[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we our brains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: UfVwPCz.png (73 KB, 290x200) Image search: [Google]
UfVwPCz.png
73 KB, 290x200
Are we our brains?
>>
>>8053518
No, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.
>>
I am the whole universe, discovering and experiencing myself.
Since the universe is so large, my exploratory organ is limited in the way it can experience the rest of my body.
>>
>>8053523
So what happens after we die? Are we integrated into the consciousness of the whole universe?

Is there a chance that trillions of years from now, the same consciousness I have today will exist again, possibly with no memories of now?
>>
File: Professor Hicks.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Professor Hicks.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>8053523

"Heres Tom with the Weather."
>>
>>8053518

No

I am pure energy
One moment
I am this feeling
and purpose
>>
I am getting a huge "Tool" vibe from this thread and its making me saucy
>>
>>8053523
How much acid did you take?
>>
>>8053523
Fuck off indigo child
>>
>>8053523
This idea makes me happy. How I wish.
>>
>>8053518
We are our nervous system, the brain is just one small part, but neurons are spread out all over the rest of your nervous system as well, not just the brain.
>>
'we' are a signal being transmitted into our physical brain from the godhead
>>
I have a legitimate question,
why do I know where my thoughts are.
Why do I feel like my presence is in my head?
If my brain were in my leg, but my eyes were still on my head, would I feel like I come from my leg, or what?
If I could see across the entire spectrum of light, would there be more colors that I physically don't have the ability to comprehend, or would it just be MORE red, or more violet?
What the fuck would a microwave look like?
>>
The concept of the self is odd because our memories are imperfect and we change during our lifetime; therefore the concept of "I" and "We" in regards to our brain is the closest we can come to as an identity where those memories are stored.
The idea of a coherent identity is retarded due to Ship of Theseus level changes in our physiology, experiences, etc.
An abstract self exists [collective memories in the brain], but not a definitive one [due to constant changes].
>>
>>8053518
Are brains are simple machines that store objects with associated properties. One day, something told our brain that it was an 'I' that contained all of the stuff gives philosohpers and psychologists problems (soul, mind, will, and others). The lie grew from there, but we are just machines
>>
>>8053745
Muh nigga
>>
>>8054141

You see, eat, taste, talk, breath and hear from your head. No wonder you feel yourself from it.

Also, the I feel myself from my penis, like a lot.
>>
>>8053518
No we are simply the conscious entity that spawned at the expense of the physical frame that is our body. We exist for the collective good of our body cells but we are not our body. If you cut off your leg youre still you.
>>
>>8054141
>Why do I feel like my presence is in my head?
because you were conditioned to think that way
other cultures thought that the 'soul' or 'mind' or whatever that thinking part of the person was called, was located somewhere else entirely

Some native Americans thought it was in the stomach, and Egyptians thought it was in the heart
>>
>>8053715
Underrated post
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.