[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CO2 emissions increase vegetation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Seems like we're safe.
>>
>>8039567

Vegetation increased in Europe because people decided it maybe wasn't the best idea to cut down all their forests and not plant any more trees. I don't know what other point you're trying to make.
>>
>>8039582
http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nclimate3004.html
>Factorial simulations with multiple global ecosystem models suggest that CO2 fertilization effects explain 70% of the observed greening trend, followed by nitrogen deposition (9%), climate change (8%) and land cover change (LCC) (4%).
>>
95% of a tree's bulk is just comes from CO2 absorbed from the air. They're like crystals in a way; its fascinating

The best solution for curbing CO2 content in the atmosphere is to start farming genetically engineered super-algae en-masse and then pulverizing/harvesting it to make fresh, clean crude oil (that has far less pollutants) for our gas energy needs.
Too bad regular crude oil got so cheap and killed all interest in the idea
>>
>>8039619
yeah, and using wood for everything instead of metal or plastics
i'd love to have a macbook with a wooden case
>>
>>8039567
You're only looking at Europe. Europe is the only place where vegetation is increasing and it's not because of CO2 but because people have stopped cutting down forests. If you looked at South America, Central Africa or Asia that would be a different story, even though they have the same levels of CO2.
>>
>>8039646

try harder

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36130346

>Just 4% of vegetated land has suffered from plant loss.
>>
>>8039646
and north america
and russia
They are doing mass cutting in those other places, which is why its declining there.
>>
File: internet-think-tank.gif (16 KB, 630x435) Image search: [Google]
internet-think-tank.gif
16 KB, 630x435
>>8039630
plastic has some inherent advantages though like making food last longer. Although that could be remedied with better refrigeration with energy from the algae like the top guy said.
>>
File: DesertsGreeningRisingTempCO2.jpg (85 KB, 1477x591) Image search: [Google]
DesertsGreeningRisingTempCO2.jpg
85 KB, 1477x591
>>8039567
Enjoy the Modern Warm Period while it lasts.
>>
>>8040467
I really hate graphs with colours that don't even say what they're talking about
>>
>>8040467
modern maximum is the GOAT era
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.