[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is some adaptive form of autism going to be the next phase of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: fool's luck fim.jpg (31 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
fool's luck fim.jpg
31 KB, 460x276
Is some adaptive form of autism going to be the next phase of human evolution?
>>
Artists don't reproduce. Only Chad and Tyrone do. Welcome to dysgenics. If von Neumann was born in China today he would have been cloned many times over. But the west believes in cucked equality so our civilization will basically become Brazil.
>>
I've wondered about if you took people with Down Syndrome and kept having them reproduce with one another, if it would eventually come to a stable and relatively healthy population. What sort of time scale and probabilities would be involved for a reasonable outcome, or do the means exist at all.
>>
>>8101399
That's also my assessment, right down to the Brazil comparison.

But do autists really believe in anything outside their personal space? Communal living is complete hell for them. They tend to agree with leftism because they know it hurts Chad, but in practice they are aloof. Aloofness plus money equals Brazilian style elitism, even if the autists aren''t snotty about it.
>>
>>8101399
>"Chad and Tyrone"
>"cucked equality"
Not the majority only the minority
>>
>>8101419
The minority who decides what is right and what is wrong. Read some Bourdieu.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>
>>8101398
Judging by where society is going, the next step seems to be extinction. Possible hyperbole from reading too much news.
>>
it's not really possible to predict human evolution anymore, except on very small timescales (which evolution DOES happen on.)
We might have observed frequencies of autism increasing in the US, but it is unknown what may be causing it - a difference in diagnosis, the presence of metals or plastics chemicals in our environment during pregnancy and childhood - a society that has greater amount of technology, or something else - many non-genetic things could be responsible for it.

As we go into the future, I can see it only taking a couple generations before genetic modification starts to play a big role in human evolution. At that point, the direction things go in could be determined by decisions at the policy level, which could be hard to predict.
>>
>>8101632
I think that if autism frequency continues to increase, and a larger portion of new children start to identify as being on the autism spectrum, then high-functioning autistic behaviors might become something that society orients itself around more and more.
if abortions are easy to access, then that means that sex below age 20 might be insignificant to the population's evolution.

Assuming that, through things like tumblr and social media, more autistic people are able to find relationships and reproduce at a good frequency, I can see the spread of an adaptive form of autism becoming common among the populace.
>>
>>8101398
Without including the use of genetic engineering of humans, then no. The biological fitness value of autists or "adaptive" autists is very low since they don't often reproduce, therefore ensuring that they will never be the next phase of evolution. But that doesn't matter much because we will soon be cloning perfect humans in a few decades from now, so w/e.
>>
>>8101632
I did say an adaptive form of autism. It seems to me that it has never been as easy to be autistic as it is today.

I don't believe autism is "increasing," exactly. That implies it is acquired.
I believe there are fewer pressures against the genes involved.
Higher survival rate of sickly infants might also allow more dubious genes to come to the surface, and autism is surely dubious in reproductive value. But it also means there is more chance of an adaptive genetic strain of autism emerging from the sickly generations.

There are cave fish that lost their eyes because they no longer needed them. This was surely maladaptive or sickly at first, but as their environment selected from the new, badly-seeing fish, an adaptive form of blindness emerged along with enhancement of senses of more use in a pitch black cave.

I believe autists will eventually produce a generation like this. A breed of human that can only survive in cities, but also thrives in them.
>>
>>8101664
>be cloning perfect humans in a few decades from now
Why are people so ill-informed on this particular issue (human cloning and genetic engineering) and sentient AI/AI in general? It seems like everyone and their dog predicts that an unprecedented scientific advancement will just happen so quickly because they constantly see movies about it.
>>
>>8101411
People with down syndrome are sterile
>>
>>8101801
This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read.
>adaptive autism
Just kill yourself
>>
>>8101903
Do you have anything to say, or did you just want to express your feelings?

Supposedly that's good for the heart, guess I can't fault you for being conscientious about that.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.