[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the hardest field of science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 0ZZ8OKy.jpg (791 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0ZZ8OKy.jpg
791 KB, 1920x1080
alright /sci/ what do you guys think the hardest field of science is?
>>
File: gtz6cfZ.jpg (39 KB, 556x393) Image search: [Google]
gtz6cfZ.jpg
39 KB, 556x393
ontology
>>
Even though no one on 4chan will believe me, I'd say likely astrophysics or some similar theoretical-driven field. Obtaining my doctorates was so satisfying, but god did I feel stressed. In my class, I saw people that were so smart that I couldn't believe it.

Maybe even neuroscience?
>>
Engineering
>>
>>8101899
Hardest field? Weirdly enough I'd say deep sea biology. Fuck taking samples I'd rather die.
>>
>>8102020
kek
>>
benis :DD
>>
Quantum cryptology/algorithms

That's just a guess from what I've seen. I only have a bachelors in math and CS
>>
>>8101899
social sciences .into physics myself and in physics you can do experiments , do measurements , know what of the experiment you can generalize and what you cannot .

i couldn't even begin to think of a way to check any statement whatsoever in a way you can generalize in the same way physical laws are generalized from experiment .
even if you could magically extract data directly out of all humans alive you still dont get general rules only rules that apply to these specific people in these specific environments and cultures .

this is perfectly reflected in the state of the field .physics is great because you know where to go to advance out knowledge .while the harder social sciences is in shambles because you cant even begin to do any solid science .
>>
>>8102066
Just decide what conclusion you want the data to reach and use P-hacking to do it.
>>
>>8101899
Gender Studies
Its hard not to become retarded, therefore the hardest
>>
>>8101899
your mom
>>
>>8102159
what if you're already retarded tho
>>
your mom.
>>
>>8102025
im going to college next year for marine bio. im really looking forward to it
>>
>nobody's mentioned biology yet
what happened /sci/
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.