[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say by some freak miracle that all the world's nations became
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: lottery.jpg (256 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lottery.jpg
256 KB, 1280x720
Say by some freak miracle that all the world's nations became best buddies.
All war ended, all military closed down and the budget put into science and social research.

What would the world look like after a year?
>>
>>8093942
>all military closed down

We'd have a huge surplus of burger-flippers, low-end wages would fall.
The increase in welfare spending would further politically divide the U.S.

>and the budget put into science and social research.
STEM job crisis ends, but the extra research mostly goes into stuff with marginal returns.
>>
>>8093946
>STEM job crisis ends

There's a worldwide STEM job crisis?
>>
>>8093952
h1b Pajeet outsourcing crisis
>>
>>8093942
>give viable nuclear weapon technology to all nations that want it
>watch as everyone is forced to solve problems through diplomacy and peace ensues

wake up people
>>
>>8093960
>>give viable nuclear weapon technology to all nations that want it
>give viable nuclear weapon technology to the Middle East, where ISIS can get their hands on nuclear weapons
>Watch as everyone is forced to solve problems through diplomacy and peace ensues

Bright idea, anon.
>>
>>8093967
are you trying to mock me somehow? There are people who do not share your principles, get over it. That's the whole point. There are always two sides. You decide what's good. But they also think they're doing something good.
Why are you more right than they are (not talking about butchering people, but ideologically)

As I said, you could just nuke them.
>>
>>8093942

Some power hungry guy would scrap up the lowest people who are not content with their life, start a revolution an become the dictator of the world. Who's gonna stop him
>>
>>8093957

>DESIGNATED
>>
>>8093983
Not him, but you sound rather incoherent.
He's worried that giving everyone nukes will result in some radical group using them.
Your holier than thou attitude doesn't address his concerns at all.
And this?
>>8093983
>As I said, you could just nuke them.
Is this sarcasm, or are you having trouble putting your thoughts together in a coherent package?
>>
>>8093942
By the principle of the selfish gene, that is only possible if mankind no longer exists.

So to answer your question - it would look pretty much the same one year after.
>>
If the borders were to persist, there would soon be an other kind of warfare fought, all the indirect non confrontative forms of hybrid warfare which have developed over the last century.
If it were full cooperation globally there would probably some kind of yet unimaginably powerful central government stand in the middle of it all.
It would come down to the way peace were made. If it's a pure hypothetical the effect of it would probably be as difficult to forecast as to define the cause of peace.
>>
>>8094755
government *standing
>>
>>8094025
Isnt ait a selfish thing to not want to die? For example i dont want to die and i want my life to be better then it is now. And i think it is logical, that if science move on, and if there is no wars, then i get, what i want.

So it is possible, we just need to convince people, that they want pieceful and scientific world, couse it will give them and their children a better tomorrow. There is nothing against human nature here. And you can allways let them express anger in some sort of very belivable VR-game. Easy world piece.
>>
>>8094773
With pieceful world, do you mean a world in pieces as in borders? I like that. Lets keep that. Don't elimimate the selector.
>>
>>8094810
Well, i really though a lot about that and came up with the feeling that its almost impossible for now to make a world without borders without doing couple of genocides (whitch i dont want to happen), so i will go with just a world without wars.

Probably if we would have some sort of illumitani who controls all the countries without people of that countries knowing about them, and that guys keep a world piece, i whould mind that. You keep borders, couse it can help to control stuff, but you also keep people from starting to kill each other incontrollably (or with control of some stupid government, who think that it can decide who should live and who should not). So i want there to be reall illuminati who actually care about world and not about themselves.
>>
>>8093942
Depends lf everyone is unified in mind as to some particular realities of life...
Then we would have people working round the clock to explore space and mine resources together...
We would likely expand throughout the galaxy mining planet to planet.
Then we would encounter an alien race at some point or other... possibly...
>>
>>8093942
Brazil is best pals with literally everyone in the Western Hemisphere yet they still spend on a large military. Think about that.
>>
>>8093983
jokes aside, I think ISIS would be pretty okay with nuking whatever's close to it, no matter what the consequences are, whereas the point of nuclear dissuasion is to put everyone at peace.
>>
>>8094867
>illuminati
Selector for a more pure kind of idiocy. I'm out.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.