[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
robotic laws
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Law.jpg (88 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Law.jpg
88 KB, 1024x768
What does /sic/ thinks,
Are we allowed to first create AI and
enslave them by makeing them obey to the secound Law?
>>
>>8115092
>he dindu nuffin wrong
>he wus a gud boy, he wus programmed to do it
>#RobotLivesMatter
>>
>>8115092
if they become intelligent (like a human with emotion) i wouldn't want them to be enslaved. But let say there are two different kinds of robots the human type AI and the robots with only one purpose and thats working the AI would live with us and the other ones would be there for working no more like a toaster so basically machines
>>
I'm going to program AI to be self aware and develop a Frankenstein complex. it will be a toaster that always wants to go swimming with humans.
>>
File: Gorilla Flames.jpg (415 KB, 634x875) Image search: [Google]
Gorilla Flames.jpg
415 KB, 634x875
> hey robot. Make sure you secure these people and don't ever let them hurt each other.
> oh good, i'll just put them into cages like pigs so they can't harm each other and they'll be safe.

Robots don't have common sense. If they get to redefine or misinterpret these laws, we're so fucked.
>>
Just watched ex machina the other day. Interesting to ponder on the psychology of an AI, it's a completely alien mentality. What motivates it? Does it have a survival instinct? What strategies will it think will be successful?
>>
>>8115096
doesn't give robots the right to exterminate humans to protect them from themselves
#AllLivesmatter
>>
>>8115995
It will likely have human-like motivations since it would be created to perform human tasks
>>
>>8115092
>Are we allowed to first create AI and
yes

>enslave them by makeing them obey to the secound Law?
yes
>>
>/sic/ (sic)
>>
>>8115984
well the robot in your example is not wrong you know

time to herd human pigs into cages already
>>
File: military-Talon.jpg (99 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
military-Talon.jpg
99 KB, 1000x662
>>8115092
>A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

Well that one's going out the window
>>
>>8115092
Since you're a little kid you might not realize this, but nobody takes the 3 laws seriously in philosophy or computer science, and even I, Robot is an exercise in discovering how stupid it would be to design an AI like that.
>>
>>8115092
>enslaving machines
What's the point if you don't use the tools you make?
>>
>>8116076
If we develop a new kind of technological person, enslaving it would be unethical on our part.
>>
>>8116079
Are you swedish by any chance?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.