[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Columbian Devil's Breath aka Scopolamine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: scopolamine-tree.jpg (255 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
scopolamine-tree.jpg
255 KB, 640x480
Lately, I have heard from friends that they know people who have been "brainwashed" by people just blowing this shit in their faces. It's hard for me to imagine how that exactly works since people say you'll get completely docile but I wish there was some video in which someone tried to experiment to either prove or disprove it entirely. But if we're going by the notion that it works completely, how do you counter against it? What do you do if that powder shit gets blown in your face?
>>
>>8039857
Ingest some nerve gas
>>
>>8039857
>Scopolamine

what in the fucking fuck are you talking about? get the shit out and do some research you don't know anything. Get your fucking tabloid bullshit out of here.
>>
>>8039857
From what I understand if someone gets that stuff on you you're pretty much fucked. Advice is to not get too close to strangers if they're asking for directions or something like that. I don't know how effective that advice is, though.
>>
>>8039872
> and do some research
Which I have, and a lot of sources or stories indicate that it can be utilized as a rob or rape drug. It ain't just happening in Colombia, people in France and Britain have been affected by people utilizing that stuff as well.
The other stuff I can find about Scopolamine is how it's generally used as a way to help people struggling with motion sickness.

>>8039873
Is it really possible to get something blown in your face and immediately zoning out? Shouldn't there be a certain timeframe before it completely hits your brain or nervous system for that matter?
>>
>>8039874
>Is it really possible to get something blown in your face and immediately zoning out? Shouldn't there be a certain timeframe before it completely hits your brain or nervous system for that matter?

My bad, it seems that the getting stuff blown in your face and zoning out is a myth. Most of it comes from spiked drinks and such. So, do not accept drinks from strangers. From someone people I know who (maybe) was drugged he woke up with no memories sleeping in some dumpster. It's really hard to know what's a myth and what's true because the drug lends itself to flights of fancy. But not remembering and the possibility of medical complications seem safe enough.
>>
>>8039857
>What to do
Physostigmine IV as soon as possible.
>Datura and related tropane alkaloid plants are toxic so be careful
In certain tribes Brugmasia and Datura are used to contact the spirit world, Datura is described as the 'Devils Trumpet' as it grows (from hell) upwards and Brugmansia 'Heavens Flower' because like pic related it grows down from the heavens, alkaloid content is similar.
Some tribes use this stuff in coming of age rituals, adolescents who have reached the age of adulthood are given small quantities of seeds in an effort to eradicate any memory of them being children.
In India and parts of Pakistan, it grows wild with mostly people attached to agriculture being its main users, either to get fucked up. see shit or as an aphrodisiac. I knew somebody whos relative took this and he tripped out, one second he was crying manic laughter and the next screaming atop his lungs that he was dying and that his family should prepare his will.
Next day he didn't remember anything.
>>
>>8039877
> My bad, it seems that the getting stuff blown in your face and zoning out is a myth.

Wait it is? Phew, is there by any chance an article that debunks it? I recall someone telling me that getting exposed to powder through inhaling it as opposed to oral digestion leads to a quicker or more potent effect, but I hope that is just bullshit.

Anyway, sounds really messed up what happened to your acquaintances, though fortunately the idea of avoiding spiked drinks and foods is commonplace.

>>8039883
> Physostigmine IV
And how should I acquire it, through a local pharmacy?

> I knew somebody whos relative took this and he tripped out, one second he was crying manic laughter and the next screaming atop his lungs that he was dying and that his family should prepare his will.
Next day he didn't remember anything.

Jesus, that sounds horrifying. Did he trip on it through sniffing the powder or something?
>>
>>8039889
Only way you can get that is if you make it to a hospital on time, deleriants are known as as deleriants for a reason, they profoundly fuck your reasoning skills up. You'll have really vivid hallucinations which feel real, like you going into your kitchen, getting water from the cooler and talking to your best friend for hours, it's only later you realised that never happened and you were just standing there in the kitchen talking to yourself.
>Did he sniff powder
Nah, this is way out in farmland. He wanted to try out datura which was growing around inna woods.
Bad move, he's lucky in that he didn't poison himself.
>>
>>8039891
Forgot to add
Most likely he ate the flower and parts of the leaves. If he ate the seeds he'd be dead
Datura smells awful like gone off peanut butter and i'd imagine it takes terrible
>>
>>8039889
>Phew, is there by any chance an article that debunks it?
No, I don't. And now that I'm researching a bit more I'm not so sure anymore. I've seen some interviews with people who have used scopolamine to rob targets, and they generally spike alcoholic drinks. That's why I think blowing it in your face may not be as effective, but I can't say for sure.
>>
>>8039898
It seems that the general consensus, even being said by several governments that one must be alert with regards to scopolamine being used to spike drinks and food. A lot of articles also seem to be doubtful when it comes to the assertion that people can easily get influenced by simply breathing or getting the scopolamine in their faces. I mean, if you end up inhaling some through your nose you could always sniff it back out -- I guess?
>>
>>8041438
Atropine used to applied by Victorian women on their pupils in the form of eye drops, it'd dilate their pupils and make them appear more attractive. Higher doses would fuck you up, the only topical application of atropine is for dilating the pupil during eye surgery. LD50 for scopolamine and atropine are quite low, like in the miligram range. Inhaling a lot of the powder or getting it on your eyes and in your mouth could potentially affect you adversely.

However, the common method is through spiking drinks and food.
The whole powder in your face stories date back to shamans in south america that blow smoke in the faces of people during ceremonies, or burning incense etc.
>>
>>8039857
OP do not believe vice's hyped bullshit about the drug.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.