[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This coming fall, I have to take a computational linear alge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: anime girl with tomato.gif (456 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
anime girl with tomato.gif
456 KB, 500x281
This coming fall, I have to take a computational linear algebra class with my university's infamous hell professor. My goal is to graduate summa cum laude, and although everyone says you just need to take the C, I want to get an A in the class, so I'm trying to teach myself the material over the summer before i have to focus on other classes

Here's his rate my professor

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=233522

and here's the course syllabus

http://www.cs.ecu.edu/~karl/Assessment/Public/Courses/3584/syllabusCSCI3584.html

as you can see, it's not very helpful. does anyone have any recommended resources on what i should study? the course description is

>Same as MATH 3584 May not count toward MATH major or minor. P: Calculus course. Introduces vectors, matrices, and determinants. Special emphasis on application of linear algebra to solution of practical problems.

The last time i took calculus was in high school and i remember NOTHING. what's the best way to teach myself this stuff? i don't even know what i need to teach myself
>>
>>8046246
>forgetting calculus
R u stoopid

If you're cute then hmu.
>>
Take your pedophile cartoons back to >>>/a/.
>>
File: anime girl dont be rude.png (223 KB, 362x391) Image search: [Google]
anime girl dont be rude.png
223 KB, 362x391
>>8046262
>>
>>8046252
i'm not even a math major though, i'm a computer science major. i dont really know why they're making us take calculus but they are
>>
>>8046270
Im planning on taking comp sci, isit alot of math involved or isit just in the first year?
>>
>>8046275
at my school they're making us take calculus like i said, and also stats 1 and 2. though the other classes use math as well with stuff like runtime analysis and solving recurrences, it's just not the focus of the class
>>
First off, why is the course 3000 level? This material is freshman level (inb4 autists say they learned this in HS).

>Introduces vectors, matrices, and determinants. Special emphasis on application of linear algebra to solution of practical problems.
This is not hard. Just look up the first couple lectures of any linear algebra course and it'll cover this. Because the course is "computational", you'll probably have to do tedious shit like invert a matrix on paper, which again isn't hard.

>Calculus course.
I have no idea what this means. Is he going to squeeze a year's worth of calculus into one semester? If so, it might be hard.
>>
>>8046296
everyone who took it talks about how terrible and hellish the class is and how the professor trolls students and doesn't care if people fail bc he's tenured, so i'm not assuming anything's off the table
>>
>>8046246
>taking the watered down CS version of the already watered down intro linear algebra course
>scared you won't get an A

You should kill yourself
>>
>>8046296
I think it's saying you must have completed a calculus course as a prerequisite. It's a vague as fuck course description though.
>>
>>8046410
half the people who take it fail. read the rate my professor
>>
Why are some professors like this. Dementia setting in? Otherwise I guess they are just legitimate assholes.
>>
>>8046246
fap to some qt lolis, anon-kun
>>
>>8046395
Dude, we all get some shitty professor for something at some point. Just be glad it's for babby linear algebra and not some hard class or some obscure subject that 3 people on earth know about.
>>
>>8046246
>Calculus course. Introduces vectors, matrices, and determinants. Special emphasis on application of linear algebra to solution of practical problems.

So basically babby calculus with some matrix algebra. Khanacademy has a decent calculus playlist you should checkout. Good for a refresher too.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.