[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>newfag alert I would like to teach my self maths. To eventually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: maths-ftr.jpg (154 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
maths-ftr.jpg
154 KB, 1240x775
>newfag alert

I would like to teach my self maths. To eventually get into advanced topics such as but not excluded to abstract algebra, multi variable calculus, game theory or graph theory.

I learn very effectively from studying from books and text book.

>also poor fag alert

So school isn't much of an option right now. I would like to do this all on my own.

What do.

>inb4 kill self
>>
OP here.

Would also like to note that I have a year and half of uni under my belt and the highest math I took was calc 1.
>>
>>8050451
Abstract algebra and multivariable calculus are supposed to be first year modules... in which case, can you list which modules you have taken, and a small summary of what they contained?
>>
>>8050468
OP again.

I was compsci major. The only math I took was calculus. We fully covered derivatives, and began integrals at the end of the course. I would have covered integrals in the next course but had to take that semester off because of reasons...

Yeah. So as you can tell, I am also a newfag to maff as well.
>>
File: 20160504_181023.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20160504_181023.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
I still have my calc text book which I only ended up covering half of.

Pic related.
>>
>>8050492
I don't think you should say that you've "fully" covered derivatives, people may think you know more than you actually do and recommend texts that are too advanced (derivatives form a large part of analysis over more general spaces than just [math]\mathbb{R}[/math], or what you may call multivariable calculus).
A good start to make sure you know the foundations is Algebra and Geometry, by A.F. Beardon.
>>
MIT OCW and anything on the internet /thread
>>
>>8050568
Wow, yeah. This is quite the mother lode.
>>
>>8050448
Read some books
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Mathematics
>>
precalc by stewart --> book of proof by hammack --> concepts of limits by hight --> calculus by spivak --> lin algebra by whoever --> analysis by rudin --> congratz ur a /sci/meme
>>
use libgen.io to download books and get started
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.