[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been out of the loop for a while now. What happened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: meme.jpg (22 KB, 479x307) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
22 KB, 479x307
I've been out of the loop for a while now. What happened to the EM drive?
>>
>>8073787
dead meme
>>
>>8073787
It became a meme.
>>
>>8073787
And on the third post it will rise a meme once again.
>>
>>8073802
So sayeth we all
>>
>>8073787
The meme that was supposed to fulfill us. The meme that was to be, but never was. The meme to end all memes.

But alas; the meme is dead.

Tl;Dr the hype is gone and probably rightfully so. Doesn't stop the slight flicker of hope I have though
>>
Eagleworks later announced a plan to upgrade their equipment to higher power levels, use vacuum-capable RF amplifiers with power ranges of up to 125 W and to design a new tapered cavity analytically determined to be in the 0.1 N/kW range. The test article will be subjected to independent verification and validation at Glenn Research Center, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.
>>
>>8074356
They said this a year ago, pal. Face it, it's a meme.
>>
>>8074378
>whoa it's taking you more than a day to analyze this projects data! must be a meme!

stop being a retard. people like you would have said heavier than air flight is impossible.
>>
>>8074385
>people like you would have said heavier than air flight is impossible.
And the memes just keep on coming...
>>
>>8073787
They couldn't turn it off and now it's still speeding up in the vicinity of Jupiter.
>>
>>8073787
There's a falsifiable hypothesis that it operates based on the principle of Unruh radiation, which is a consequence of relativity.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/601299/the-curious-link-between-the-fly-by-anomaly-and-the-impossible-emdrive-thruster/
>>
>>8074400
>If photons have inertial mass...

Well we can call it falsified already then.
>>
I honestly don't understand why someone hasn't built one of these and send it up into space to be tested. Given that the device is apparently quite small wouldn't it be comparatively easy for a curious party to Simply take the step of putting the thing into orbit and turning it on and seeing if it changes the orbital inclination of the device.
>>
File: 1459888155744.jpg (7 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1459888155744.jpg
7 KB, 250x187
>>8074385
>first line of rhetoric defense is a "people once thought X was impossible too!"-post
top kek
>>
>>8073787
http://www.sciencealert.com/the-em-drive-still-producing-mysterious-thrust-after-another-round-of-nasa-tests
>>
>>8074414
They did though
>>
>>8074478
I bet you money that is the pro-hoverboard guy.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.