[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's so strange to be going trough 1st grade to high school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: maths-ftr.jpg (144 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
maths-ftr.jpg
144 KB, 1240x775
It's so strange to be going trough 1st grade to high school math with khanacademy to prep for uni.
It's been 5 years since i went to school and i also find all these small holes in my math knowledge which is interesting.

Is anyone else prepping for the upcoming semester?
>>
>>8117477

i did just what you did. it helps a lot, also its interesting to see how easy all this stuff is when you are older. so why even learn it over 8 years as a kid. when you can do the same over 3 months as a grownup.
>>
>>8117477
Trying to prep for uni over the next months but havent started yet. Had a 5 year break from school and all those math skills are almost gone.Trying to learn programming math and maybe some biology and chemistry.

What degree do you wanna pursue OP ?
>>
>>8117514
pure mathermatics
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 800x800
>>8117514
Pick one, probably math, and just stick with it. If you finish early, then you can move on and maybe pick up some programming, but don't half-ass your way through a bunch of subjects. Once your math is strong, everything else will be easy.
>>
>>8117514
I want to do computer engineering, but the first year is like a prep for calculus stuff i believe...
>>
>>8117526
Sounds like a good idea. Thanks
>>
>>8117528
But i feel kinda stressed out, because i really started to slack off and don't care at all when i was 14-17 so the worst part is there probably.
I just don't know if i have the time.

I do believe that if i put in the effort when i first start my year i will at least pass no matter what.
I don't know if that is naive or a fact tho.
I don't even know how the math there is yet, but everything just seems so more simple now compared to 2012. It seems so much easier to get information and help on the internet.
Again, it might just be my positive mind tricking me.
>>
>>8117537
It's incredibly difficult to fail most classes if you put in SOME effort.
It can be difficult to do well in pure math. Or it can not be. Depends on how strong your skills are.
>>
>>8119371
I'm very weak at it, but i'm putting so much effort into it now to '' fill my holes''
>>
You'd be surprised how many holes there are. Most people have several holes in their math learning because schools don't usually go through the whole text book or, worse, they only focus on the keep things that are are standardized tests.

So that said, things get lost in the shuffle. I already have been through Calc 2 and am very good with math but I was surprised to find going back through Khan Academy that there were gaps I didn't even know existed. Just little things here and there that I never learned or was taught.
>>
I'm doing the same thing OP kek. Math was always difficult for me growing up so I just chalked it up to me being dumb, thus stopped trying. I got to Algebra 2 in high school and passed with a C+. Went to college for music for a couple years before dropping out. Now I'm going back after 4 years, but this time for biology/premed. Math is easy as fuck now. I forgot all the bad habits I had, and I'm just relearning it with actual drive. It's fantastic
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.