[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you're good with numbers, why don't you get into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: wolf.jpg (20 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
wolf.jpg
20 KB, 485x303
If you're good with numbers, why don't you get into stock trading? You can be the rainman of wall street!
>>
>>8104363
I am
>>
>>8104363
Gratz
>>
File: wee.jpg (188 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
wee.jpg
188 KB, 1600x1000
>>8104364
Really? How much do you make?
>>
>>8104371
300k starting
>>
>>8104363
I made so much money on the stock market that in the end I lost 1/12 of a dollar.
>>
>>8104363
Computers control the stock market
>>
>>8104385
And Physics PhDs control those computers.

Or at least the one guy from that one company who did that one documentary was a Physics PhD.

It is mainly mathematicians, and the first one to do it was a mathematician.
>>
>>8104397
Yea, and the computers make all the decisions nearly instantly, its a bullshit system that prevents people from actually intervening and preventing market fuckups that impacts people below upperclass
>>
>>8104377
underrated
>>
>>8104397
the main ideas are developed by algo / hft quants aka math / physics and statistics PhDs but they could never implement their system without proper coders and computer scientists. There is a reason everyone in that business first and foremost looks for a C++ / AI implementation wizard
>>
Because money is a meaningless goal. All the greatest scientists and all the greatest contributors to society were not greedy men. Einstein was no millionaire, nor was Pasteur or Salk.

Do you know what the world legacy means?
>>
>>8104375
>300k starting
i'm all memed out for today, thank you
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.