[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dopamine, Serotonin, Oxytocin. Three chemicals that just fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: love is bullshit.jpg (39 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
love is bullshit.jpg
39 KB, 638x479
Dopamine, Serotonin, Oxytocin.
Three chemicals that just fuck you up.
Is there some way to block these? Looking for any receptor blockers or production inhibitors that I can purchase online.
And don't try to suggest "overdose on dopamine so you fry the receptors".
>>
>>8041733
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depressant
>>
why do you want to be a goalless and undriven slacker?
>>
My professional medical recommendation, in my full capacity as not-a-doctor.

Fry your dopamine receptors.
>>
>>8041733
You don't want to block dopamine, serotonin, and oxytocin. Beyond the obvious (that these neurotransmitters are obviously important). Some atypical antipsychotics have dopamine antagonist properties (along with serotonin antagonism) - drugs like risperdone, quetiapine, and clozapine. There are also drugs with more minor dopamine antagonist properties like melotonin and choline.

So, now with serotonin this gets much much more complicated. There are drugs that antagonize the 2A receptor, the 2C receptor, and the 3x receptors. You're most like talking about the 2A and 2C receptors, specifically, so you would want trazadone and/or prozac respectively.

Finally, oxytocin is a tricky one. I'm not really sure if there are any drugs that are oxytocin antagonists. A brief google search didn't turn up a whole lot.

Why the hell do you want to block these three?
>>
File: Photo Feb 18, 12 20 52 AM.jpg (129 KB, 960x893) Image search: [Google]
Photo Feb 18, 12 20 52 AM.jpg
129 KB, 960x893
>>8041733
This might be the saddest cry for help I've ever seen.
>>
Better question: is there any way to stimulate or control the emission of these chemicals in the brains of others? Preferably something that can be subtly and directionally aerosolized?

>>8041776
>Why the hell do you want to block these three?
Read the OP's pic.

>>8041733
Each of those chemicals does more than one thing; they're not just "love drugs," and if you turn them off, you'll fuck your world up to the extreme. You'd be better off castrating yourself, but don't do that. Things will change when you graduate high school.
>>
>>8042617
true dat
>>
File: aromaticaminoacids.png (289 KB, 1189x580) Image search: [Google]
aromaticaminoacids.png
289 KB, 1189x580
>>8042617
>stimulate
>>
>>8042617
That doesn't really answer the question.
>>
>>8041733
>love is just chemicals in your brain

can you tip your fedora any harder? the only people who insist on pointing this out MUST wear a fedora and trenchcoat on the regular.
>>
>>8041733
>these chemicals are correlated with some things with p ~= 0.5
>let's fuck with them and see what happens

>psychiatry
>science
not even once
>>
>>8043415
they also think that a novel is merely ink and paper
>>
>>8042682
Nope, those are precursors to production. If you have a pile of steel and no factory you have no product. If you have a pile of steel and a factory but the quota is met, you don't produce more. If you have a factory that has no steel then you need steel to make product. If you eat, you will have all the precursors, if you aren't malnourished you will have plentiful precursors.

Now if you took a handful of amphetamines and you were having a harsh comedown there's a good chance that some L-Tyrosine could help spike neurotransmitter levels and alleviate symptoms. If you took L-Tyrosine and amphetamines you could hypothetically reach a higher peak, you will probably have mind blowing nausea though, since nausea is a part of the dopaminergic chain.
>>
>>8043500
>If you eat, you will have all the precursors, if you aren't malnourished you will have plentiful precursors.
>pretending to know
So, do we make DMT with it or don't we, rhetorically?
>>
>>8043521
Only to the point which homeostasis occurs, dipshit. You don't just take a handful of precursors to trip balls, you could hypothetically take precursors before a trip and peak harder simply due to the fact that the drugs break the homeostatic barriers within the brain for their duration. Beyond that unless you're malnourished you won't see a marked increase in any neurotransmitter, period.
>>
>>8044524
>[source not provided]
Getting more protein increases workout recovery. "Eating big to get big." It's ludicrous to suggest that mental fitness can't be increased by the same.
>>
>>8045210
>retarded fedora is buttmad that girls dont like him
>gets his science info from facebook memes, is now a bona-fide expert on neurotransmitters
>takes a lot of antipsychotics and kills himself

and nothing of value was lost
>>
>>8045264
(meant to reply to OP, not anon)
>>
>>8045264
this
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.