[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What percentage of the planet's relative gravity is do to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: earthcore.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1343) Image search: [Google]
earthcore.jpg
579 KB, 1920x1343
What percentage of the planet's relative gravity is do to the fact that the planet is spinning? What percentage less would we feel if the planet was stationary?
>>
>>8093425
Standard gravity is inferred directly from the density of the earth at given points. This isn't the 19th century any more senpai, we don't use pendula to measure g. So if you were to drop a particle it would undergo an accelerating less than g because of the coriolis force.
>>
>>8093425
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_of_Earth

Check out the part in apparent gravity. It also varies by a little bit depending on your distance from the earth's axis of rotation.
>>
>>8093459
>>8093461
Also, the percentage would be pretty small, considering the force of gravity is dependent on the mass of the Earth, while the centripetal force is dependent on your mass (or whatever you're measuring) which will be quite a lot smaller than Earth.
>>
>>8093425
9.81 m/s^2 is all you need to know, after that the rest follows naturally. It reminds me of the Pythagorean Theorem and how altitude is related to velocity (Ep = mgh)
>>
>>8093461
No don't you understand the rate of acceleration of pi on Jupiter affects Earth in a vector scalar quantity? The true equation is Em=Ek+Ep, that is, mgh+1/2mv^2
>>
>>8093459
All objects accelerate 10x faster than g if they have a density of 69.666 m/s^3.
>>
>>8093475
Good point anon. Are you published?
>>
>>8093489
I'm working on my PhD in astrophysics right now. My doctorate thesis is going to be on how the formula of elongation (E=ghd^12) and the Ribalovski Waves prove that the world is, indeed, flat.
>>
>>8093496
Ahhhh I see. When will we be able to set up colonies on Mars?
>>
>>8093499
The fifteenth principle of the law of thermodynamics, that is, "Apply heat to space and time will burn with it", is being applied to interstellar travel. We plan on ripping the fabric of space open with a boron laser, which will rip open time and space. Then we can move to and fro without friction stopping us. Francesco Redi's vision will finally be met.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.