[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm taking differential equations next semester and I started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 4chan5.jpg (2 KB, 125x82) Image search: [Google]
4chan5.jpg
2 KB, 125x82
I'm taking differential equations next semester and I started to watch lectures on it so I can prepare myself. The problem is that I have no source of practice problems and I'm not really learning as much as I'd like. I went to my local library and they had a pitiful selection of math books and there was nothing about differential equations there.

Does anyone know some good places to find diff eq practice problems?
>>
>>8114132
try http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-03sc-differential-equations-fall-2011/

introductory ODEs is a bullshit class by the way, only thing worth learning is the laplace transform
>>
>>8114132
If you want help with your homework, go to /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

If you guys spent as much time trying to take over /wsr/ as you do here, you might be happy.
>>
>>8114137
Thank you! That really helps a lot!
>>8114163
Can you read?
>>
>>8114163
Who the fuck is this shitlord spamming the shit out of every thread without even reading them?
>>
>>8114137
Depends on your major I guess. Depends on your major. Even at that, the Laplace Transform is stupid easy.
>>
>>8114132
here is a book

http://golibgen.io/view.php?id=875469
>>
>>8114132
>I went to my local library and they had a pitiful selection of math books
If you're in a differential equations course you're going to a university, I assume.

Why can't you get a textbook from your university library?
>>
Dude good fucking luck.

I took Diff Eq this past semester. Material wasn't difficult but I didn't have a good professor and couldn't find a good book. Consequently I spent hours studying different books.

Differential Equations by Stroud will help you with the computations and steps, but not with the theory. It's honestly a great book.

Otherwise Jiri Lebl's DE was decent. Especially the section on Non-Linear Systems. The PDF of it is free online.

Stay the fuck away from Boyce and Diprima. It has some decent parts, but it's mostly shit.
>>
How is Howard Anton for linear algebra? Anyone? Anybody? Hello?

Hi?
>>
>>8114132
Schaum's outline for diffeq has loads of questions.
>>
>>8114132
I wouldn't worry about it bro it is a very simple class. Nothing you should really have to pre-prepare for.
>>
>>8114132
>Does anyone know some good places to find diff eq practice problems?

Schaum's Outline Series....
For just $12 or so you will get hundreds of practice problems with answers.
>>
>>8114132
khan academy
patrickjmt
mit ocw

all these have full online ode courses if you need extra help
>>
unfortunately diff. eqs are mostly plug and chug. I am glad I took that course while back because I doubt I could get through so much boring calculations.
>>
>>8114484
This. Pick up the recommended text for the course. OP is retarded
>>
Unless you're in a l33t uni, it's going to be a gauntlet of algebra consisting of just factoring and determinants. It's boring as fuck.

Pick up a schaum's outline and do all the problems. Just bang them out and you'll do fine.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.