[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a legit move? Or is this app I downloaded a piece of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-05-11-19-37-57.png (160 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-11-19-37-57.png
160 KB, 720x1280
Is this a legit move? Or is this app I downloaded a piece of worthless shit?
>>
>>8067432
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_passant
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_passant

>>/sp/ or >>/tg/
>>
>>8067438
Yeah, I headed to /tg/ first but literally the first thread I saw was about a game called Gang Rape.

So I figured /sci/ would be a better source.

Thanks on the wiki articule btw.
>>
>>8067435
>>8067438
lmao that's still not a legit move, too late in the game for it. retards lmao
>>
>>8067465
It's legal if the captured piece moved forward two squares on the prior turn.
>>
>>8067465
>too late in the game for it

>mfw there are people this retarded on /sci/
>mfw i have no face
>>
>>8067432
Yes, then its checkmate
>>
>>8067457
>Yeah, I headed to /tg/ first but literally the first thread I saw was about a game called Gang Rape.

Must be some kind of normie, why even come here?
>>
>>8067549
looks like the king could just capture the pawn
>>
>>8067677
wrong. the queen is defending it
>>
>>8067699
The pawn would move to the left of the king if he took the black pawn, wait, ya, black pawn would be gone
>>
>>8067432
Yes this is a 100% legal move as long as that black pawn just moved from (G,7) to (G,5) and the move and you are playing (H,5) to (H,6) is right after. Don't listen to these noobs
>>
>>8067432
The funny thing here is that the en passant move is legal if the opposing pawn you want to capture has moved two squares, but it must be made clear in the puzzle that it has done so. I don't see any indication in the pic that the black pawn has moved two squares. Was black's move highlighted in the puzzle?
>>
>>8067465

And this is where wr know you bait.
It's a bad bait thread anyway if your entire thread is just invalidated by the first post
>>
>>8067432
use Lichess. best chess app out there
>>
>>8067432
Forget
>h5xg6 ep

why not...
>Qxg5!, Kh7
>Qg7#
>>
>>8068332
oops didn't see that Rook.
>h5xg6 ep
is winning move as this anon said >>8067549
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.