[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1) Are economics and anthropology the hardest or "most legitimate"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1464824815660.jpg (68 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1464824815660.jpg
68 KB, 1600x1600
1) Are economics and anthropology the hardest or "most legitimate" of the social or soft sciences.
2) What makes a social science "harder"?
3) Why do sociology and psychology degrees attract so many brainlets?
>>
>>8122111
it is not about how hard they are, its about how useful they are, modern economics its game ruled by jews an modern civilizations can grow up without anthropology.
>>
>>8122119
0/10
>>
OP here, related article: The Verdict Is in: Sociology and Political Science Deserve the Hatchet

http://freakonomics.com/2012/07/12/the-verdict-is-in-sociology-and-political-science-deserve-the-hatchet/
>>
I really dont get why psychology gets all the burn. Its a really important and useful topic, regardless of how hard or easy it is, and in fact many ordinary people benefit widely from having a psychiatrist ...
>>
>>8122195
Okay psych maybe isn't bad but it's certainly soft.
>>
>>8122211
I can agree with that...
>>
>>8122195
>regardless of how hard or easy it is,
easy isn't the opposite of hard
>>
>>8122111

They are not sciences.
>>
>>8122241
Difficult or simple*

Happy?
>>
>>8122195
>Its a really important and useful topic
It's really no different from religion.
unfalsifiable, faith-based
passively accepted by the masses, fervently supported by a handful of ultra-faithful
opiate for the masses
every brand is different, yet all insist they're the "one true faith"
>>
>>8122283
What you are saying would also dismiss neuroscience, which is heavily based on "real" science (chemistry, biology...)
>>
>>8122299
>What you are saying would also dismiss neuroscience, which is heavily based on "real" science (chemistry, biology...)
>>8122283
>fervently supported by a handful of ultra-faithful

As you point out, neuroscience is heavily based on chemistry and biology.
Yet psychology isn't.
>>
OP here. What is the hardest social/soft science. To get the thread rerailed.
>>
>>8122283
WOW U ARE SO 3DGY SUMMERFAG
>>
>>8122283
>opiate for the masses
ouch.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.