[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I get the concept of "hypercube", but I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Tesseract.gif (491 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Tesseract.gif
491 KB, 256x256
I think I get the concept of "hypercube", but I can't completely understand it or mentally visualize it mentally.

Can you?
>>
>>8057591
>mentally visualize it mentally
Oh gawd, forgive me anons.
>>
>>8057591
yes, I can
>>
>>8057591
>Can you?
yes. if you can't, then either you don't understand what 'visualization' means in dimensions greater than 3, or you don't understand the 'concept'.
>>
>>8057591

you can visualize anything in a projective space. it's not hard.
>>
>>8057591
I fall down when I try to visualise an eight dimensional object, but I can handle one in four dimensions
>>
>>8057604
>>8057621
>>8058045
>>8058359

Can you describe a four dimensional object as seen in four dimensions? Every time I listen to someone talk about it they always describe it in the second or third dimension using a shadow analogy.
>>
>>8058383
If you consider the fourth dimension to be time then I suppose you could say a four dimensional object is like a three dimensional object that can also move along a time axis

To do this it needs to be able to "slide" through itself, much like a square can "slide" through itself in the third dimension to form a cube as it's projection in three dimensions.
>>
>>8058383
2 manipulatable cubes that are proportionately linked to each other so that if you were to pinch one cube flat between your finger and thumb, the other cube would expand to the size of the universe is contained in.

They also rotate together and translate together intrinsically, and their centers are always overlapping.

This is a hypercube
>>
>>8057591
why do you need visualization?
>>
>>8057591
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s4TqVAbfz4
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.