia shit online throughout the whole semester in class like a little edgelord and I was the only kid in the class that would read the book .. and I did it THE NIGHT before exams .. I got over 100% on every exam because the average exam score was like 40% and he curved it so much and my ~75% was the top score every time

all you have to do is nothing and then pull an allnighter
>>
>>8122891
This is excessively true.

also, where a student has a goal it is vocational training and that stands as the peak of intellectual merit.
Someone trying to learn something unknown - that would be a 100,000,000 to 1 improbability it seems like.
>>
>>8122905
Do you take any stimulants? I doubt that you can remember or focus if you pull a all-nighter with out them.
>>
>>8122880
>going to a shit uni
>wondering why the classes are geared towards retards
and then you'll be bitching about university prestige not mattering
>>
The pinnacle of modern day education..
>>
>>8122875
ikr bro me too XDDDD
i can do calculus but struggling with pre algebra fractions
>>
>>8122925
Not him but the guy he's replying to, adderall works wonders.
>>
>>8122925
just a single cup of coffee early in the night that I slowly sip and whatnot; which I did for all 4 exams including the final

it depends on the class but I can usually streamline 100-150 pages of the book over the whole night or whatnot it just depends on the class and what the teacher makes available maybe I don't read the book at all

like once you get over that initial hump of exhaustion you can stay up comfortably for the next 10-15 hours before you crash for 12 hours or so, in my experience

I don't find it hard to think or remember partially because I've been hammering the material for 10 hours straight until like 5 minutes before the exam and then I basically meditate by observing people around me and not thinking until he passes it out and then I just play a recognition game trying to mix and match whatever I remember it always works out for me somehow
>>
File: nNFWiX7.jpg (24 KB, 500x413) Image search: [Google]
nNFWiX7.jpg
24 KB, 500x413
>>8122946
>>8122925

For me, adderall/vyvanse never really worked as far as sitting down and learning/studying/doing work. I either go psycho and endlessly talk with literally anyone for hours, or just masturbate for an equally absurd amount of time. I'm guessing I either take too much, or should try doing it alone more. What do you guys think.

Adderall I take around 30-50mg, vyvanse I take up to like 80mg.
>>
>>8122962
I would just have some caffeine
but that's just me
>>
>>8122982
I sometimes take 200mg caffeine pills and the same thing happens lol. I guess I'm just a terrible procrastinator and drugs don't change that.
>>
>>8122875
This is a joke, right?
>>
>>8122772
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xbIS2UkQxI

More of the based Salamander Khan A+ voice acting.
>>
>>8123685

poor khan he has finally lost it. i bet the pressure with money from bill gates and all that got to him.
>>
What the fuck

I was just about to sign up to relearn all the things I've forgotten, but these videos are cringe worthy
>>
>>8123714
OP here.

I'm doing the Early Math section and his videos are pretty good desu. These videos are a rarity and the course is designed for children so it makes sense for them to be cringe-worthy.
>>
>>8122818
The fact that you can't just check yourself by watching a few videos tells me there is no hope for you
>>
>>8123724
Why are you even watching the videos?

I just checked some of them to see the exercises. You don't need to waste your time watching the videos (unless you're watching them for your children or something, which I doubt).
>>
>>8122942
Mine's actually pretty-well respected, at least for the program I'm in
>>
>>8122942
this
>>
>>8122880

If you were a genius you wouldn't be stuck like a rat in a sinking ship posting on 4chan in lectures you massive cuck.
>>
>>8122818
you use these for the lecture portion of courses
khan academy
patrickjmt
mit ocw

you get a standard text book for hw problems, this is a must as you need to be able to do the same types of problems people in college do
these guys helped me a lot tons of stuff
https://www.youtube.com/user/nptelhrd/playlists
>>
>>8123785
I just finished high school and I want to review my entire mathematics from the ground up before I start college.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.