[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we respond to music and what's its purpose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: scared cop.jpg (133 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
scared cop.jpg
133 KB, 720x960
Why do we respond to music and what's its purpose?
>>
>2GOMAD

has fitness gone too far ?
>>
>>8113274
stay on topic plz
>>
with that much milk he won't even need a bulletproof vest
>>
>>8113270
Our brain likes patterns. Patterned sound gives us orgasms cuz the brain picks them up so easily.

Try listening to discordant melodies and watch as people get mad

>e.g. why we like symmetry
>>
>>8113324
>mfw watching people listen to something in the Locrian mode for the first time.

It's fantastic.
>>
>>8113270
Get out of here troll.
>>
>People only do GOMAD
>Not doing SS+GOMAD

Enjoy your nogainz.
>>
File: 1464630320919.jpg (412 KB, 1500x700) Image search: [Google]
1464630320919.jpg
412 KB, 1500x700
>>8113270
The higher your IQ, the less you unwillingly "respond" to music, yet you are able to learn it, produce it, differentiate pitches with ease etc. It serves a tribal, hedonistic, monkey tier purpose as far as I can tell. It can be used for the Good if the people are smart enough.

A more advanced analysis is: music works like a language to us, we associate meaning and reference and then perform sequences of references. So you respond to it just like I am responding to your original post now.
>>
>>8114108
>It serves a tribal, hedonistic, monkey tier purpose
Thank you for posting this. I came to say the same. Music is a memetic virus intended to keep down the people and stop them from evolving into true human beings. Music is the epitome of anti-intellectualism. This is why primitive people (e.g. women) let their worthless life revolve around music while being unable to pursue higher values. Music is the denial of all achievements of human civilization. It puts us back into stone age, makes us apes again who only respond to materialistic stimulation. I cannot stop myself from feeling intense disgust and contempt when I'm on the bus and are ear-raped by the cacophonic noises emanating from some shallow slutty cunt's earphones.
>>
Music is God's tool to communicate with us.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.