[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be some modern theoretical applications of a gravitational
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: skalnin.jpg (45 KB, 532x450) Image search: [Google]
skalnin.jpg
45 KB, 532x450
What would be some modern theoretical applications of a gravitational canceler, being reproduced like Ed Leedskalnin created? He used it to move giant stones and balance them on their center of gravity, such as a four-ton door that was destroyed in the 80's when scientists tried to study it.

In one of his Readings, Edgar Cayce, when asked how the broken axehead floated in the story of Elijah, said that the building blocks for the Pyramid of Giza, were lifted up by the same power. He said that we would discover the secret in the year '68, but since Leedskalnin discovered the secret some years earlier, I always took it to mean 2068.

However, that was then, this is now. I'm wondering whether we have advanced enough to put such a device to any good use.
>>
>>8102142
>He used it to move giant stones and balance them on their center of gravity, such as a four-ton door that was destroyed in the 80's when scientists tried to study it.

That seems like the most astonishingly pointless way to use such a device conceivable. I conclude that he must be a fraud on the basis of that alone, because nobody so spectacularly unimaginative could possibly have invented such a device.

Possible uses for canceling gravity include fundamentally revolutionizing the entire transportation and construction industries, colonizing the solar system with garage budgets and bringing in an age of unlimited free energy and material abundance, the many possibilities of zero-gravity manufacturing that are currently kept off-limits by the prohibitive cost of space launch, and also breaking the laws of conservation of energy and momentum depending on how exactly the device is claimed to work.
>>
>>8102204
Seriously, it's on the level of "advanced aliens traveling hundreds of light-years to make weird patterns in cornfields" or "man-sized quantum tunnel through physical space, with possible application as a shower curtain."
>>
>>8102142
he never said anything about antigravity he just said he copied the egyptian levers and ramps. his electromagnetic ramblings were completely unrelated
>>
>>8102142
If you can levitate pebbles with it, even if it takes KW of power to do so, it has applications. IE simulating microgravity and containerless processing. Containerless processing has applications that make $$$$$$.

This guy is either an idiot or a fraud. But muh repressed technology you say? If you fly said antigravity device through manhattan in front of thousands of people, 'they' won't be able to repress it.
>>
>>8102204
I forgot to mention that the door was a a rotating and could be pushed open with a pinky.

It used a coke bottle cap as an axis (as "scientists" discovered when they took it apart).
>>
>>8102287
To him, everything was run by electromagnetic energy. There was no other force. He acknowledged atoms, but said they were made of tinier magnets; and photons and electrons were misleading names for them, because their charges could be changed as with any magnet.

As an example he cites the way the muscles in your hand contract if you hold a wire with electricity crossing through it.

>>8102447
Perhaps, my OP is a big misleading. I made it broad hoping I could get more suggestions. Basically, his perpetual motion-holder would tilt gravity in the direction he wanted. So it exists, but is redirected.
>>
>>8102142
>such as a four-ton door that was destroyed in the 80's when scientists tried to study it.
It was 8 tons, it broke due to the truck bearing it rested on rusting away, and scientists never studied the door. Nice job at swallowing whole some quack's made up story and not researching anything on your own. It's just levers you idiot.
>>
>>8102881
Doomsday device, cancel out suns gravity of something big, fly away from sun, uncancel gravity, aim at earth, destroy all life on earth.
>>
>>8102924
It was nine tons actually.

>While in Florida City around 1923 Leedskalnin named his creation Rock Gate Park after a nine-ton gate he constructed (3). It was made from a block of limestone perfectly balanced so it can be pushed open with ease (9).
>In July of 1986 it was removed after suddenly failing to operate. The engineers from the University of Florida discovered a hole had been drilled down the center of the block.
>A metal shaft was inserted through the hole and rested on a truck bearing. In order to do this repair it required an 18-20 ton crane to lift the gate off the original truck bearing which had rusted causing the failure (2).

Ok, so you're right. We got the chronological order of events wrong.

Still, that doesn't change the fact that it can't be replicated by modern technology.
>>
>>8103049
How does redirecting the sun's gravity make it any less heavy to drag?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.